My trip to Hong Kong hauls list (Constantly updated)

We need pictures!!!!!

I agree... I need some form of gratification to keep me satisfied until I am there in HK myself in a few weeks. :P

Though I do believe there's some shops that forbid taking pics. I remember the shops I went to had lots of "no photo/video" signs posted everywhere. :disappoin I only managed to take very minimal pics myself, other than my hauls.

But if there's no pics, I guess we can only use our imaginations.
So... picture in your mind a building... now imagine, about 5+ levels of shops... ALL OF THEM TOY SHOPS!

EDIT: Here's a link with some pics...
http://swftoys.wordpress.com/toy-hunting-in-hong-kong/

But you have to be there yourself to be truly WOWed everything. ;)
 
Last edited:
The shops are pretty much always crowded. If you do manage to take a picture (which isn't hard since we all have camera phones nowadays), you will just get a lot of random heads and people blocking your shots.

That site The_Emperor just posted just pretty much summed up all the places I always go to when I am not busy doing something else in Hong Kong.

There's also one at YMT, I forgot what its called but the entire mall (2 levels) is just Toku toys. And some in Causeway Bay not the one on that site has a lot of toy malls. Nothing beats MK though, so stay there and you will find everything.
 
The shops are pretty much always crowded. If you do manage to take a picture (which isn't hard since we all have camera phones nowadays), you will just get a lot of random heads and people blocking your shots.

Not to mention, some of the shops are so small that there's not much room to even take a pic of the shop in its entirety.

There's also one at YMT, I forgot what its called but the entire mall (2 levels) is just Toku toys. And some in Causeway Bay not the one on that site has a lot of toy malls. Nothing beats MK though, so stay there and you will find everything.

In's Point @ Yau Ma Tei, right?

This was one of the few pics I took...

3284397921_913cc6118e_o.avif

One of the Sentai/Kamen Rider shops in there...

3285227824_b25d4aac0a_o.avif

I kind of prefer this place than MongKok since there's somewhat less people here (at least during the times I went) and there's that particular shop owner I got friendly with who cut me some good deals. Can't beat Souchaku Henshin figures for, IIRC, $5USD each! :buttrock:

But yeah, MongKok is the ultimate place... Hong Kong's own Akihabara.
 
Last edited:
I kind of prefer this place than MongKok since there's somewhat less people here and there's that particular shop owner I got friendly with who cut me some good deals. Can't beat Souchaku Henshin figures for, IIRC, $5USD each! :buttrock:

But yeah, MongKok is the ultimate place... Hong Kong's own Akihabara.
!?!?!?!?!
Jeeze I wish I could travel now.
 
Not to mention, some of the shops are so small that there's not much room to even take a pic of the shop in its entirety.



In's Point @ Yau Mau Tei, right?

This was one of the few pics I took...

3284397921_913cc6118e_o.avif

One of the Sentai/Kamen Rider shops in there...

3285227824_b25d4aac0a_o.avif

I kind of prefer this place than MongKok since there's somewhat less people here (at least during the times I went) and there's that particular shop owner I got friendly with who cut me some good deals. Can't beat Souchaku Henshin figures for, IIRC, $5USD each! :buttrock:

But yeah, MongKok is the ultimate place... Hong Kong's own Akihabara.

Wow, now I'm really tempted to go there.
 
Yes, In's Point. Thanks for pointing it out, I'd probably go crazy and dig up some old photos to find out the name...

I like In's Point too for the same reason. But it's also often close and the stores open really late and sometimes they never open at all. They do have some good stuff but there's been fewer and fewer shops these few years. And that's a shame. I remember back in 2004 Sino Centre in MK was filled with shops, on every level, a lot of which are gone now.
 
Just one question. Where did you find SIC Blade (Vol 35 right? Is it the Classic version?).

I missed my chance getting that set more than 3 times when it was first shipped to Canada. I went to Hong Kong in 2006 and didn't find one (except for one Used one), and I went to Hong Kong and Japan in 2008 and didn't find one as well. I only managed to get one online afterwards.

It took me almost 2 years of searching to find that damn Blade SIC. :redface2:
It was in Wan Chai, in the hidden shops where you have to go upstairs ect to find them.

I found Blade and Hibiki in the same shop in the hidden corners of the shop.


At least thats where I thought I found them.
 
It was in Wan Chai, in the hidden shops where you have to go upstairs ect to find them.

I found Blade and Hibiki in the same shop in the hidden corners of the shop.


At least thats where I thought I found them.

I am pretty much went through all the alleys of Hong Kong and the depth of Hades to find it!! :laugh:

Hibiki is pretty rare as well especially since it hasn't been re-released.

Good job in finding it!:thumbs:
 
I am pretty much went through all the alleys of Hong Kong and the depth of Hades to find it!! :laugh:

Hibiki is pretty rare as well especially since it hasn't been re-released.

Good job in finding it!:thumbs:
I also found a special version of Hibiki which was around 900 HKD as well.








I'm thinking of ending my haul with a medicom now or the Final Form ride figures and then enjoy Hong Kong with out buying more toys :laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top