Ultraman 80 and The Ultraman Coming to DVD from Mill Creek

D

Dr Kain

Yep, due to there being no BD releases in Japan, Mill Creek will be releasing Ultraman 80 and The Ultraman on DVD in Sept. I do wish they had gone the SDBD route, but whatever.

S

scikaiju

A little disapointing that they're DVDs bur understandable given the circumstances. But we're officially done whith the live action Showa series with 80. So do you think they're going to go straight ro Tiga next or are we going to see something like Neos or the Zeanth movies next.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
On one hand this is a release I can actually play on my devices since I don't own a blu-ray player. On the other hand I never rewatch things so there wouldn't be a point. I make a bunch of anime recommendations (usually 10/10 stuff) on /wsr/ and usually leave Ultraman Joneus out because, well, modern toku has really warped newcomers into things that either aren't as amazing as they are perceived or prop up bad things. Trigger's repulsive Gridman reboots, everything someone other than Legendary has done with Godzilla in the last five years, Kamen Rider Gaim, Ex-Aid, and Build, Gokaiger and Ryusoulger, both Pacific Rim movies (even if Uprising was an improvement); I don't know, everything feels like reading a book these days when books aren't even the damn medium. I'd say thank goodness for Kamen Rider Saber, but it needs more monsters of the week, something Zi-O and Zero One got correctly. Toku has been going south for a while now and mecha anime has been dragged with it with manure like Eighty Six and Listeners.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

and usually leave Ultraman Joneus out because, well, modern toku has really warped newcomers into things that either aren't as amazing as they are perceived or prop up bad things.
I don't see how these two are connected.
You're not recommending modern toku, you're recommending Ultraman Joneus. So what's the problem?