Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger - Thoughts & Opinions

Unfortunately, that was the only reason why I avoided watching it. I can't stand those horrible HK subs that occured within this, Gaoranger, & Abaranger. *Shivers*

Hopefully, someone else will translate the rest of the episodes properly.

Really? I've been watching the HK subs and I honestly don't think they're too bad. Other than translating the team name as Kakuranger in the opening promo (which they stop doing in the series), they seem to get all the names (to my recollection) right and the actual translation isn't too much worse than what you get from your average prestige subber group.

It's possible that the subs get worse as they go on (this happens sometimes with HK subs), and obviously it would be nice if a good group came along and did a really good, thoughtful job of it. But from what I've seen the HKs are nothing that should keep you from giving the show a shot if you're interested.
 
I liked Hurricanger. I loved how past sentai heroes made guest appearances as disguises for Shurikenger. "I am ninja of all ninja!":laugh:

I think my favorite episode is the one where Isshu gets shot by a love arrow and falls in love with Nanami. He's usually a serious guy and seeing him in that episode was funny.:laugh:
 
I still have my HK Bootleg collection of the series. I think I should consider re-visiting it sometime. I feel quite nostalgic about the series. It was the first Super Sentai series I watched in full. Good times!!

I used to have have a crush on Nao Nagasawa.

I can even remember watchiong the series while waiting for Power Rangers Ninja Storm to air on Fox Kids UK. Ninja Storm at the time to me was a disappointment while Hurricanger was just joy.
 
Hurricaneger was a fun season.

Even though I liked Liveman and Kakuranger more, I still loved how Hurricaneger was able to blend the two shows together so well.

I loved how the show was all about learning how to grow up. The Hurricanegers, Gouraigers, and Shurikenger are all in very different positions and need to learn to grow up in different ways.

I think the three Hurricanegers were a very likable cast. They aren't the most complex characters ever, but I think they deliver well enough to be likable. :)

The Gouraigers are really cool. I really loved their story and their rivalries with the Hurricanegers.

Shurikenger was another fun character. Loved how he'd disguise as past Sentai actors and saying his catch phrase, "I'm ninja of ninja!" LOL. His broken engrish was lots of fun. And his storyline with Gozen was very cool.

One of their allies, Oboro, was another awesome character. We rarely ever get to have female characters her age that can still kick butt. Her grumpy/cheerful attitude was always fun to watch.

The villains were also a fun mix. We can get badass villains like Sandaru and Manmaruba. And funny characters like Wendinu and Satorakura. What's also interesting is that Furabijo is a character who grew up the wrong way, making her a contrast to the Hurricanegers.

The action is also fun to watch. Seeing ninjitsu in toku is great. The special effects aren't as good as Jiraiya, but still lots of fun to watch.

The overall story is simple. It's very character driven. And like I said earlier, all about growing up. Other than that, there's the plot to activate "that" which I thought was a very cool concept that worked great with the Japanese motifs. A lot of the episode plots are quite simple, so at times the show might not be too too exciting, but it's enough to at least keep the show enjoyable.

Overall, yeah, I love Hurricaneger. :)
 
I know.

-Mega Red
-Go Red
-Mega Blue
-Five Red
-Blue Racer
-Red Racer
-Time Yellow
-Shishi Ranger
-Oh Red
-Battle Kenya/Denji Blue

That's why we love Shurikenger. He truly is "The Ninja of Ninjas!"
 
I'm not sure I follow you. They knew Jakanja wanted something and planned to foil them?

Actually, they wanted to foil them and the Hurricanegers to be the #1 Ninja arts of Earth. That's what happens when the Ikazuchi Ninja Academy has been living in the shadows for too long.
 
So you're saying they had no idea who the Jakanja actually were and/or didn't care because they just wanted to be the best? And this is what makes them so "badass"?
 
Listen, I am only going through what were the motives of the characters, not the whole ideal point of what they wanted or why. If you can't understand what was going on with Hurricaneger, then don't watch until you feel that you are actually ready to understand what going on inside the character's minds.

I am not to be all "Bashy" and all, but let's just put it on hold and move onto other things. 'Kay?!
 
hurricanger was my 1st sentai series i watched and was just wow at it almost half the time.i just loved how Shurikenger came into the series and just did funny stuff like have the different identies and then the falling in love episode was just funny to see.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top