Power Rangers Mystic Force - "Dark Wish" Talk up!

I actually enjoyed this. I think it had some great fight scenes, the acting I think was pretty good, and overall I'd say it was a lot of fun. I'm pleasantly surprised that I found this to be as good as I did. I'd go so far as to say it even revitalized a bit of faith in MF. Now hopefully they won't drop the ball.
 
Man Dark Wish was bad freaking ass. Great stuff. So much to mention so I'll keep is simple. It had great action. The Legendary Transformation music was wonderful. Nick's confrontation with Koragg was great. Now we know why Imperious took Koragg's magic! He was planning this all along. 50-Below and Fighto (or was it Fido) attacking Koragg was such a bad ass scene.

I loved that. Seeing Imperious' reaction was great.

I didn't like the conclusion to the Dark Wish. Rather, I didnt like how easily Jenji was freed. So technically, it wouldnt have mattered if the rangers fought back or not, Jenji would still end up being freed by Leelee right?

So Udonna or someone else like Koragg could wish it all back to normal. I dont see the point. I wish the rangers had actually had more of an impact in saving the world.

I do like how the Tribunal didnt judge any type of magic. It was all equal to them. Fire Heart flight was great. Undead fight was wonderful. Though wish there was more rain to it. But it was neat seeing that the weather in that dimension seemed random.

I really loved the teams reprisals to koragg. "So you dont care that darkness rules the world, just as long as it's done nicely?" - lol.

So Jackie, Bruce, and John wrote the episodes. Great job! I loved every moment.

Looks like Imperious is being slick with Koragg. Pretending to know nothing. Now you see? The Master DOESNT see and know all. Or else he would KNOW of Imperious' plot to overthrow the master.

I loved the music box scene. Nice, slow little music that signals the breaking point that causes the rangers to stand up against Necrolai.

I liked seeing the rangers use the tree portals again. I cant wait to see how this all develops in Koragg's Trial.
 
I liked the puns of the dog looking monster being named Fightoe and the ice monster named 50 Below fighting with a goalie stick.

And Koragg's spell that let the rangers ride Fire Heart pretty much proved the BattleNorbert nickname appropriate.
 
This was much better than I thought it was going to be. Some of the fight scenes...UGH!!

I also didn't like the way they basically just crammed like three eps. worth of footage in short a time. THe end result just felt rather rushed.
 
Man... I can't tell. Is it me or is the show not as good? :disappoin

I can't tell.

I thought it was alright. Saw some great fight scenes and Nick seems to have some mad skillz with no need of a stuntman. I saw a couple moves there where he pulled off the backflip himself!

Thought the first to Barbarian Beasts were taken out a bit too easily, but it was a pretty good plan they had. Wear 'em down, the steal the genie.

I dunno.... PR's been missing something. I hate to sound fanboy about it, but a severe disconnection from the rest of the PR Universe is seriously lacking these days.

Ah well...
 
I didnt get the feeling of rushed. Not all monsters need an entire episode dedicated to them. That gets old after a while. Didnt have a problem with some monsters going down quick. They got in some bad ass action before blowing up.

And I still love all the slow mo stuff. And we find out that there was a reason for the Samurai and Shrieker monsters fighting alone and going down quick were. They did it willingly to wear out the rangers quickly. So that they would make a mistake.

I just like how a lot came together. The Legend Warrior power was amazing stuff. Though wish they had used the secondary (and better) action footage of Kobold. Where all 5 battle him and use their powers in more interesting ways. (probably just cut for time but dammit, they should have made time for it.)

And yeah, got to stress the fantastic scene where Fightoe and 50 Below attack Koragg. Just such a kewl scene.
 
J-Caizer said:
Thought the first to Barbarian Beasts were taken out a bit too easily

That's just too bad though. I mean they had a good amount of time to kick the rangers ass. They werent beaten easily. They just didnt have a plan outside of fighting the rangers. They didnt need an entire episodes by themselves to face the rangers. They went, they fought the rangers, and they did their job by exhausting them

Both the first Barbarians had enough time. They both had bad ass zord battles and bad ass ground battles. That's enough for me, I don't need it dragged out more. It just gets boring if it goes on too long. This is fresh, interesting, and unique.

And Im amazed you didnt like it as much Keith. Dark Wish was bad freaking ass.
 
Poweranimals said:
It didn't seem to bother you with S.P.D.

Hmmm... not at first, but near the end it did. I thought we'd see more tie-ins after seeing the beginning and the Time Force costume, but that never came through.

And as for Dark Wish... I didn't not like it. I'm also thinking that seriously.... magic isn't my thing. From books to playing D&D, wizardary has never really tickled my fancy.

Sci-Fi does tho... that might have something to do with why I liked SPD, even tho it wasn't without its problems.

I'm just not a fan of magic much.... Phineas and Toby kinda get to me too. I like it when the main characters themselves are actually funny, versus having to add on characters that're just meant to be a walking joke.
 
Dark Wish was alright, it wasn't the best but certainly wasn't the worst. I did like the desert fight scene, plus the rain made it look really badass. Other than that it was just kinda meh...:disappoin
I guess a 5.

Oh yeah, that legend megazord was really sweet looking. I like the white and the red on it, it's a pretty badass design.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top