Both shows aired on a Sunday time slot only which result in less viewership.
Air on Saturday evening time slot instead to bring more viewers and have both new rider and sentai shows premiere at the same time on feburary like back in the early 2000’s

Well, the reason they moved to Sunday mornings was because ratings were dropping in the Saturday evening timeslot. Remember, Ohranger had the lowest ratings average of any Super Sentai until Go-Busters. After the Metal Hero franchise died a slow and painful death and Super Sentai was going down the same route in the mid 1990s, it's all Toei and Bandai could do to save it. Besides, the time slot shift actually benefited Megaranger (the Sentai that was airing when they made the change) because episodes became 4-5 minutes longer. As a result, the tone of Sentai shifted from a heavy focus on narratives to a heavy focus on characters. Honestly, I just don't see Sentai and Kamen Rider performing well in another timeslot, especially Saturday evening where it would go up against tons of heavy competition.

As for premiering them at the same time, I'm glad Toei has changed the release schedule. When you premiere two shows close to each other, one tends to overshadow the other. By staggering the premieres, that gives Toei more time and resources to hype up their new show instead of having to split the hype among two upcoming shows.

They also experience young people who never experience acting to play as the main heroes like sentai and rider.

Yeah, but more often than not a lot of these inexperienced actors become famous as a result of their time on KR and SS and, honestly, pretty damned talented during their tenure. I have become a big fan of Kamen Rider Drive's lead actor, Ryoma Takeuchi. He started off pretty uninteresting, but once the scripts finally gave him some meat he really dug into it.

Both the shows budgets are low
Again, they may seem low, but they're actually not. The FX may not look up to par up to works from other countries, but the shows are still pretty expensive. The only way costs are kept down is because they don't pay their actors and crews all that much.

Have a future sentai series where the sentai heroes will have no mouthpiece and have them look like riderman and voicelugger especially the anime series gatchaman.

Oh yes, I'm sure fans would LOVE that and wouldn't blast the show on the spot for that aesthetic at all.

Focus more on tv ratings and less on toy ratings because viewership is more important than merchandising though it’s also important to increase money for future projects

No, viewership is not more important. Period. It is literally that simple. Your "solution" is simply naive and misinformed. Toy sales keep the franchise afloat because Bandai gets money and Toei gets money and everyone is happy. Ratings are just numbers. That's all. If Toei and Bandai don't get any money from their products, they won't continue to make them. It's always been like that. Guess how Doctor Who makes its money? Merchandise. Guess how Ultraman makes its money? Merchandise. As previously stated, these shows are expensive. If plenty of people watch but don't buy the merchandise, it doesn't stay on the air.

Have the shows toy merchandise be released after two days after the rider /sentai shows premiered.

Mmhmm, because not having the products on shelves when they're in demand is a great business practice. I hope you never run a company, I'd hate to see people lose their jobs because of you.

The movies are an investment, though. They spend money to make money. They put in a certain amount and then profit from ticket sales, DVD and Blu-Ray sales, merchandise, etc.

At the press conference for Drive's Surprise Future movie this year, Shirakura (producer) publicly stated that Toei have had complaints of making the summer movies "too special" and will handle it differently next year. We'll see how that works out ...

I heard most got mixed reviews but at least some of them are 2 or 1 in the box office list but still i think the studio waste too much money on making yearly summer rider/sentai films that they should have used them as direct to video movies instead heck they could have avoided making the yearly summer rider/sentai films so they can save it for future projects for both and improve them.
And as for what you said about that surprise future is goign to be different like previous summer rider.sentai films well we'll see about that.

Why do you want end credits for rider?
It would mean reducing the actual showtime of an episode by 1 minute to make room for end credits...I would rather they use that 1 minute on the story.
Currently, the credits are all already in the opening song, and the ending song plays during the climax scene of the episode.

Yeah but i still kamen rider should really need end credits i mean every shows have end credits and i understand they extended the credits in the opening and put the ending song on the climax scene in every episodes but it needs an end credits like its brother super sentai show and many anime.

The idea of going back to just one Rider wouldn't work, despite all the gimmicks. Especially when the main Rider & supporters would get too comfortable with each other. Which is why the extra Riders are used. As we seen for example, when Meteor showed up he rattled the KRC's cage. At the same time, it helps for character development. To where the main Rider has to figure out how to work with someone who's the polar opposite.

To be fair, they don't always use them like that.

I'm all for there being a lot of Riders, don't get me wrong, but that's not how they're always used. Beast is a good example - he only really met his full potential in a couple of one offs, near the end (but was ultimately eclipsed), and in a movie, and his role there wasn't even as a Rider but in the whole "old magic" thing they never did anything with.

