Older people growing up in the 50s and 60s possibly have a hard time getting into gaming. Do you think it's possible? However, though, I never grew up with the net - like a lot of the new generation, yet I am hip to most current web development technology.

Last edited:
I think some things to consider when you think of older people growing up in the 50s and 60s, and playing video games these days-is that a lot of these older people grew up in such a different world back then. A lot of these older people have kids or grandkids now, so that would be a reason they are exposed to these games-and connect or bond to the younger generation while playing these games with them. I would think it may be very rewarding to both the kids and oldsters alike !

Last edited:
Not true. Many today who are in 50s and 60s have seen the arcade trend. And they are kind of bored with the gaming. They can't waste time like the current generation does with gaming. Plus reflexes slow down after 60s. So they may not play the games quicker.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
They may play but not as the youths of this generation are addicted with playing video and online games. They say when you are getting older, old age tend to take away lots of things from, especially with things that are of huge interest to you before. Those old adults who still try to play a little are simply just trying to relive their old memories.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I think some things to consider when you think of older people growing up in the 50s and 60s, and playing video games these days-is that a lot of these older people grew up in such a different world back then. A lot of these older people have kids or grandkids now, so that would be a reason they are exposed to these games-and connect or bond to the younger generation while playing these games with them. I would think it may be very rewarding to both the kids and oldsters alike !

I have reasons to believe that these old people getting involved with gaming with their grandkids are probably disposed to gaming well before being brought back to it by their new young generation. There are certain things that you cannot teach someone in old age and gaming is part of it. If they were never gamers before getting old, they can't learn it well old age or let alone compete playing with the kids.

I have seen video clips where old men still play but I'm not sure about is if such clip is for advertisement purposes or is it just a normal video clip of someone trying to say something about old individual still gaming. I would say that there is a good chance of getting someone at 50 years of age still playing but going up from 60 years would be hard to get such. This is because the ones that are past 60 years wouldn't see fun in still engaging in playing games.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I think that the oldest person I have witnessed playing video games is about 57 years old. The man happened to be a software developer back in the days of my school year. He was actually my lecturer in one computer courses. We had one physical project to be carried out in his home and on getting there we meet him in his seating room gaming. I was completely shocked that very day seeing him doing so.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Not true. Many today who are in 50s and 60s have seen the arcade trend. And they are kind of bored with the gaming. They can't waste time like the current generation does with gaming. Plus reflexes slow down after 60s. So they may not play the games quicker.

I think it's true what you just mentioned because as age is no longer on their side, they tend to lose interest in some certain things which they use to like doing and gaming is one of those things. To continuously tap pad to beat an opponent is going to be tiring for them.

I am not sure I would hire you guys to sell video games to the elderly population(haha)! I think you could select some video games that would be easier to play-but these games would keep their minds busy as they age, also they would help improve their minds as well. A few games that they recommend for the old folks with the PS4 platform are Flower and Flow- and I think Flower would be very relaxing, and this game includes listening to music while you play - and would be great for senior citizens.

I think that the oldest person I have witnessed playing video games is about 57 years old. The man happened to be a software developer back in the days of my school year. He was actually my lecturer in one computer courses. We had one physical project to be carried out in his home and on getting there we meet him in his seating room gaming. I was completely shocked that very day seeing him doing so.

57 years? That's a very good stretch by your lecturer. I haven't really seen anyone that old who still plays. I have friends who are within their mid 30's and they are still very actively playing games non stop. Maybe from their 40 to 50 years they may drop their playing interest because as of now they are all still deep and thick as thieves with gaming.