Kamen Rider Wizard EP 35 - "Another Side of Sora"

Speaking of the mysterious rock, am I the only one wondering if the majority of the remaining dozen-or-so episodes are basically going to become one long fetch quest for a shiny thing that will probably make Haruto's belt say something?

Probably so, maybe he needs a bunch of kind of magic rocks in order to attain his movie form
 
I thought was a great twist I did not see coming. The directing in this episode was fantastic getting across that creepy feeling. Sora's serial killing is actually played pretty realistically that it came off really well. Good use of Section Zero.Haruto's desire to believe his human side was well played where his strengths actually put someone in danger. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with Sora's acting. Seems perfectly decent to me.

I like that Kousuke took Haruto's place in the protect the gate story. He even got Shunpei as a sidekick. Even if it was entirely phoned in. How much of a jerk is that father?

I notice Haruto goes to either Rinko or Wajima when he's dealing with something. It makes Haruto a better hero when he has reliable people he actually turns to for help.

I'm guessing the reason Sora turned out like he did is exactly what he said. Like Haruto he experienced despair already but overcame it. Sora just happened to be crazy and it had the opposite effect because of his personality. Great two parter, can't wait to see where the show goes from here.
 
I thought was a great twist I did not see coming. The directing in this episode was fantastic getting across that creepy feeling. Sora's serial killing is actually played pretty realistically that it came off really well. Good use of Section Zero.Haruto's desire to believe his human side was well played where his strengths actually put someone in danger. Honestly I don't see anything wrong with Sora's acting. Seems perfectly decent to me.

This episode was thrilling in it's composition for sure! Super creepy and made me feel like he is always wearing a mask with his jovial nature and that his true face is that serious "I am going to cut you" face. I enjoy his acting too, but maybe I'm not sensitive enough to bad acting. I feel like he is always trolling people, kind of going back to my sociopath theory, maybe his "game" is making people uncomfortable, hence the constant surprise "HELLO!" A real life example could be the Ohio kidnapper who would carry around a mannequin to scare people (his wife, his nephew.... he'd drive around with it dressed up).
 
So, a serial killer? That's like "early heisei" level of dark.

But there's also another disturbing thing in the episode. The whole "father noticing me" angle. It's horrible. She has to wear her mother's dress and work hard for HER OWN FATHER to notice her? The one who left her? Why would she even need his support or blessing? Real empowering there...
 
So, a serial killer? That's like "early heisei" level of dark.

But there's also another disturbing thing in the episode. The whole "father noticing me" angle. It's horrible. She has to wear her mother's dress and work hard for HER OWN FATHER to notice her? The one who left her? Why would she even need his support or blessing? Real empowering there...
It had nothing to do with empowerment or anything. It was just a simple story of a child wanting to find her father. However the father is apparently too much of a wuss to face her just yet after everything he did. But he made some progress. I thought it was a fairly normal episode and it's not like it was really trying to teach a lesson. :eyebrow:
 
Damned Right!

So, a serial killer? That's like "early heisei" level of dark.

But there's also another disturbing thing in the episode. The whole "father noticing me" angle. It's horrible. She has to wear her mother's dress and work hard for HER OWN FATHER to notice her? The one who left her? Why would she even need his support or blessing? Real empowering there...

Quoted for truth! :shakefist
 
It had nothing to do with empowerment or anything. It was just a simple story of a child wanting to find her father. However the father is apparently too much of a wuss to face her just yet after everything he did. But he made some progress. I thought it was a fairly normal episode and it's not like it was really trying to teach a lesson. :eyebrow:
This. I think it's clear the father is ashamed of himself now, which is why (I felt) he felt he wasn't ready to face her in person yet - but at the same time, he wanted her to know "mission accomplished! I'm rooting for you."
 
Wizard 35:

- It would've been better if Nitou had disliked Chiaki from the start instead of doing a sudden about turn.

- That manager seems pretty nonchalant about having two random strangers be his client's bodyguards, even with them being superheroes.

- Sunset scene!

This episode was rather decent. Though it's full of things that, were they utilized better, or at all, could have made this a far better show.

So, a serial killer? That's like "early heisei" level of dark.

Too bad Sora is a far cry from Asakura in terms of portrayal.

But there's also another disturbing thing in the episode. The whole "father noticing me" angle. It's horrible. She has to wear her mother's dress and work hard for HER OWN FATHER to notice her? The one who left her? Why would she even need his support or blessing? Real empowering there...

Did she actually say he abandoned her? Or just got more involved in work and rarely if ever saw her? And what's wrong with a daughter wanting to see her father after a long time?
 
I took a break from Wizard since the 2nd half of Beast hyper's debut. I just had enough of the mostly unlikeable Gates that im supposed to NOT want to see get hurt. So when I decided to get caught up, it was this 2 parter that made it worth the effort.

Sure the JK reveal isnt anythng new, but of all the possible outcomes, I admit this is one I did not see them using. And that line "Im not going to let anyone ELSE hurt you" I really wish I caught that immediately. It felt so good when the whole thing was unravelled. JK just joined Isaka, Dr Maki, and Emoto in my favorite character of every post-Decade Rider series.

I also like how this episode kind of played with the idea of reversing MY expecations. Here I was, ready to hate on the Gate again, but learning what she was doing it for, yah, Im with Beast. Sure it feels like a roundabout way of doing it, but i dont think it was disempowering of women or anythng. It was just a daughter trying to reach out to her parent in her own earnest way.

Then there was JK. I was ready for the, "GROAN, hes gonna be nice and pay with his life because of it" He protected the Gate, had a pretty normal conversation with the main guy. I was prepared for the disappointing, hes a good guy working from the inside the whole time and then die later for it turn. Thank God for the reveal they went with though. I personally enjoyed it and was glad he had the decency to NOT to get killed in the same episode.

Gee I sure hope this means the next arc is gonna be as good. Yeaaa no. It really really wasnt.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top