Yes,thats true but a simple change should be need for a future kamen rider series if a kamen rider series need a single rider only then he will get supporting help from his friends just like how the showa series did including black also
Kaoru Ichijo a character from kamen rider kuuga a detective but unpowered helps the main protagonist even though he has no rider power and is not a secondary rider

They just need to have meaningful secondary riders. For example, Mach's introduction was just terrible. "I come from nowhere and I'm a Kamen Rider, and I'm here to help you fight!". Compared to Chase's, Chase was a "meaningful" secondary rider, where there was so much introduction on him before he finally became a rider.

Mach first started a almost affectionate parody to showa riders and it's true that chase was a meaningful secondary rider similar to shadow moon from black who was considered an unofficial kamen rider though he is a evil it there is a single rider series they will include superpowered rider beings but will not be marked as kamen riders but let them be unofficial secondary riders instead.

Mach's introduction was not terrible at all. Mach was introduced as a young upstart in contrast to Drive, and their contrast gave Shin and Kiriko a fair amount of development early on that both of them kind of needed. It also, let's not forget, was part of a much bigger plot - and it's not like it was truly "out of nowhere" - we were informed at least somewhat prior that there was stuff around the world, just like we knew Krim had had coworkers and such.

You might have a point but i still think that the studios and even bandai will halt the secondary or multi rider process for once in any future rider series.

Well, the reason they moved to Sunday mornings was because ratings were dropping in the Saturday evening timeslot. Remember, Ohranger had the lowest ratings average of any Super Sentai until Go-Busters. After the Metal Hero franchise died a slow and painful death and Super Sentai was going down the same route in the mid 1990s, it's all Toei and Bandai could do to save it. Besides, the time slot shift actually benefited Megaranger (the Sentai that was airing when they made the change) because episodes became 4-5 minutes longer. As a result, the tone of Sentai shifted from a heavy focus on narratives to a heavy focus on characters. Honestly, I just don't see Sentai and Kamen Rider performing well in another timeslot, especially Saturday evening where it would go up against tons of heavy competition.

As for premiering them at the same time, I'm glad Toei has changed the release schedule. When you premiere two shows close to each other, one tends to overshadow the other. By staggering the premieres, that gives Toei more time and resources to hype up their new show instead of having to split the hype among two upcoming shows.

Really hmm then we better find another time slot suitable for children to bring more viewership and high ratings do you have any suggestions if its still sunday morning we still need to change the time slot or still have it saturday evening if timeslots doesn't work its best they should cancel both franchise or maybe reduce the number of episodes if it is in a different timeslot and not to be a pushover to previous shows whose time slot they now owned unless they might air them on the web and to still bring more viewership especially on the internet.

Yeah, but more often than not a lot of these inexperienced actors become famous as a result of their time on KR and SS and, honestly, pretty damned talented during their tenure. I have become a big fan of Kamen Rider Drive's lead actor, Ryoma Takeuchi. He started off pretty uninteresting, but once the scripts finally gave him some meat he really dug into it.

That's true but i still we need experienced young actors but are also unknown that way they will gain more popularity heck kevin spacey before he was an actor in films and television was a unknown stage actor with experience.

Again, they may seem low, but they're actually not. The FX may not look up to par up to works from other countries, but the shows are still pretty expensive. The only way costs are kept down is because they don't pay their actors and crews all that much.
Maybe they should the increase the budget so that actor (both talented and untalented) and crew will get better equal wages.

Oh yes, I'm sure fans would LOVE that and wouldn't blast the show on the spot for that aesthetic at all.
You may speak sarcastic but i still think it will work.

No, viewership is not more important. Period. It is literally that simple. Your "solution" is simply naive and misinformed. Toy sales keep the franchise afloat because Bandai gets money and Toei gets money and everyone is happy. Ratings are just numbers. That's all. If Toei and Bandai don't get any money from their products, they won't continue to make them. It's always been like that. Guess how Doctor Who makes its money? Merchandise. Guess how Ultraman makes its money? Merchandise. As previously stated, these shows are expensive. If plenty of people watch but don't buy the merchandise, it doesn't stay on the air.

You may have a good point about merchandise but i still think ratings are more important because gaining admiration and well performance from viewers will make both riders and sentai series spectacular but we must not be heavy on merchandises i mean kamen rider and super sentai are not toy commercials all we can do now is balance the two viewership and merchandising and if its properly balanced then we will not get admiration and popularity from viewers but also we can get more money from merchandise if the system is prop

Mmhmm, because not having the products on shelves when they're in demand is a great business practice. I hope you never run a company, I'd hate to see people lose their jobs because of you.

I still think it would before they can air commercials during the shows premiere and two days later when they are on the shelves kids and customers will hurry down quickly to buy them ,and to tell you the truth i never got a business degree cause i am not interested in business.

