Night of the Living Dead remake?

Forever Knight

Eye See You
Last night I came across NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD on tv and it said it was made in 1990.

Now, I was told Night was part 1 of the 4 movie George A. Romero saga. Which means Night should have came out by 1970-ish. So I can only think this was a remake.

Anyone got any info on this for me?. I'm a tad confused. From what I saw the movie was lookin' awesome too.
 
Actually, the original "Night of the Living Dead" was made way back in 1968, and was in black and white.
 
I picked up the movie aswell as Day of the Dead. I'll be checking the Night remake tonight.

Anyone like these two movies? how are they compared to Dawn & Land?.
 
Yeah, the 1990 version was a remake directed by goremaster Tom Savini and it was pretty good. It didn't bore me like the original did, but it had several extremely annoying characters and a couple parts that lapsed into semi-hilarity. Overall, pretty good. The zombies looked awesome.

Forever Knight said:
I picked up the movie aswell as Day of the Dead. I'll be checking the Night remake tonight. Anyone like these two movies? how are they compared to Dawn & Land?

I thought Day of the Dead was horrible. It was boring, tedious, and got extremely stupid when they tried to introduce the "zombie science." You'll see what I'm talking about. Both 'Dawn's are better, and I haven't seen Land of the Dead, but I could probably safely assume that it was better too.
 
I really enjoyed the movie. An excellent opening for the Zombie saga.

The only gripe I had was that Cooper guy. He really pissed me off from the minute he showed up.

I hear people were complaining about the Barbara character being too Ripley esque. But I need to disagree I don't know how the original Barbara was but the one in the remake was already pissing me off with the screaming every 2 minutes. Atleast at the end she finally accepted what was going on and joined in on the killing spree.
 
Forever Knight said:
An excellent opening for the Zombie saga.

I'm not sure it really counts as anything but a standalone film in this case.

Forever Knight said:
I hear people were complaining about the Barbara character being too Ripley esque. But I need to disagree I don't know how the original Barbara was but the one in the remake was already pissing me off with the screaming every 2 minutes. Atleast at the end she finally accepted what was going on and joined in on the killing spree.

The Barbara character in the original was an emotional wreck, sobbing and in a state of either panic or disbelieving shock throughout most of the film. It was a lot more realistic and added some serious atmosphere to Romero's version. The new Barbara WAS to Ripley-esque. Not to mention ugly and annoying.
 
I probally would have gone nuts if I had to see an even worse emotional wreck Barbara.

I'll be checking Day of the Dead out soon. I just hope it isn't as stupid as I've heard it to be. :confused2
 
Forever Knight said:
I probally would have gone nuts if I had to see an even worse emotional wreck Barbara.

Haha, luckily she doesn't talk too much in the first movie.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top