>Kikaider
>Inazuman
>Zubat
>Machine Man
>God Sigma
>Albegas
>literally dozens more

I dare say this is beyond the based.

The 'Toei Tokusatsu World' youtube channel has sadly gone down within just five hours. Apparently it's due to a massive number of copyright strikes made against it's videos...by Toei's own bots! D'Oh!

And the only thing I'd managed to watch was the first episode of Ninja Captor. :mad: Hopefully it will be back up very soon.

So yes, assuming this reappears, it consists of a variety of older Toei toku properties along with a handful of Super Robot anime series. The big headliner was the that they have uploaded a fully subbed version of the 'Shin: Kamen Rider Prologue' movie. There's also a bunch of Metal Heroes, along with shows like Inazuman's rarely seen second season, the first Robocon series etc. It didn't seem that there were any other Rider releases, nor any Sentai ones.

Series that recently saw official releases, like Juspion, were blocked in the US (because you have to buy the physical media). Funnily enough, so was B-Fighter, implying that someone somewhere still has those Betleborg rights. But they were allowing Kikaider, so I guess the Hawaiian company Generation Kikaida, which sells DVD sets, didn't have the streaming rights?

It's also worth noting that in instances like Juspion, the youtube channel wasn't using the same subtitles as the licensed release. A lot of people have commented that there does seem to be some weird word choices in the subs too. For example, according to the subs when Star Cop Gavan transforms he shouts "metamorphosis!" rather than "electroplate!"

As had been reported previously, only the first couple of episodes of each show were initially uploaded, with some somewhat vague statements from Toei stating that they would post these series in their entirety yet implying that they will only bother subtitling the ones that prove popular and leave the rest as raws. So maybe don't delete your fansubs just yet?

Last edited:
S

scikaiju

By there own botss? Good luck with that appeal process. Joking aside I hope theate able to get the channel up and running again. They made a effort to give something to the western fanbase amd it shouldn't go down like that.

D

Dr Kain

It's back up, but I guess there are videos missing. I can't help but laugh when a company has bots blocking their own content. It doesn't feel so good now does it Toei?

If you want to see what's available in your country (remember it is just the first two episodes), check out this Google Doc being compiled by Tom Constantine of the Tokusatsu News Network: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mnrZtf8gLqqrYzc4xy3_Nw8885TNxQkYaRvrBZXGUDM/edit#gid=0

If you live in a country not mentioned, feel free to add in what you can see too!

Also, whoever would have thought that the next Rider to get official streaming in the West after Amazons would be Shin?!

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
>implying Combattler V, Daimos, and Daltanious aren't all bought by Discotek

And Hasbro might be the next Harmony Gold. Also I'm going to be fuming if they don't finish God Sigma, it's the final anime that appeared in the Super Robot Wars Z games I haven't seen and one of the only three (other two being Mechander Robo and Sasuraiger) from non-download titles in general I haven't seen. There's rumors going around Barom-1 is also on there but not available for US viewers, not sure if anyone can confirm.

T

Tom Strong

I'm surprised Kikaida, Kikaida 01, and Inazuman are available to U.S. viewers. Doesn't JN Productions in Hawaii own the American rights to those?

They own the home video rights, but it was negotiated so long ago that it probably didn't include streaming. Also, there's a rumour that the deal might have expired a while ago. Licensing agreements usually allow you to sell off any remaining stock after the deal ends. It's not as if they were moving loads of copies; The last pallet of DVDs will probably last them quite a while.

Also, it looks like Toei are putting up further episodes without subs...but have switched on the "community captions" option to make it clear they are quite happy for fans to do the work for them without pay. ? For reference, please don't upload any existing fansubs onto the youtube videos.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Also, it looks like Toei are putting up further episodes without subs...but have switched on the "community captions" option to make it clear they are quite happy for fans to do the work for them without pay.

Well that's what they said they were going to do when they first announced this thing.