Last edited:
Henshin a Go-Go!!
What is the point in us responding to you? You just reply with something to the tune of "Yes, but here's why I'm not changing my mind even if your point is completely valid." every time. If you want to have an actual dialogue, that's fine but it doesn't seem like you actually do.

What is the point in us responding to you? You just reply with something to the tune of "Yes, but here's why I'm not changing my mind even if your point is completely valid." every time. If you want to have an actual dialogue, that's fine but it doesn't seem like you actually do.

No, he clearly doesn't.

kamsasdn13213231, I'm done trying to talk through your thick skull. Consider yourself blocked, and I think everyone oughta do the same. After all, you've already blocked us out by not listening one goddamned bit to what any of us have to say. Enjoy your world of fantasy and rainbows.

All right its better i won't talk about it anyway since you believe it won't work but then again it might work someday or perhaps maybe both franchise will come up with something to improve eventually.

Last edited:
to tell you the truth i never got a business degree cause i am not interested in business.

And oh, it shows. You want a bigger budget? You need more toy sales. You want more toy sales? You spend more money marketing them. You want more money for marketing? You lower your production costs. i have an education degree, no interest in business myself - all of this is just common sense. In the same way you can't just make money magically appear for yourself, neither can businesses. If you want to tell Toei and Bandai how to do what they've been doing for decades, you need experience. Otherwise they're just going to block you out, like I'm going to do.

Do yourself a favor - take those rose-colored glasses off for a minute and really look at the world. It won't look pretty, but it's what we have to work with.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
• The production company didn’t have more free time to improve the plot and let the show remain in a few week hiatus to give more time to improve.
How is this beneficial to anyone? Most TV shows don't do this and if this happened who uses the vacant timeslot? In Japan, companies buy timeslot space for a course (13 weeks), usually more (or 4 courses in the case of Sentai and Rider). Reducing an episode count because the staff is tired? That is part of the reason most television shows have a bunch of guest writers and directors, the main writer is the one to keep things consistent. What you're proposing would actually hurt a company because it tells their sponsors they can't rely on them for advertisement and how do you think studios make money? Ads are where studios get their money and for companies it is merchandise (mainly home release). Not to mention the poor saps that are subjected to something like that while a show is airing might forget some key details between the spans of time they wouldn't if it was just a week. That encourages negative thinking and thus less customers.

How is this beneficial to anyone? Most TV shows don't do this and if this happened who uses the vacant timeslot? In Japan, companies buy timeslot space for a course (13 weeks), usually more (or 4 courses in the case of Sentai and Rider). Reducing an episode count because the staff is tired? That is part of the reason most television shows have a bunch of guest writers and directors, the main writer is the one to keep things consistent. What you're proposing would actually hurt a company because it tells their sponsors they can't rely on them for advertisement and how do you think studios make money? Ads are where studios get their money and for companies it is merchandise (mainly home release). Not to mention the poor saps that are subjected to something like that while a show is airing might forget some key details between the spans of time they wouldn't if it was just a week. That encourages negative thinking and thus less customers.

Now i see why J-dramas have less episodes unlike anime but what we can do how can we improve the toei tokusatsu shows without making it worse for the studios and sponsors and i thought free time would work also every sunday mornings are always golf,news and well special sport types like the olympics in the same channel where rider and sentai aired.

And oh, it shows. You want a bigger budget? You need more toy sales. You want more toy sales? You spend more money marketing them. You want more money for marketing? You lower your production costs. i have an education degree, no interest in business myself - all of this is just common sense. In the same way you can't just make money magically appear for yourself, neither can businesses. If you want to tell Toei and Bandai how to do what they've been doing for decades, you need experience. Otherwise they're just going to block you out, like I'm going to do.

Do yourself a favor - take those rose-colored glasses off for a minute and really look at the world. It won't look pretty, but it's what we have to work with.

That's what everyone told me "i need experience" and to tell you the truth about balancing tv show productions and merchandising its complicated and difficult.It will take someone who is good at business strategies to do that.

The Golden Wizard
The problem with these shows is that they keep on "repeating" the same old sh*t. Time after time. Same story lines, same old plots, same old gimmicks. But being on the air year after year for decades. What "new " can you actually bring to table?

That's because, when Kida was writing, he never bothered to do anything with Beast and tended to sideline him. Any episodes where the character did anything positive (including the conclusion of his story) were written by Komura, the supporting writer. It's easy to get the impression that Kida didn't want a secondary Rider in the show, or at least wanted a different one than Toei/Bandai envisioned. I can't help wondering if something similar happened with Drive; Sanjo gave an interview at the start of the show where he said that Ohmori wanted "a hero who could stand on his own" and wanted to avoid a big multi-Rider cast like Gaim's
Oh yeah, I mean, I have a general idea of why it was the way it was, I was just saying that from the standpoint of a "second Riders are _____," this was one that, reasons aside, wasn't the case.