Kamen Rider Wizard EP 34 - "The Model's Dark Side"

I guess it depends what your looking for in the MotW. The Grongi weren't interesting to me because you never got to know anything about them. Maybe that was the point for some people but to me there were just a bunch of silly-dressed people wandering round town playing games

I don't think you recall the Grongis all that well. If anyone is silly-dressed, it's Sora. The Grongis with their tattoos and freakish makeup looked like gangsters and savages. And you say "playing games" as though they were just pulling annoying but harmless pranks on people, not committing mass murder.

*shrugs* At least the Greeed or the reoccuring Phantoms have enough personality that I can remember them.

What memorable personalities do Phoenix and Medusa have beyond "I'm reaaallly angry!" and "disciplinarian lackey"? And the Greeds were hardly ever, if at all, scary. Honestly their potential was wasted. Especially that useless Gamel...

You could probably count on one hand the number of Phantoms who were in any way creepy or intimidating beyond just the idea of them. And perhaps most importantly... does anyone really care whether or not people become the Phantoms or Greeds'/Yummies' next victims? With Kuuga through Ryuki I always was wondering whether the hero would come save the day. With shows like OOO and Wizard it's just indifference.
 
I agree - but back in the day, they could get away with a lot more, and to that end, monsters could do stuff to build tension. Nowadays, and this applies to shows since W I think, we get dramatic tension by fights getting interrupted or by the victim of the week not wanting to go with the hero and thus putting themself in danger.

The fact that we've got a victim (singular) of the week now, rather than monsters being free to do what they want, is a huge part of the problem, I think.

That said, I think Sora would fit right in with the Grongi, honestly. Or with Philip and Ankh.
 
Well I probably overdid the neurotic-ness, as to me it seems like a silly reason to hate a character, but yes, I've seen it mentioned in anime reviews and online that the "pretty boy" or feminine male really is a fairly standard Japanese character archetype that Western people tend to almost always utterly hate.
I don't know what anime fans you've been hanging with but the people here don't have Germlin because of that. We have a whole mess of others reasons too hate him!


And I'm Western and I love feminine characters. Like Beet J Stag! They don't make a boy prettier than Beet J Stag.
 
What is the basis of the Sora hate anyway?

I believe it's the actor, 100%. He's not charismatic enough to pull off a lot of the things that the director is clearly telling him to do. Mannerisms meant to be unsettling, like the giggle, are just grating.

As such, I think people aren't investing in the character's storyline. People just want the character to go away for good... which, for a Rider villain, means being killed off. The more plot weight this show gives to Gremlin, the more apathetic towards it I think the general audience will be.

A character like Gremlin should be intriguing and make the audience curious about what he'll do next. That's not just going to happen if the character's performance is just flat-out annoying to watch.
 
I believe it's the actor, 100%. He's not charismatic enough to pull off a lot of the things that the director is clearly telling him to do. Mannerisms meant to be unsettling, like the giggle, are just grating.

As such, I think people aren't investing in the character's storyline. People just want the character to go away for good... which, for a Rider villain, means being killed off. The more plot weight this show gives to Gremlin, the more apathetic towards it I think the general audience will be.

A character like Gremlin should be intriguing and make the audience curious about what he'll do next. That's not just going to happen if the character's performance is just flat-out annoying to watch.
I dunno, I almost feel like the intention might have been to make him appear innocent/even annoying on purpose BECAUSE they wanted to pull such a twist as they did in 35. That way, when you get... well, what you get, it's that much bigger of a deal.

Though realistically speaking, all of the Phantoms are getting killed off (though I'm starting to have doubts about Medusa), so it's not like that happening would be a big shocker either.
 
I dunno, I almost feel like the intention might have been to make him appear innocent/even annoying on purpose BECAUSE they wanted to pull such a twist as they did in 35.

Well, except the "twist" in 35 is not incredibly popular? Some people are happy that Wizard has momentum again, but I've seen a lot of statements to the effect of "What was even the point of that?" on various forums. And I think this goes back to people not having the desired reactions to the character.

