Power Rangers MegaForce, Ep 02 - "He blasted me with Science"

I agree.The Land duo are definitely the best actors of the bunch.Gia's actress actually seems enthusiastic about being in the show.Whoever Jake's actor is also does a great job, with the subtle little actions you can see from time to time.

Yeah, Azim's the second best. Ciara seems really into her role, especially when you see her Twitter and stuff. I wonder if it's the duo that makes Azim good, or if he actually is good. Guess we might find out next week, if he and Noah get a focus episode (I can't think of Noah's actor's name).
 
it's John Mark Loudermilk. too much to type, so I'm gonna go with John Mark.

Yeah, the Land duo is more exposed to screen than the whole cast. even Emma doesn't have a lot to do before the fighting, Troy just needs to sleep and run. Noah got a lot of line this time

Dammit, Saban. A neat Zangyack hint.:castlerock:
 
As stated the Land Duo is the best acting-wise...which in turn means more enjoyable to watch. Saban should catch on to that, instead of going for full on Models for actors.

I'll give it a few more episodes before fully judging on the production formula, but so far it seems like they're just going with the motions. Just relying on a few old techniques and then copying the Sentai. Something is just off.
 
As stated the Land Duo is the best acting-wise...which in turn means more enjoyable to watch. Saban should catch on to that, instead of going for full on Models for actors.

I'll give it a few more episodes before fully judging on the production formula, but so far it seems like they're just going with the motions. Just relying on a few old techniques and then copying the Sentai. Something is just off.

I sense the landing of our "Land Duo" and the improved Blue & Yellow seems more thanks to the involvement of Nickelodeon Executives in the casting process more than anything.

If Nick had let Saban take full reigns of the casting for MegaForce, those guys would've been casted differently..............maybe more like Megaforce Red or the Samurai guys.

No offense to Andrew Grey, but RIGHT NOW he seems to be the only guy in the MegaForce cast that can appear to blend right in perfectly with the stiff/terrible-acting Samurai cast.
 
So far, nothing really new with the adaptations. I'm still hoping to see something drastically different from the Sentai versions. But I guess Saban still has to play it safe for the time being. This show does kinda have a similar vibe to MMPR though and that might be because of the high school setting.
 
I rewatched most of episode 2 yesterday. It was still enjoyable. Acting-wise, like others have said, it seems to be better than Samurai. More natural. Aside from the red ranger. It seems like he's purposefully being kept quiet so as to reveal more about him later. If that's true then I don't like that idea. Your red ranger needs to be stand out as the leader. As much as Samurai gets panned for it's acting, I can admit that I actually liked Jayden a lot.

Zord fight was good. It's too bad there weren't more like that in Goseiger to draw from since I figure Saban won't do custom zord fights. The Headers being called Mechazords did through me at first. Probably because the term "mecha" is something I'm not used to hearing in English. I think back to Dangaioh's dub when I hear it :laugh:

Still like the Dynamic Victory Charge! And "mega win" at the end. Back during Samurai I liked the "Victory is ours" line as well. Kind of disappointed there wasn't a throwback line with Noah mentioning that the reason they automatically knew how to pilot the mecha was because their morphed forms ingrains the knowledge into them instinctively.

Only thing I didn't really like are two things:

1. They act as if alien sightings and giant monsters and robots are a new thing. This would be fine if Megaforce was its own thing, but it clearly a continuation of past ranger seasons, so the logic brick keeps hitting me in the head. But, real fire flaming sword distracts me enough to not harp on it for now.

2. The morphers are way too big and conspicuous for regular communication. I know it was mentioned by Gia in the locker trying to hide it, but that would be cumbersome to repeat throughout a series. I am hoping that they get communicators. I always liked those bracelets the MMPR crew wore and it made sense. Surprised they never made toys of those to sell. Funny how we can gripe about yet another cellphone morpher, and now a cellphone morpher would make the most logic sense in this day and age.
 
I rewatched most of episode 2 yesterday. It was still enjoyable. Acting-wise, like others have said, it seems to be better than Samurai. More natural. Aside from the red ranger. It seems like he's purposefully being kept quiet so as to reveal more about him later. If that's true then I don't like that idea. Your red ranger needs to be stand out as the leader. As much as Samurai gets panned for it's acting, I can admit that I actually liked Jayden a lot.

Zord fight was good. It's too bad there weren't more like that in Goseiger to draw from since I figure Saban won't do custom zord fights. The Headers being called Mechazords did through me at first. Probably because the term "mecha" is something I'm not used to hearing in English. I think back to Dangaioh's dub when I hear it :laugh:

Still like the Dynamic Victory Charge! And "mega win" at the end. Back during Samurai I liked the "Victory is ours" line as well. Kind of disappointed there wasn't a throwback line with Noah mentioning that the reason they automatically knew how to pilot the mecha was because their morphed forms ingrains the knowledge into them instinctively.

Only thing I didn't really like are two things:

1. They act as if alien sightings and giant monsters and robots are a new thing. This would be fine if Megaforce was its own thing, but it clearly a continuation of past ranger seasons, so the logic brick keeps hitting me in the head. But, real fire flaming sword distracts me enough to not harp on it for now.

2. The morphers are way too big and conspicuous for regular communication. I know it was mentioned by Gia in the locker trying to hide it, but that would be cumbersome to repeat throughout a series. I am hoping that they get communicators. I always liked those bracelets the MMPR crew wore and it made sense. Surprised they never made toys of those to sell. Funny how we can gripe about yet another cellphone morpher, and now a cellphone morpher would make the most logic sense in this day and age.

I want an iPhone and Droid style morpher, where an app is placed in the device to morph, and slides into the buckle. Older style ones feel outdated. Ipod Touch morphers for the win!!!

Though on 1. , think of coverups and whatever. This is exactly why Hexagon should have been done this season as well in some form. To unite all twenty years into one.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top