Openly Gay Teen Voted Prom Queen

Eh, I guess. I just think it's bogus to go so far in the opposite direction that you start eschewing concrete gender positions in order to promote "fairness." What's next, male Miss America? C'mon, that's ridiculous. It's like trying to prove you're not racist against black people by handing them your valuables every time one passes you on the street. It's too much of a 180.
 
First of all, isn't it usually couples? So then wouldn't his date be the prom king?

Second, does it really matter? Titles shouldn't matter. King/Queen? Who cares. He won the title of "Prom royalty person."

Third, it's freaking highschool prom. lol. All the power to him. I think that took guts myself.
 
Second, does it really matter? Titles shouldn't matter.

I understand the point you were trying to make, but you might want to think that statement through again. A world without titles would be chaos. There would be no way to classify or categorize anything. The reason it matters is because "queen" refers to a woman. Gay men shouldn't be treated as women just because they're attracted to other men. Queen is a female role and it doesn't make sense to put a male in that position whether they're homosexual or not. What if everybody called you "sir"? It's innaccurate and it wouldn't make sense. Most titles are there for a reason.
 
Actually, that's not him.

This is the real guy, he's a prom queen alright.

lil-wayne.jpg
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top