There's two ways for a character to annoy the audience. In the "good" way, he annoys other characters, but the audience is likely to find him amusing or intriguing, and enjoys watching his antics. In the "bad" way, the audience is as annoyed by the character as they would be an annoying person, and finds their enjoyment of the show diminished when the character is onscreen.

Gremlin is clearly meant to be "good" annoying, but for a lot of fans, he's clearly "bad" annoying instead. And people just aren't going to invest heavily in plot points that concern him, even though he's clearly an important character who is going to introduce Wizard's endgame. People still seem to want him gone sooner rather than later.
 
My First Post to the Forums!

HELLO~

It is a SORA arc, I am SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, we learned : one of Kousuke, Shunpei and Wajima’s favorite actresses, Sora is not only a Phantom, but he still has his heart from his Gate form and more~

Recap, Please:

A somewhat oddly phrased narration. I do not like the fact that he took so long to explain the last arc, although they DID squeeze in his “pinch is a chance†line, sooo…

Good question, Koyomi! Who is that lady that is WAY too young for you to be looking at, Wajima? No, Koyomi nor I know who that girl is, Wajima! Oh, so you are just shallow like that, eh, Wajima! How sad, I had so much hope for you. Eh, oh, hi Kousuke and Shunpei, would you mind not closing that door in slow- hey, nice backpack, Shunpei! I want one! I wonder what they are fighting abo- this is a regular thing! Wow, cold Kousuke, just cold! I agree with Wajima, get out of your stereotypes here! Oh, damn it! Wajima, yet again you have let me down. Chiaki, that is her name. Again, WAY out of your age bracket, Wajima! Valid point, Kousuke! Why DOES an old man like Wajima have a poster of a model that can only be around 21-24. Koyomi realizes what I am writing about here, not any of you three will get her, too old, too Kousuke and too odd.

What the Hello, Haurto?! Did you just develop ADHD or something (sorry to those that have it, it is just so unlike him)! Never, pick up that phone again! Hmmm, Kizaki has a request for them, not good. Yes, Rinko. A “request†is an act of asking politely or formally for something. But, literal-ness aside, I wonder what it could be. I do indeed remember the green magic stone. Eh, you know who it is!!!!!! Tell me! Or… you could show me in picture format too, that also works. Eh, SORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sora… is just looking around, unlike him. I wonder if that Point of View shot is supposed to be him running quickly or if it a random Gate, or what? Anyone have a clue? I love you every time you open your mouth, Sora. “Hello~â€, classic. Ah, you found a Gate, how odd. “OK…â€, again, classic. Argos is our new Monster of the Arc. Whoa, dem eyes. I like how they darken in color from top to bottom, nice touch. So, Argos’ Gate’s name was Kosuda, thanks, Sora. I believe that Sora will talk the way he wants to speak, do NOT tell him what to do, Argos! I agree with my main man Sora, right back at you indeed. When Sora tells you to call him something, you listen the FIRST time! Misa may have a point, nice one girl! Eh, do not EVER call Sora a “punkâ€, ever! I would be “chummy†with you any day, Sora! Yes, indeed Kosuda, get along with Sora. Stop calling him a “punk†dam it! Just skip away, Sora. You and I both know that he will die…

Opening.

Nice joke, Haurto! I am suspicious about Kizaki as well, Haurto. Rinko, you are far too naive. So, Sora’s real name is Sora Takigawa, eh? Sora was a beautician? I could but that, with his flamboyances quirks and all.

