Mahou Sentai MagiRanger ~Magical Talk Stage~(thoughts and opinions)

since i won't be sitting here for hours typing in detail my thoughts on this series, i'll just simplify:

Pros:

+The main cast was fairly well balanced with Strengths and Flaws (Like how Houka was the kind of person who can see value in anything, but also doesn't stay with one guy long enough to really know what true love is).

+Wolzard made for a cool Antagonist. I found Vancuria/Nae&Mare the same but a little less so.

+Ear Worm OP and ED. The Image song's arn't bad ether.

+The Mecha are few in number and are well designed.

+I liked Smokey and Mandora Boy as "Little buddy helpers"

Cons:

-Memy was....well, stupid looking and sounded even worse. They should have just revived Raigel outright, not reformat him into THAT.

-I thought the UraraXHikaru romance came out of nowhere.

-Houka is a bit of a Whore (well, we done see anything that says she sleeps with any of the 28 guys she dates a day, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had a quickie with more than a few of them).

-Rin was underused, as was Wolzard Fire.

-Seeing Hikaru dressed as a women in Vs. Dekaranger left me with.........confused feelings.............<_< >_>
 
I said competently subbed. the only subs I know for that series are the god-awful Hong-Kong subs, and I'm not gonna watch those.

Me, neither.

-Houka is a bit of a Whore (well, we done see anything that says she sleeps with any of the 28 guys she dates a day, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had a quickie with more than a few of them).

Hey, that's mean. She usually just dates them at a time, that's all that is. And there was only 15 boyfriends, just to be exact.

Anyway, back on topic, I enjoyed Magiranger! Very nice team of siblings (just like with GoGoV), very good stories, etc. that just makes you want to keep tuning in until the very end.
 
Cons:

-Memy was....well, stupid looking and sounded even worse. They should have just revived Raigel outright, not reformat him into THAT.

-I thought the UraraXHikaru romance came out of nowhere.


-Rin was underused, as was Wolzard Fire.

Personally I liked Meemy and felt that UraraxHikaru was well handled given the target demographic, but I can see where you're coming from. And I agree so hard regarding Rin's criminal underuse; yeah, there were plot reasons why it wasn't a good idea for her to be running around on the frontline, but I really wish that she'd been able to also exact her vengeance against Raigel alongside Hikaru. It's one of the few things I really think the show could have done better on.
 
Another note is one gripe I really have with TV-N's subs are that they call Vancuria's split havles Nai and Mare. I hate that kind of inconsistency!

If I had worked on this, they would've been called either Nai and Mea or Nigh and Mare, not mixing things up. inconsistency just makes for bad subs, and it kinda gets on my nerves, but that's a pet peeve kind of thing
 
another being AbaRanger, but I don't know if that's ever been competently subbed

Offhand, the first 8 have been subbed by Skewed Studious but that's it other than HK bootlegs.

Anyways, my thoughts on Magi are as follows (Yes, I'm copy/pasting. Meh):

[hide]MagiRanger, there's just so much wrong with this show and so very little right:

Characters - Snowgel is the only one I don't want to ignore for eternity. Granted, Kai did improve in my book seeing him in Gokai but, that's 1 episode compared to the 49-50 I watched him for in Magi. Urara and Houka were an annoyance along with Nai/Mare/Vancuria w/e her damn name is.

Music - Magiking's theme song I'll save from the fire.

Story: Now, here's my main gripe and what caused me to drop it for a while before being talked into finishing it.
How come every time they got a new power upgrade or a new mech or something, every DAMN TIME, somebody had to take it away from them because they "weren't ready" or.. or it would "overtake them"? When would they be ready? Would Master Kaku have to train them? Would they have to listen to Shoko-tan's singing before they're ready? The heavenly saints' over-parenting must've worked because there was barely any sign of them falling into losing their humanity. There was what, 1 episode focusing on it?
Or, or what about them possibly breaking the "rules of Magitopia"? Hikaru was so uptight about keeping to them ("No, I'll fight the Infershian gods on my own! The rules dictate this!") but, we never see anything really happen. Do they have some sort of trial service set up for rule-breakers? We'll never find out.

To end this section, the whole last 5 episodes were really bad on this:
"Hey, I'm dead. Oops, no I'm not!"
"What? I killed you!"
"No, you killed me right after I convinced your partner to switch sides!"
"What?"
"Yeah, I had a sudden epiphany and you're evil after all so now I'm gonna backstab and kill you!"

I'm all for plot twists and all but, that.. just.. OTL.[/hide]
 
Last edited:
Another note is one gripe I really have with TV-N's subs are that they call Vancuria's split havles Nai and Mare. I hate that kind of inconsistency!

Set up a Sub Group that puts out Fix-Sub's of T-N's stuff then.

Hey, that's mean. She usually just dates them at a time, that's all that is. And there was only 15 boyfriends, just to be exact.

Ok, it was 15. I just remembered it was alot for one girl.

Personally I liked Meemy and felt that UraraxHikaru was well handled given the target demographic, but I can see where you're coming from. And I agree so hard regarding Rin's criminal underuse; yeah, there were plot reasons why it wasn't a good idea for her to be running around on the frontline, but I really wish that she'd been able to also exact her vengeance against Raigel alongside Hikaru. It's one of the few things I really think the show could have done better on.

:coolshades:
 
It was the first Sentai that I have actually seen, enjoyed and got me into Sentai in the first place. The story, the characters and the suit designs were spectacular.

I loved every single moment of it.
 
I am not really bothering to read the other posts in this thread(no offense to anyone I just don't feel like reading I HATE MAGI IT RUINED SENTAI crap). That said. I freaking love magiranger. It is one of the best of the last 10 years if not the best.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top