DekaThunder Rider
The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
I understand that there is a serious concern with piracy.
However,I do not consider someone putting an episode of a cartoon from 15-20 years ago on YouTube to be a crime.In fact,YouTube is really the only resource where you can see some of this stuff.For example I have high doubts the Hanna-Barbera Ultraman will ever see a DVD release in the U.S.(I do know it came out on DVD in Japan).
Likewise I doubt the 1970`s Spider-Man series(the American one) will see a DVD release anytime soon,although it could be a possibility when the new movie comes out next summer.So I guess I cannot rule it out(note to Marvel...make it happen!)
So,really YouTube is the ony resource for me to get to see that stuff.Honestly,who goes on YouTube to watch some annoying teenager talk in a high-pitched voice or stuff like that.People go on YouTube to watch TV shows they haven`t seen in years.
I have noticed that the game industry doesn`t seem to be as uptight as Hollywood is.I have seen few video game playthrough videos get axed on YouTube.
I have also noticed that with many such videos,the poster makes a point to include a disclaimer saying that he or she is not trying to make money off these videos and that they are not trying to infringe on anyone`s copyrights
But as I said,I do not believe this bill will pass.I think it`s too complex and really wouldn`t stop anything.There would be an uproar,not just from YouTube,Facebook,etc. but by everyday people like you and me.
However,I do not consider someone putting an episode of a cartoon from 15-20 years ago on YouTube to be a crime.In fact,YouTube is really the only resource where you can see some of this stuff.For example I have high doubts the Hanna-Barbera Ultraman will ever see a DVD release in the U.S.(I do know it came out on DVD in Japan).
Likewise I doubt the 1970`s Spider-Man series(the American one) will see a DVD release anytime soon,although it could be a possibility when the new movie comes out next summer.So I guess I cannot rule it out(note to Marvel...make it happen!)
So,really YouTube is the ony resource for me to get to see that stuff.Honestly,who goes on YouTube to watch some annoying teenager talk in a high-pitched voice or stuff like that.People go on YouTube to watch TV shows they haven`t seen in years.
I have noticed that the game industry doesn`t seem to be as uptight as Hollywood is.I have seen few video game playthrough videos get axed on YouTube.
I have also noticed that with many such videos,the poster makes a point to include a disclaimer saying that he or she is not trying to make money off these videos and that they are not trying to infringe on anyone`s copyrights
But as I said,I do not believe this bill will pass.I think it`s too complex and really wouldn`t stop anything.There would be an uproar,not just from YouTube,Facebook,etc. but by everyday people like you and me.