I am on team Kousuke for the reason why Chiaki is so lovely. Er, I think her hair and smile have nothing to do with one another, Shunpei. Eh, Argos has already found the Gate already, wow Misa sure works fast! I like how Argos’ asks how he wants victim to be driven to despair, so nice for someone who is going to kill you. Go, Kousuke, tackle him! Nice backflip! HE might get hurt, right… You MAY get eaten indeed, Argos! The running henshin was very impressive, Kousuke! I like how his wall of magic is not able to be breached as well. Yes, Beast is “the primordial mageâ€, gold star. Nice backflip off of that tree, Beast! Oh, and nice kicks! I think it WOULD be a smart idea to get into Chameleo Manta, Beast! Considering the fact that you were blasted and sliced, it would be the best option. It is the Chameleo Manta, did you not hear the belt announce it about six times. Yes, “BEASTBITE†is back! Nice jumps, Beast! I do believe that is called “strategyâ€, not “trickyâ€, Argos. As a side note, NEVER call Beast a “bastardâ€. Wow, Beast is doing well them balancing skills on those brackets! He even is using the tongue to swing on them, great form! I do not think Beast will listen to you, Argos. Nice duck and roll maneuver, Beast! Nice double kick as well. Nice use of the tongue to hit Argos, just brilliant! Eh, all I saw was a very intense light, not that intimidating… although the trippy color filler was a tad distracting. Eh, that is his way of leaving, he does make one Hell of an exit!

“Mou†indeed, Beast! So, Shunpei saw him leave, or at least had the assumption that he fled. The de-henshin was fun to watch. Although, I am surprised to see that the Gate was not taken aback, maybe he sunglasses helped. Such a cold, “yea†from out Ga- Chiaki! You’re the Gate!

I do indeed remember the eclipse, Beauty parlor owner. “I’m quitting~â€, once I get a job, I may do that if I am feed up with it! Oh, so Sora was a cheerful character in his Gate life as well, hmm… Sora even liked to play pranks then too…. The Beauty parlor owner’s version of “Hello~†is better than Sora’s one. His clients stopped coming! So, Sora must have been “the popularâ€, eh! I fail to not see why! I bet you would think that, Beauty parlor owner. Now, as a side note, who in the worl wears **** like that, Haurto! It is so unlike you!

Cool, Wajima is getting an autograph from Chiaki. I would go to heaven if Ryo Yoshizawa gave me is autograph…. So cool! “I’m just a mage-“, eh, Kousuke? Because, as you are very well aware of, they are common place as any lamp according to you. Shunpei does not like water, what a weirdo. Oh, the backpack is there again! I think you should listen to your manger, Chiaki. I mean, I understand that you want to stay on top, but still, you could die. You want become her bodyguard? Ah, Kousuke, you and your Kousuke-ness. Eh, your manger bought it! It is so obvious that he just wants to look and maybe date her! I mean, he was the one to save her, but Koyomi or Wajima could have told them about Haurto. Oh, already on to the next job, buy you tour. Except for you, Wajima, Koyomi is right; who will watch the shop? For all you know, that man who stole the Gate’s backpack last week could come and trash the place! What is up with od choices for clothes this week; first there is Haurto with his purple shirt then Wajima with his rainbow… thing. (This WAS the best comical scene this week).

The Children’s Day Drought looks very tasty! Although, the wigging of the hips from the manger was a tad too much for my taste. I do like how Ryuu broke character. Hahah! They thought that Haurto and Rinko were a couple, those fools! Haurto x Koyomi all the way! I do indeed remember that the Gates are different from their Phantom counterparts, foils even. It is odd indeed Haurto, I wonder why he would use his Gate’s memories like that. Anyway, who cares about that; Haurto is able to EAT a doughnut, at long last!

My favorite photo of Chiaki is the one right after she is on the couch. So a nice smile (eat It, Shunpei!) The shooting director lied! He said “last one†and that was TWO shots before they wrapped up! Liar! It sure is hard to smile at the camera!

Geez, Shunpei, get the drnk faster! (What drink is that anyways, it looks like tea?) Man, Chiaki, calm down. I mean, your manger seems like a really nice one for wanting you to get a break, treat him nicely why don’t you? All she wants to do is “ride the waveâ€, fame is also fleeting, it is good to relax once and awhile. I agree that Chiaki is different from what I thought, Shunpei and Kousuke! I like the butt-in from Chiaki that gets them out of their illusion. I think you just made the production team of th current photo shoot feel bad, you put the newest one above them by calling it “importantâ€, so, I wonder what makes models favor one team over another. I like how the manger walks, so funny. I would hurry up indeed, Shunpei and Kousuke! What the Hell is THAT! An eye that is purple! Ew!

