Power Rangers Operation Overdrive - "Man of Mercury" II Talk Up!

Dax dies of mercury poisoning...

It follows immediately after Part I @ 8:30 pm EST. Check ur listings...

Lurker
The way Ty got his morpher was a bit rushed. His fight with the Fearcats was a bit too long. That time could have gone forward to Andrew asking him to be a ranger instead.

Why do I have a feeling that the Ty and Ronny relationship is just gonna be dropped?

God I hate Norg.

all right-y the semi awaited second part...

-Ty/Mercury: you know I really like this character. He has a somewhat dark and original past and story. I think there is room for improvement in some aspects of the character but really that's true for every character at some point.

Now compared to the Inuyasha rip-off that was in Boukenger... Yeah. Acting wise, that actor did perform better in respect to his yelling and mannerisms. However that character was a lot simpler and a LOT more cliche, hence easier compared to Ty.

If they can resist the urge to let Ty take over the show, I'll think he'll be a pretty good character.

Oh and he had a pretty sweet morph too. That was cool. His costume design AFTER he joins the Rangers looks MUCH better then the ULTRA-SHINY jacket Eijyasha sported.

-His fight with the Fearcats was kind of weak though. They cut one of the better Boukenger action scenes where Silver morphs, grabs both Questers and then proceeds to chokeslam the hell out of both them. I'm not sure why this was cut BUT I think it may have been because Gayja was present for this last part of the episode.

The slow-mo kick and SHOT the SOB in mid-air was nice though.

-The other rangers were just kind of there apart from Ronnie who really cared about Ty (I sense danger and really bad fanfiction ahead) and while that's somewhat not good it is understandable as this IS Ty's intro onto the scene.

-Although we didn't see them this episode, Ty's background does at least tie into the zords he gets something that Boukenger NEVER DID thank you very much for sucking there Toei.

-One other thing, I liked the use of all the extra crap from the Defender vest to the Hover Bike to the mini-zord thingy. That was well done in that it made sense and helped sell the toys (which is why they were created).

Other things....

-the Chillers given Gyros was a re-shot of something that happened in Boukenger I THINK with the resquite differneces and all that.
-A lot of Mercury's fight footage was NZ footage obviously aside from the ground blast sequence.
-The Fearcats UNLIKE their Quester counterparts did NOT betray Flurious onscreen as the others did Gayja as Flurious wasn't there in person. Judging by the comments they made "let's play along for now", I imagine they will betray him at some point onscreen, at least I hope they do for consistency sake.
-Flurious himself, I like the character and have defended him against many criticisms and I still think he's better then Gayja but I do have one complaint and that is his costume design just doesn't look that good. It's like Master Org quality in that it conveys what it's supposed to but it kind of looks funky. And yes I know the Master Org costume originally belonged to DaiRanger but still, it just looked kind of, well dated compared to the newer suits like Toxica and Loki's.

That's what I got for now.

It was an alright episode but it's also an example of what happens with a season that less than 40 episodes. It felt VERY rushed but they did get the story and action in. If it was at least 40 episodes this could have been a 3 parter they had enough story there to make it a 3 parter. anyway not bad all things given.

A 6 out of 10

Last edited:
has left HJU. Not coming back.
*Enter the thread*

Hi.

Dax, Mack and Norg. SHUT UP!!!!

Both episodes are LAME and boring.

Bye.

*Leaves the thread*

What? Ronny has a thing for Mercury? But...it can poison her!

And what about her first love, Will? Huh? First Will, now Ty! Who's next? Xander?