I don't do sense
1335368930518.jpg

Join me....Cloud.
Really? You feel raped?

Why is this another reason to bag on Samurai? It's something different for Japan, if only Shinkenger with American actors.

Plus it might be so Bandai can sell repackaged Samurai toys. Who knows, if it's popular it might result in Figuarts of Mega Mode and Shogun Mode?

Well, I understand were the guy is coming from. He doesn't mean he feels like someone raped him, but he does feel like Saban raped the hell outta Sentai.

No one can deny that Saban is a hack job thief. Yes, I give love to the original few seasons he created, but only because they were released when I was too young and dumb to know what he was doing. Now that I know he stole his ideas from Sentai I would never watch his sub par BS.

Not saying that anyone should feel as we do.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Well, I understand were the guy is coming from. He doesn't mean he feels like someone raped him, but he does feel like Saban raped the hell outta Sentai.

No one can deny that Saban is a hack job thief. Yes, I give love to the original few seasons he created, but only because they were released when I was too young and dumb to know what he was doing. Now that I know he stole his ideas from Sentai I would never watch his sub par BS.

dude, i never said saban raped me(ok they did with samurai) but in this situation i'm more saying that toei raped me for thinking that one of the worst seasons of power rangers is good for their japanese sentai fanbase(but really it's a lose-lose situation between operation overdrive and samurai)

plus saban never stole anything from toei, if he did then they wouldn't get extra footage of zyuranger and possibly file for lawsuit. like i said, i'm not a sentai purist, but i'm not this anti-power rangers as you think i am. i'm sorry that you were confused.

Join me....Cloud.
dude, i never said saban raped me(ok they did with samurai) but in this situation i'm more saying that toei raped me for thinking that one of the worst seasons of power rangers is good for their japanese sentai fanbase(but really it's a lose-lose situation between operation overdrive and samurai)

plus saban never stole anything from toei, if he did then they wouldn't get extra footage of zyuranger and possibly file for lawsuit. like i said, i'm not a sentai purist, but i'm not this anti-power rangers as you think i am. i'm sorry that you were confused.

Well excuse me for taking your "getting raped" bit outta context. I usually think when I hear that term the "raping", that it means the raping Sentai got in my eyes. You say that it's all legal, but it still doesn't change that Saban's crap can't hold a candle to the original source.

As I said in my original post, I don't want anyone thinking my opinion is fact. You can think Saban's work is a masterpiece if you wish, but don't get angry at others when they feel differently. Not saying anyone has on this message board.

Not really interested that much, though to be honest, its not worth the hate it gets. The only bad part is it has all these great ideas, but they are not taken advantage of. Time Force was direct, LSR was direct, Lost Galaxy was direct, Wild Force , SPD and Mystic Force were also direct adapts of the Sentai.

Heck, if I were to twist things a bit, MMPR follows the series it is from [though mostly Zyuranger and Kakuranger though] in some form. Just adjusted for Americans.

The big issue was how it started and how much of the mythos made little sense or elaborated on. Its good they were going for to be faithful to Shinkenger, but its a different context, different actors. And it could've lent itself decent backstories on why the team is multiethnic and made its own mark. But between trying to imitate MMPR and being Shinkenger, it felt like a Dynaman. It had decent footing , but needed better writing to smooth the Japanese story with better executions. At some points, it felt better than Shinkenger.

Not a bad show, but nonetheless, not impressive either. Biases out of the way, its on par with Goseiger.

Golden Deal
It would be very funny and ironic if the japanese viewers would love Samurai (especially the changes that Saban made compared to Shinkenger) and it would be successfull.

I heard that Koji Yusa (Urataros from Den-O and many more famous anime roles) going to voice Jayden/Samurai Red.

i feel raped that the japanese would think this would be good to show to sentai's origins country like this. i'm not being a sentai purist or anything but samurai is still awful, maybe even worse than openration overdrive.....ok i take that back but at least operation overdive didn't **** on boukenger like what samurai did to shinkenger. like seriously, Mega Mode....that is more than enough reason to hate on the two seasons of the samurai...

Its funny you say that because sometimes japan loves that season power rangers more than the original sentai show it's based on.

It would be very funny and ironic if the japanese viewers would love Samurai (especially the changes that Saban made compared to Shinkenger) and it would be successfull.
Well it happened with Kamen rider dragon knight, SPD and most of the first run of Saban Power Rangers.

Mad Skillz

How is Saban a thief? They pay for the rights to use the footage as they wish. The best of seasons aren't direct adaptations of their Sentai counterparts and offer unique spins on the footage.

(and you really should stop referring to Saban as someone who's directly in touch with Power Rangers, he barely has any idea what's going with it, he just foots the bill)

Anywho, since no one's posted the full cast list:

Koji Yusa as Jayden / Red Samurai Ranger
Sachiko Kojima as Mia / Pink Samurai Ranger
Wataru Hatano as Mike / Green Samurai Ranger
Tsuguo Mogami as Kevin / Blue Samurai Ranger
Ayaka Shimoyamada as Emily / Yellow Samurai Ranger
Yoji Ueda as Mentor