Wait, if you checked out Sora employment and you are going to his apartment, WHERE THE CRAP ARE YOU NOW! Oh, what did you forget, Haurto? Oh, the doughnut, you are good now. (This was a GREAT scene)

Sora is spying on them… ohhh…

I wonder who Kizaki is calling and what information he is trying to get on Sora.

Oddly enough, I wanted Argos to come and hurt that cameraman, he kisses a photo of the model he is about to work with, odd. If only Chiaki could hear your advice, Argos.

Why are you unable to accept life, Chiaki? Would you like it if you were sick and then the agency go mad at you and decided that you will never be thee again, huh? Listen to your manger! Thank you, Kousuke for making my point! I would be at my limit too! The eye is back, run!

Geez, Sora! You could have killed your targets, be more careful!


Eh, what do you mean by “you did not need itâ€, Sora? Are you telling me that you use the magic stones and that one became obsolete, or are you just saying that you were bored with the fact of not being in the spot light? Geez, Haurto, respect the fact that Sora wants to be called “Soraâ€! That is indeed the name of Sora’s Gate. Sora, you seem a little TOO excited about have your past come out. Poor Sora… people keep calling him “Gremlinâ€. But, it must suck to not ask for something to be done and live with it (like my vision). It IS indeed possible, Sora is right there. Wow, so he is mega-outlier. I know the feeling, I am the only kid in my school who has a vision problem, I feel you. I agree with Sora, come on Haurto, be a sport! Rinko, you are such a… HOW DARE YOU TALK TO SORA LIKE THAT!!!! Now I want Yuugo to come back and kill you! Bye, Sora! Just forget about all those mean things Rinko said. It is odd that Dora still has his human heart.

Oh, so Chiaki wants people to know the “true†her. It seems as if Kosuda had gotten the perfect photo! “new and freshâ€, this is not some new add for fruit. I guess taking someone photo when they ask if you are a cameraman seals the deal, no. That is just a wrong thing to go with, Chiaki. He is Kosuda, and you let him take you somewhere just because he has a camera, stupid. I mean, it makes sense, but he must have to pass some back ground check first.

I do, Rinko. Doubtful as always I see. I think that if you do not believe in him, shut up. I understand Haurto’s doubt. I mean, he is unable to trust him at this point seeing as how he screwed him over last time. I wound what Shunpei excuse was, “well… you see, Nitou-san and I got into an argument because he snapped.†Why would you let Rinko go alone again, Haurto? Are you daft? She was almost KILLED last time she went after Phoenix. I guess investigating Misa helped his trust, but still, Sora is more of a wild card then Phoenix.

I agree with Kosuda, smiling helps you. Damn, why help team Shunpei! Yea, reinforce team Kousuke! Done already, that was what, like, five photos? Eh, those are HIS EYES! That was an amazing effect! So, wait, he took all that time to discover what she values are the model clichés, I have to hand it to him for trying to stick it out, but come on… Again, he AKS which one to trash first, I would go for her hair. Nice job, Beast! Swooping in there with your Dice Saber! “Hide!â€, ummm… how? She is in a open area, and judging by that wide shot, there is a lot of bridge between her and a place to hide. How rude, Argos! Stealing Beast’s line, how irritating! Beast is handling himself pretty well. That slash when Argos is on the bench was a nice one! Wow, he rolled a five this time! Ow, not the light again! BEAST, hang in there! Is Chiaki hiding behind a tiny wall? Nice shot, hit from the Machine Winger and one liner! Hit did indeed get hurt! It also goes double for Beast too! Another callback, are you listing to Haurto, Chiaki! That sounds like a fun hobby, Haurto! I wanna join! Nice walking henshin! I like how the henshins this week reflect the characters personalities, nice touch. Wizard, nice job with the Wizarswordgun!

