Pros and Cons of GoGo Sentai Boukenger and Power Rangers Operation Overdrive

so anyway, what happened to the comparison thread between boukenger and overdrive?

ps. Are you guys gonna plan to make a comparison thread between Gekiranger and jungle fury? (gekiranger is my favourite, because i imagined Nanoha Strikers characters are gekirangers like Erio Mondial is Gekired) :laugh:

Last edited:
It's Judgement Time!
oh Im sure you'll see comparisons in every PR episode review thread. At least one person always says (including me, Im guilty of it) "Well it wasnt as good as the Sentai version" or "Well the sentai version didnt do this" or "This was different from the.." and so on and so forth. As if it should matter when reviewing a PR episode. But we all get caught up in that habit.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
You know I thought the whole 'Will is evil' ploy was pretty neat, Will made for a more badass villain than good guy XD

They should have been bold and make him actually evil for real. Build it up since the begining, having betray te rangers for Miratrix, then have the Rangers spend an handful of episodes battling him before getting the tracker back. Then either get Will dismissed by Kamdor as useless or have him gain another source of power.

I think it would have worked andm ake for a more interesting season. Would have been unconventionnal.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
You know I thought the whole 'Will is evil' ploy was pretty neat, Will made for a more badass villain than good guy XD

They should have been bold and make him actually evil for real. Build it up since the begining, having betray the rangers for Miratrix, then have the Rangers spend an handful of episodes battling him before getting the tracker back. Then either get Will dismissed by Kamdor as useless or have him gain another source of power.

I think it would have worked and make for a more interesting season. Would have been unconventionnal.

Yeah, but that would also said a bad example and a horrible message to kids saying, "All young black men are evil!!!!" Now that is the reason why I dispised PROO, because it felt like a repeat of the only Con for MMPR Season 1, "Soccer Moms against Racial Discrimination in Television.":mad: :mad:

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Yeah, but that would also said a bad example and a horrible message to kids saying, "All young black men are evil!!!!" Now that is the reason why I dispised PROO, because it felt like a repeat of the only Con for MMPR Season 1, "Soccer Moms against Racial Discrimination in Television.":mad: :mad:

Well then that would just be a matter of casting decision, not storyline. You could just have another black guy become the new black Ranger, or simply have Will NOT being Black to begin with but the new guy be.

Heck make the new Black Ranger Will's younger brother (or even twin to save on actor XD ) to ramp up the tension :p

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well then that would just be a matter of casting decision, not storyline. You could just have another black guy become the new black Ranger, or simply have Will NOT being Black to begin with but the new guy be.

Heck make the new Black Ranger Will's younger brother (or even twin to save on actor XD ) to ramp up the tension :p
Or....they could have had Sam Benta play the Blue Ranger and have Garth Yuen be the Black Ranger as I was hoping that it would be to begin with, but the casting director would have to changed their characters' traits and personalities.