Most Underrated Sentai Series

trying to argue Gatchaman deserves to be considered a Sentai series makes even less sense than arguments for stuff like Ninja Captor or Supaidaman.

If we go that route, we could argue that when Ishinomori came up with the concept for Sentai, he was more inspired by his own works (i.e. Cyborg 009 and Kamen Rider) than by previous existing works (Gatchaman). I think the only valid comparison we could make here is that as Sentai evolved, it did started to resemble Gatchaman, but i think that was more a thing of the times.

I personally think Dekaranger and Gekiranger are underrated due to skreetchy reds. Ban and Jan are actually stand-up guys, there for you when **** goed down with a "never-give-up" attitude.

Dekaranger is quite popular so i really doubt that is the case, but when it comes to Gekiranger i never understood why people dislike Jan so much. Personally i found his antics funny and his character arc was quite something, it really helped to make of Gekiranger the epic show that it is.
 
You're welcome! It bugged me so much how people complained about the story telling and how it was too different from the conventional Sentai they were always used to. Some didn't even give it a chance and just claimed it didn't appeal them :nono:

I'm sure I've said this in another thread.. but that was absolutely not the case. Everyone (this forum especially) was super hyped for Go-busters before it started and there was a lot of excitement and a feeling of refreshment, even after the first few episodes.

It was only when it became apparent that it lacked any depth and that the changes didn't amount to them doing anything at all interesting with the show that people lost interest and started bitching about it. The hate it gets seems pretty valid, it's not simply a case of people not giving it a chance or misunderstanding it or anything like that.
 
I would say calling Go-Busters "underrated" is a bit of an exaggeration. It has a core group of fans that absolutely love the show and praise it as the best thing Sentai's done in years. Even people who weren't that keen on it praise it for its visuals, for trying to be "different"/take the franchise in a new direction, or will concede that it had a great start before the executive meddling. But because a lot of its detractors are very vocal (as they were for Gokaiger and Goseiger before it) it's easy to feel sometimes that absolutely no one liked the show.

I remember someone, I think either Lynxara or Aoi Kurenai, saying here that most critics of Go-Busters had actually watched the show and could point out specific things they disliked, whereas most critics of Goseiger/Go-onger had stopped watching after a few episodes and picked on them in general terms such as "too childish"
 
I dunno about that. You've got someone saying Go-Busters lacked any depth right above you, and if that's not an exaggeration on at least some level, then I don't know what is.

It's also unfair to say Goseiger detractors didn't fully watch that one either. It may have had a strong finish, but that doesn't make up for the other 90% of it being mediocre and a waste of a great concept.
 
I dunno about that. You've got someone saying Go-Busters lacked any depth right above you, and if that's not an exaggeration on at least some level, then I don't know what is.

And? That's one person. A page or so back we had three or four posters enthusiastically agreeing that no one appreciates how "awesome" Go-Busters is. For me, it's hard for any recent series to be underrated since people will still be talking about it (good or bad) while older shows are more easily overlooked/forgotten, especially if they haven't been subbed.

It's also unfair to say Goseiger detractors didn't fully watch that one either. It may have had a strong finish, but that doesn't make up for the other 90% of it being mediocre and a waste of a great concept.

It's a generalisation, but so many people complained about it being boring that I find it unlikely they would all have sat through it in full. Even people who like Goseiger will say they skipped the Yuumajuu arc or other episodes because they found the show too slow going at that point. Similarly, some of Go-Busters's detractors will have dropped that show early on but I'm saying that by and large I agree with the post I referenced
 
And? That's one person. A page or so back we had three or four posters enthusiastically agreeing that no one appreciates how "awesome" Go-Busters is. For me, it's hard for any recent series to be underrated since people will still be talking about it (good or bad) while older shows are more easily overlooked/forgotten, especially if they haven't been subbed.
Fair enough - and I definitely agree about the older shows, though at least some of them are getting attention now. Unless something drastic happens and it becomes terrible, my favorite Sentai is likely going to remain Kakuranger for a while to come, though I'd've never guessed it would be before it started getting subs.

It's a generalisation, but so many people complained about it being boring that I find it unlikely they would all have sat through it in full. Even people who like Goseiger will say they skipped the Yuumajuu arc or other episodes because they found the show too slow going at that point. Similarly, some of Go-Busters's detractors will have dropped that show early on but I'm saying that by and large I agree with the post I referenced
Huh! I guess that shows I'm still new here - the idea of skipping episodes, no matter how much you don't like it, is just alien to me. I plowed through that whole show and I didn't like 90% of it...
 
Kakuranger, at least for it's silly music. Of course, only if you can believe some of the stupid continuity errors it has. Very fun how, worth a watch.
 
Well, from what I've seen (GoGoV, Timeranger, Gekiranger, Megaranger, Dekaranger, Jetman, Dairanger, Zyuranger, Akibaranger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters) the ones people talk about the least seem to be GoGoV and Geki. I guess Geki is known as a good series, just I feel many people overlook it. GoGoV probably doesn't get much attention because it's not fully subbed yet. Still, I absolutely love those shows (especially GoGoV cause I grew up with it) so it's a little bit sad to see
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top