Wow, stating what we already know, some detective you are Rinko! How in the crap do you get there, the whole stealing his customers bit, just dumb.

Sora, being cool stating the obvious. That was a nice jump from the flower tail, Wizard! Sora is taking a liking to Chi- eh! He seems to know her. Is she one of his former clients?

Well, Beast, made it known that he would not stay down. Beast, try to land some main attacks instead of back up kicks or jabs. Eh, watch out for the eyes, Wizard! Too late! Oh no, Ghouls! Yep, Wizard is doing almost all of the work this week, non-typical! Beast, pick it up a notch! Run, Chiaki! You have a whole other side of the area you could be going to! It seems as if Argos has gotten the point of “not asking and just doingâ€. Chiaki, THERE IS A WHOLE OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE YOU COULD RUN TOO, GO! Damn straight, “oh crap!†You failed once again! Now, she will become a Phantom! First Mayu and now Chiaki, you two need to get in the game! Oh, Sora jumped in AND GOT HURT FOR YOU TWO to save Chiaki. Wonder why, Wizard, wonder why… So sweet, Sora. Maybe everyone keeps getting in your way Argos because you give people the option to choose how to be driven to despair instead of just doing it. Nice kick, Sora! Eh, SORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Survive, survive, survive! On a lighter note, did that Ghoul just fall down because of air? Go Wizard, slash Argos and go into Water Style to save the greatest character on the show! Beast, you are too naïve, Wizard has the right idea; save Sora. Why would you NOT save him! I hope Wizard much less Sora is able to survive the fall, long way down. This is wh you are a crappy Phantom, Argos. You retreat even when you have a full opportunity to kill Chiaki! To be fair, I would back off until I knew what was going on too. I am okay with being a crappy Phantom! Eat them Ghouls and rush over to Chiaki to deliver your cluelessness to the world!

Next Episode Preview:


Eh, Chiaki does not care if she is popular! That would contradict what she said earlier! Unlike Haurto, I would okay with helping you out, Sora, anytime. Was that Koyomi at the end there? She sounds despite, like she needs hope.
Bumper for the Film

Overall, a Sora episode makes a great episode! If you have any comments, questions, anything, send me a message or post in the forum!

Later~
 
Sora, the Best Character!

Hello~

As you are able to tell for my post earlier (and even now), I love Sora. I just do not get the hate! Maybe it has to do with my age, but I think that his acting is solid and he pulls off everything he is asked to do well, I dunno. But, what I DO know is that he is a great contrast (a min-foil) to Haurto, which I think is neat.

(Is it odd that I have started doing the giggle, the "Hello~", the wave and skip around BECAUSE I like him so much?)

Oh, and why would somewhat hate a character JUST because he acts feminine! That is like saying that "I hate apples because they are apples." It is a very closed mindset.

Later~
 
Uh oh.

I like Sora. I get why people doesn't though. It's like me and... Otoya. I don't really like him as much as some do, and you can probably guess why.

But yeah, I'm not annoyed at all. He plays with everyone and is a psychopath murderer. Kind of fun.
 
Wizard 34:

- What a pathetic teaser. It's saved only by the return of NSA Section 0. This show is like Faiz in how it underutilizes the things it introduces.

By the way, Kizaki is a poor man's Houjo.

- Good grief, Sora can't even skip without it being annoying. He looks like a little girl doing that.

- Someone please take Shunpei and not-a-beast-in-any-way Nitou away. :redface2: Get off the stage!

- Who jogs in dark sunglasses? She looks like a secret service agent.

- Nitou really does an about turn on his attitude toward Chiaki. From fanatical obsession to annoyed criticism.

- Why are Haruto and Rinko sitting in the park instead of going back to the car?

- Those rolling eyeballs made me think... Is Argos the same as Zyuranger's Dora Algos? The latter was more frog-like in appearance.

- Bike rescues are back!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top