Power Rangers MegaForce, Ep 02 - "He blasted me with Science"

Notable awesome bits of this episode would be the new bgm during Jake and Gia's morph. It wasn't much, but was new and awesome in it's own way. I'll take that over Samurai's terrible remix for sure. I really hope they change the theme down the line.

Jake and Gia's dialogue is cool to watch...that's about it.

They have more new bgm, which is good. The more they stay away from Samurai's bgm the better.
 
This was a pretty fun episode, I still think the actor for Troy is way too wooden and is bringing the whole vibe down. Lets hope we get more from Emma, and Troy because they still feel one dimensional.
 
I hate narrative OP. The only season that it work for was NS. Also still don't like them shouting their names during OP. Kids are not stupid.

I dont know, even with the name shouting I still cant remember their damn names. lol

Episode was kewl. Yellow reminds me of 'Thirteen' from House MD. She's got that same attitude. Enjoyed the "sick" like and the bromance. I wouldn't have realized the connections without reading the thread, but I did like the connection of the cryptozoology to the upcoming blob/bigfoot villains. And of course, Vrax was mentioning that he was royalty and had technology far surpassing theirs. So that was definitely interesting to see.

The season is really promising so far. Its not like "omg bad ass" like some seasons that we've had previously. But its a start.
 
So far this series has been a hit or miss for me, It comes off as being enjoyable while at the same time it doesn't, I like the rangers a lot more than Samurai, but the villains seem to come off as being a bit I don't know to describe it, stupid.

Also Nobuo Tobita > whoever is voicing Vrak.


But then again I'm Japan through and through so..... :nipponlove:
 
I wish I could take something to help me forget ever watching this episode. It was that bad and not even in an ironic sort of way

While they were piloting the zords, I was just WAITING for someone to say "Boy, this sure isn't like one of my video games". I get that this is supposed to be the anniversary season, but Saban really needs to dial back on the nostalgia because it's hurting the writing in the same way it hurt Samurai
 
Gosei and the Robot return!

Gosei and the Robot: Episode 3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAVMc4KiJhA"]Gosei and the Robot - Episode 3 - YouTube[/ame]
 
I wish I could take something to help me forget ever watching this episode. It was that bad and not even in an ironic sort of way

You're in a minority. A great deal of people liked this episode.

At the end of the day, it's just a fun uncomplicated kids show. You probably would have enjoyed this episode if you were five-ten years old, not at the overbearingly cynical age you are now.

Gosei and the Robot return!

Gosei and the Robot: Episode 3
Gosei and the Robot - Episode 3 - YouTube

Classic.
 
Last edited:
Ok, I just saw it. I have to say, I'm really starting to get into it. I'm glad Power Rangers is watchable again!

First off, it's great that the writers realized that they needed character building after largely skipping over it in favor of nostalgia in episode 1. Great stuff with Jake, Gia & Noah, & a bit more minor moments with Troy. Even though they couldn't fit anything in for Emma- and kinda glad for that, it would've REALLY overcrowded the episode, they were able to throw nice bits of dialogue her way that helped out a bit.

Also- Megazord battle. Single most interesting zord battle I've seen since Wild Force. Kudos!

Plus, I'm glad that the villains actually seem to be trying to formulate invasion strategies, as well as the fact that they haven't gone for a full blown invasion out of nervousness regarding what they might be getting into. Ufo actually had a sound reason for going down alone & put up a pretty damn impressive fight, throwing the Rangers for a loop over & over again, especially in the previously mentioned zord battle.

I think I'm going to like this one!:thumbs:
 
You're in a minority. A great deal of people liked this episode.

At the end of the day, it's just a fun uncomplicated kids show. You probably would have enjoyed this episode if you were five-ten years old, not at the overbearingly cynical age you are now.

If I was "overbearingly cynical" I wouldn't spend a good deal of my time watching shows designed for japanese children and I certainly wouldn't be posting on this forum
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top