Quantum of Solace Becomes Top Bond of All Time

Er, that's not why Quantum of Solace is more Bondian than Casino Royale. (FTR, Bond hit on the same number of women in CR.) IMO, it's the backstory and motivation of Camille's character and the, you know, actual personality of Greene that makes QoS superior. Camille's more Fleming-like than Vesper, which is ironic, since Vesper is actually a Fleming character!

Personality of Greene? He had none! He was just a sniveling crybaby with a convoluted plan to monopolize some foreign water and no real stock in the plot other than to be a foil. And I could see your point about the backstory and motivation of Camille's character if said backstory and motivation didn't happen to totally suck, not to mention come out of nowhere. Despite Vesper's slight woodenness in CR, I the viewer feel like I know more about her character than I did Camille's, who basically fell under the category of vengeful beauty who connects with Bond for a moment and then disappears.

Humor is lost on serious Bolt. More smilies until he gets it! :laugh::laugh::):P

I'm not sure what you're getting at here... I'm all about making funnies, but you didn't seem to be joking in your last post... unless you're referring to Bond's "humor" in QoS, and then I would say you should probably reconsider your definition of the word.
 
This means nothing, really -- pretty much every Bond movie outperforms the previous and becomes the "highest grossing" Bond. It's a tradition for the Bond movies, much like how each new Bond girl actress will say, "Well, my Bond girl is different from all the rest; she's not window-dressing, she's his equal!"



WIN! :science:
 
Personality of Greene? He had none! He was just a sniveling crybaby with a convoluted plan to monopolize some foreign water and no real stock in the plot other than to be a foil. And I could see your point about the backstory and motivation of Camille's character if said backstory and motivation didn't happen to totally suck, not to mention come out of nowhere. Despite Vesper's slight woodenness in CR, I the viewer feel like I know more about her character than I did Camille's, who basically fell under the category of vengeful beauty who connects with Bond for a moment and then disappears.

Ohhhh, I'm sorry; I can't take the opinion of anybody who likes Diamonds Are Forever seriously.
 
... good one. I guess in the future I should really consider how my opinions are going to affect the discussive capabilities of 30-something Japanese children's show fans.
 
... good one. I guess in the future I should really consider how my opinions are going to affect the discussive capabilities of 30-something Japanese children's show fans.

1) It's so tiresome when someone gets beaten down in an argument, so they resort to that tired old "it's just a kids show." If that's what you think, why are you even here?

2) Learn math.

3) Discussive capabilities -- "...if said backstory and motivation didn't happen to totally suck." Nice discussive capabilities there, Bolt!

4) Capabilities versus preferences. Learn the difference.

I remember the Bolt who knew how to take a joke.
 
1) It's so tiresome when someone gets beaten down in an argument, so they resort to that tired old "it's just a kids show." If that's what you think, why are you even here?

2) Learn math.

3) Discussive capabilities -- "...if said backstory and motivation didn't happen to totally suck." Nice discussive capabilities there, Bolt!

4) Capabilities versus preferences. Learn the difference.

Ah, numbered lists! I love this type of argument.

1. If we're going to talk about being "beaten down," you were the one that concluded the semi-thoughtful QoS discussion with the infinitely numbnuts statement "Ohhhh, I'm sorry; I can't take the opinion of anybody who likes Diamonds Are Forever seriously."

I mean, really? That's the best you could do even with your infinite knowledge of all things Bond and the uncanny ability to pull arguments out of your ass? That would be like me saying "I can't listen to anybody who masturbates to the intro to Changeman." If you couldn't think of anything else to say, you could've just conceded or admitted that the movie was horseshit, and if you didn't want to say anything else, why did you bother replying?

2. I'm sorry I have no concept of how old you are. Should I have guessed higher? If so, you're not helping your case. And what does me throwing out an arbitrary age-guestimate have to do with math anyway...?

3. I guess if I had pussyfooted and said "I didn't care for the prescribed backstory, nor the motivation for what should have been a pivotal character in the film's narrative" it would've been considered a valid rebuttle. But since I decided to tell the truth, which is that a good portion of the movie's contents blew big, meaty chunks, I suppose I'll have to live with the fact that I also have terrible discussive capabilities. Ah well.

4. See 1. If you didn't prefer to discuss any further, why not just drop it instead of going out of your way to make yourself look like some kind of butthurt "talk to the hand"er? I assumed by your lack of continued analysis you had run out of meaningful things to say. And I was probably right.

I remember the Bolt who knew how to take a joke.

If you consider copout argument-exits to be humor, then you're right, I don't get it. Maybe if I talk to you long enough I'll be well-versed in the ways of issue dodging, and then we can have a serious conversation... or not.

And by that token, I remember Shougo before he was an opinionated b'stard just for the sake of being an opinionated b'stard. I might be disagreeable, but at least I'm consistant.
 
"He made three jokes, which is three more than in Casino" sounds like a serious point to you, Bolt? Really?

You know Die Another Day and Moonraker count as Bond movies.

Die Another Day sucks, but if you cut everything out of it except for the sword fight then suddenly it's awesome. So I'll at least give it that. And Moonraker is cheesy fun, and enjoyable for that. There's nothing enjoyable about Casino Royale.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top