Power Rangers Mystic Force - "Heir Apparent" Part I Talk Up!

Sage Shinigami said:
Fixed it for you! :thumbs:

The fact that I DID give it a chance after Gatekeeper, and you know what? It's what I expected.

Have the storyline go at a donkey pace then by the time you pass the 6th's saga, bam you rush everything. Take Soul Specter and Dark Wish (except part III) for example. But overall it's decent.

The story's told nicely, but the problem is that there's no development of that story during the episode. It's all fights and whatnot, while the last two minutes of the episode (as proven by GN of RB) continue the main story of the season, rather than having it in the episodes itself.

I gave it a 6 because of the wire-fu fighting with Daggeron vs Imperios. It was nicely shot, but come on, when he gets hit badly, why add in a big flip explosion after being hit severely by the sentai footage itself. If they reshot him on the ground, then I understand. Also, Clare could've ressurected the gatekeeper powers based on the footage, but seeing how it's played like Stage 33, I think it'll work out next episode as Imperios dies.
 
And at least you gave it a chance Nickra. Honestly though, I hate it when people put on obligations on others. Almost force you to watch a show just for the sake of their argument.

If you dont like the season, you shouldnt feel obligated to watch it at all. My opinion is if you didnt like this episode, you probably wont even like the rest of the series. I mean why bother. lol. Maybe stick around to see how Heir Apparent concludes but meh. Is it even worth your time if you arent happy watching it?

I only watch PR cause Im happy watching it. If I was bored or found myself hating the stuff I was seeing, then I wouldnt be watching it. I almost got that way during Dino Thunder. Towards the middle of the season it felt as though the episodes were nothing but "action action action". No real episode plot outside the sentai action and I was bored with it. Almost downright hated the season. But it did have quite a few episodes that kept me interested.

But still, shouldnt force yourself to watch something you arent happy with. That's just masochism
 
nickraman said:
The story's told nicely, but the problem is that there's no development of that story during the episode.

Dude... Mystic Force have an development. Think about this. We got Nick. Chip & Vida (they were talking about their pasts for a while).

Now we need Madison and Xander's development.

This episode have a great development. We got to know about Leanbow, Udonna, Nick/Bowen, Daggeron and Calindor. How did it happened in the beginning to now.
 
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this eps. a six. This is pretty much an American adaption of Stage 33 from Magiranger. It's exactly the same except for a some original scenes added in for power rangers.

That doesn't mean it's bad though. IMO, this is still a good episode and definitely worth watching. "Dark Wish" is still better though. I am eager to see what happens in part 2 and can't wait for Nick's revealtion.

My only complaints are the weird way they mixed and matched Sentai and power rangers footage. It didn't flow right. The second complaint is the weak emotional acting in some scenes. They weren't as emotional or dramatic as they could have been.
 
dramonmaster222 said:
On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this eps. a six. This is pretty much an American adaption of Stage 33 from Magiranger. It's exactly the same except for a some original scenes added in for power rangers.

That doesn't mean it's bad though. IMO, this is still a good episode and definitely worth watching. "Dark Wish" is still better though..

"Dark Wish" did'nt advance ****. This did, so how was it "better"

Oh wait, "Legendz Modez coolz", that's all that story had, no character advancement, nothing. Even "Koragg's Trial" had more insight.
 
"Dark Wish" did'nt advance ****. This did, so how was it "better"

Oh wait, "Legendz Modez coolz", that's all that story had, no character advancement, nothing. Even "Koragg's Trial" had more insight.

Bitter much?:eyebrow:

But to answer your rudely asked question, the reason I liked Dark Wish so much is because it was COMPLETeLY original and restored my interest in MYstic Force. If it wasn't for Dark Wish, I would have completely lost interest in this show.
 
Last edited:
dramonmaster222 said:
Bitter much?:eyebrow:

But to answer your rudely asked question, the reason I liked Dark Wish so much is because it was COMPLETeLY original and restored my interest in MYstic Force. If it wasn't for Dark Wish, I would have completely lost interest in this show.


He is always bitter. Just ignore him.

Dark Wish, Part 1 was alright but they had so much slow-mo and wire-fu. Those are so such pathetic. Little bit rushed and heavily sentai footage.

Dark Wish, Part 2... dang. This one is so far best episode ever. Unmorphed in action was awesome. It was brilliant.

Dark Wish, Part 3... it was pretty good. Great action and other amongs.

Even though, this episode is better than Dark Wish, IMO.
 
Yes, this was good for the overall story of the show. I just like the totally original shows that don't try to adapt Sentai.

Also, Leanbow doesn't look that old. That makeup to make him look older just makes him look weird IMO.
 
Sage Shinigami said:
Sooo.....stop watching. :thumbs:
How about...you stop telling me what to do.

I'll say this, Heir Apparent was by far an IMPROVEMENT over the past 17 episodes. Though they could've cut down on the wire-fighting and flashbacks, it was a BIG IMPROVEMENT. Now that says a lot.

Honestly, I can't wait for part II :buttrock: , but seriously I hate the 1 week break.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top