Ong Bak 2 Destroys Local Box Office

Bolt

boogie woogie feng shui
From Twitch:

Tony Jaa Busts Heads And Box Office. ONG BAK 2 Crushes The Thai Box Office.

"And the very, very strange saga of Tony Jaa and Ong Bak 2 comes finally to a successful conclusion. The much troubled production - plagued by cost over runs and a lengthy shut down brought on when star-director Jaa simply disappeared for two solid months - released in Thailand this past weekend and absolutely destroyed the competition, taking in over two million US dollars on opening weekend, a figure that dwarfs most Thai films total box office take. Now, the last figures I saw said the film had cost over six million to make so Sahamongkol has a long way to go before covering their costs but with the film finally done and performing well the international money should start rolling in, which will make all involved very happy indeed."

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/tony-jaa-busts-heads-and-box-office-ong-bak-2-crushes-the-thai-box-office/

This should put all doubts to rest. I've heard a couple word-of-mouth reviews so far and things are looking good; apparently the action is plentiful and stellar. I was really hoping Jaa would step up his game and this looks to be the film he accomplishes that with. Can't wait to get my copy!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really glad to hear it did well after so many problems, though this is the first I've heard of him randomly disappearing for two months straight, definitely sounds odd. Even a limited release in the U.S. would easily bring this thing back all the money it cost to make.
 
My fav movie scene of all time was when he did the first kick in the first movie.

I want this sequel to be badass.

Tony Jaa will **** **** up.
 
Right. It's actually a period piece about a young man learning multiple styles of martial arts from different masters from around the world and uniting them... with violent results. There is an extended teaser trailer for those who haven't seen anything yet.
 
I had no idea it came out. Ive been waiting for this movie since I heard it was in production. I hope this movie becomes as epic as people say it will be. Tom Yum Goong/The Protector was a step down for Jaa, IMO, so this should most definitely redeem him. I cant wait to get my hands on a copy either.
 
wow, damn thats actually alot of money in thailand.
i should have my grandma send me a Dvd of this.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top