Kamen Rider Wizard "The Finale" - "The Last Hope"

This show would've been far better if:

1) Koyomi is given more air time. I like her character quite a bit and the episode where she went shopping with Haruto was her best ep. Too bad she didn't have too many like it. The female cast for Wizard is far and away the best of any Rider shows I have seen. If the writers had beefed up Koyomi's role a lot more, given her more plots to be in, and made her character more sympathetic to the audience, the final episodes would have been a lot more powerful and emotional for the audience, since we have been emotionally invested in the character by that point.

2) I don't care if Shunpei is in the show or not. Oftentimes he's only there as comic relief but Nitoh did a better job of that and to lesser degree, the tranny from the donut shop. I would have liked to see him make occasional cameo appearance and not as a regular, and give his air time to Koyomi instead.

3) Not so much filler eps in the beginning. We all know by now that the Phantoms were only means to uncover the potential wizards, which in turn allows for the next Sabbath to begin. I would have liked to see more character development for Gremlin, White Wizard/Wiseman, and Koyomi throughout the show, instead of bunching everything together at the end.


I don't have a problem with Haruto declaring Gremlin as no longer human. While I sympathize with his hope at becoming a human again, his way of accomplishing that through mass killing is like a madman gunning people down at a mall. In that case the police has legal right to use lethal force to take out the gunman, and in Haruto's case he has the right as a Rider to take out the threat to innocent civilians, no matter how sorry he feels for Gremlin's situation.
 
Last edited:
I know this is most likely inconsequential but in the next episode preview this happens

picture.php


A stone embedded in the belt, called Amadam (アマダム Amadamu?), is the source of Kuuga's power and able to extend the lifespan of a person
 
IIRC, Sho Aikawa (the next episode's writer) mentioned on his twitter talking with Kuuga's writer about these episodes. So, it sounds like it might be an actual tie in, not just name reference.
 
It's a magic stone, so that would be interesting if they tied it into Kuuga as well as the Linto and Grongi.

Though they could do the same thing for Black and Shadowmoon as well.
 
So Beast is back next ep? :buttrock: I guess Chimera wasn't really that hard to find.
I found it funny that he said he was going to go look for Chimera and take Yuzuru with him on weekends. Where did he think Chimera would be, whereas he could come and pick-up Yuzuru and have him back before Monday mornings? :D
 
Last edited:
Here is another screen shot form the next episode preview that caught my eye
picture.php


A golden sparkly stone, reminded me of the golden Amadam embedded in Kuuga Amazing Mightys' belt, minus the sparkles of course, for context this happens before my previous post. Have we seen a golden, not yellow, wizard ring (stone) in the show?
 
Last edited:
I wasn't too impressed with this "final" episode, but it was still an all right ending.

-Guys, remember that Ankh seemed "dead" at the end of OOO. They could find a way to ret-con Koyomi into this year's Movie War/Battle. Hopefully, Koyomi's handled more like Ankh and not like Phillip/Kengo.
-This fight would have been better served if we had an episode fleshing out Gremlin becoming the ultimate threat a la Daguva from Kuuga.
-Man, Wizard got the Philosopher's Stone real easily. All he had to do was punch Gremlin in the chest. Also, WHY DID INFINITY GET ITS ASS KICKED? Well, at least it all ended with a Rider Kick.
-Oh, Rinko. You deserved a way better character arc. You're sexy, you can kick ass as we saw in Movie War Ultimatum, and you do have a brain on your shoulders. I'm sorry the writers felt the need to stick you with Shunpei forever.
-It was great seeing the Mages in action (Side note: if we can count Glaive, Lance, and Zarc as different Riders, why don't we count the three Mages as seperate Riders? They're just recolorings as well), but man was all that buildup worth nothing when Gremlin just swept the floor with them.

I'll abstain from sharing my final thoughts on Wizzles until I watch the actual final episode. I'm counting on you to fix Decade or at least justify its reason for being here, Sho Aikawa.
 
I guess wizard is an okay series. Had so much potential, but suffered the same short coming since W: too many fillers. At least most of the fillers in W were interesting (and sometimes, touching)

And I really don't like how the phantom in the show tries to make ppl despair: See!! I break your toy/belonging that means so much to you, now despair and become one of us!! Really!! at least make a ritual (this is a show about magic after all) or something while breaking those toy/belonging apart to make it believable. If it's really that easy to make ppl lose all their hope, don't you think there would be a lot more phantoms on the street?

And, it turns out that none of the victims manage to turn into a phantom. They either leave tokyo, or turn into a wizard instead...

Again, the story could have been so much better, and i guess it's time for toei to break the the pattern of two episodes per stand alone story that has nothing to do with the main plot. You could still make a mini two episodes arc, but please connect it to the main story
 
IIRC, Sho Aikawa (the next episode's writer) mentioned on his twitter talking with Kuuga's writer about these episodes. So, it sounds like it might be an actual tie in, not just name reference.

A magic ring carved out of Kuuga's Amadam would be the best thing ever.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top