Mill Creek has licensed the ENTIRE Ultraman library !!!!!!

S

scikaiju

Interesting that they're jumping from Ultraseven straight to Geed and Orb, I can get that they might want to get into the newer series as soon as possible but I was figuring they go straight to The Return of Ultraman and release things in order.

D

Dr Kain

Interesting that they're jumping from Ultraseven straight to Geed and Orb, I can get that they might want to get into the newer series as soon as possible but I was figuring they go straight to The Return of Ultraman and release things in order.

They had hinted they were going to jump around. It makes sense. I wonder if The Next will be packaged with Nexus since the other movies are being packaged with their series.

My only concern is no word on steelbooks for Orb and Geed. If they don't receive them then that means I might as well not bother with the steelbook releases.

S

scikaiju

They had hinted they were going to jump around. It makes sense. I wonder if The Next will be packaged with Nexus since the other movies are being packaged with their series.
Ah I didn't know that, like I said I can get why they would want to release some of the newer series as soon as possible. And I don't think anybody would argue with Orb and Geed being the initial release for the newer series.

D

Dr Kain

Ah I didn't know that, like I said I can get why they would want to release some of the newer series as soon as possible. And I don't think anybody would argue with Orb and Geed being the initial release for the newer series.

Yeah and I'm super excited since Orb is currently my second favorite ULtra series.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
This is awesome, damn shame I don't own a blu-ray player.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I don't live within thirty miles of one and the blu-rays that are at stores near me always have these weird streaming add ons with Hulu/Amazon/Netflix and the like which I have no interest in (mainly because better stream sites without fees like KissAnime and JAToku exist).

I got a cheap Phillips blu-ray player from Amazon a while back, which doesn't have any of that stuff on it. Though as of yet I haven't tried importing any US disks to try on it. Mostly out of paranoia that the "convert to region zero" hack will either not work or will just junk the player, leaving me with an expensive import box set that I can't play. And if it junks the player, what will I play Shin Godzilla on?!

Probably a better option than going on KissAnime though. That site is notorious for having all sorts of malware in it's pop-up ads.

I'm not surprised that they wanted to go with some of the more recent series. They'll attract a different audience than the old shows which are more about the nostalgia. Orb and Geed got big Crunchyroll releases and the X movie got a theatrical release...which does make me wonder why they haven't got Ginga, seeing as their movie was on that double-bill with the X one?

D

Dr Kain

Not just that, but Kissanime makes bootlegs look innocent.

S

scikaiju

I'm not surprised that they wanted to go with some of the more recent series. They'll attract a different audience than the old shows which are more about the nostalgia. Orb and Geed got big Crunchyroll releases and the X movie got a theatrical release...which does make me wonder why they haven't got Ginga, seeing as their movie was on that double-bill with the X one?
Having watched Ginga, I can easily say going with Orb and Geed was the safer bet in getting people unfamiliar with the newer series into them. Hell if it was up to me I'd see if I could release Ginga S before Ginga