Metroid Other M (spoilers) Reviews

ITs really sad to see a character who I've always thought to be THE strongest female lead in gaming to suddenly turn into a whimpering panzy at the sight of her greatest foe..

She hasn't had a personality until now. All of the previous Metroid games are just her going in and shooting things. You know Ripley in Aliens cried a few times in Aliens and Alien3. Is that a ruination of her character?
 
...

...

...

Seriously?

I don't think the character was ruined at all. There's nothing wrong with showing a bit more emotion for her, Samus never seemed like the ''machine'' character to me, I knew she was always a human, and everytime I saw those endings that showed her in her zero suit, I could see it was a being with emotion.
I'm sorry but I never saw her actually CRYING, she may have made a small whimper, but there was not a damn moment in which she fell on her knees and CRIED.
And Adam's reaction helped things, he was shocked to see what was going on. If anything, he must have thought something was wrong with her suit instead of a mental issue.

Although Samus waiting for orders and permission to use some weapons by Adam does bother me slightly...
I guess this is her military way of thinking, since he was her commander. I'm guessing she thought: ''Alright, I'm sure he knows what he's doing and I trust him, I've always trusted him.''
 
She hasn't had a personality until now. All of the previous Metroid games are just her going in and shooting things. You know Ripley in Aliens cried a few times in Aliens and Alien3. Is that a ruination of her character?

But that was her character. She was a strong silent, no nonsense type. Why change that now?
 
But that was her character. She was a strong silent, no nonsense type. Why change that now?

I can see both sides of the argument, but in all honesty I just play games to enjoy them. I don't get all political/religious/whatever about games anymore. If you look hard enough you will see all kinds of things wrong with games. I can either enjoy what's given to me, or just not play the game. Other M so far is one that I am going to just stop playing. It's not about the character, it's that the game itself is just bad.

The question I have is how the games sales are going? With this huge outcry I am thinking the sales are not so good. Can anyone tell me?
 
Last edited:
the problem is she's never suffered from it in previous games and now suddenly...

It is possible for one to have delayed-onset PTSD. It's usually diagnosed as such when the onset of symptoms occurs at least six months after the traumatic event. I'll grant you that it's a little unusual to have it manifest at this point rather than in her earlier encounters, but it's still a sound argument.
 
I'll grant that, but not in this extreme and not after what she's been through. Omega Ridley anyone? that version was scary as **** and here comes purple ridley (who is fabulous) and suddenly she shits bricks.

Now this isnt the only problem though. This one scene isnt what every one is crying foul for. It's only part of the problem. The great majority of it comes from the fact that she doesn't do anything without Adam's permission. She would let herself die in lava before she disobeyed Adam. This whole "a woman does what her man tells her to" attitude throws a lot of fans off.
 
I'll grant that, but not in this extreme and not after what she's been through. Omega Ridley anyone? that version was scary as **** and here comes purple ridley (who is fabulous) and suddenly she shits bricks.

Now this isnt the only problem though. This one scene isnt what every one is crying foul for. It's only part of the problem. The great majority of it comes from the fact that she doesn't do anything without Adam's permission. She would let herself die in lava before she disobeyed Adam. This whole "a woman does what her man tells her to" attitude throws a lot of fans off.

Yeah that part is just WTF.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top