Kamen Rider Wizard EP 31 - "His Tears"

Cyclone Joker Extreme and Cosmic States is still the best final form debut.

There's something lackluster in Infinity Style for some reason.
 
This line from Sora/Gremlin to Wiseman: "I am the same as you. I am not 'Gremlin', but 'Sora'."
Had me thinking, and I came up with a theory.
Wiseman and Gremlin, like Haruto, managed not to fully despair and die, but gained magic powers.
But unlike Haruto and White wizard, they did not forge their powers into belts and rings; and they are able to transform into their Phantom forms.
 
I agree with the "lackluster" comments, and I kind of have an idea why

the fight didn't really make wizard seem more powerful, and it was rather lacking in displays of magic. his weapon didn't have any kind of radiance or magical aura, nor did he use any rings besides the infinity ring just to give him a speed boost. it seems like this form is devoid of elements, when what it should've let Wizard infuse any of his four elements into the blade

plus the finisher isn't really impressive, and rather looks a bit too silly to take seriously. if anything it's just Haruto being a showoff like he usually is in battle

also, his tears becoming the Infinity Ring with no foreshadowing is one of the dumbest Deus Ex Machinas I've ever seen, especially since every other ring he has was handcrafted.
 
Last edited:
All Phantoms are former humans that were destroyed by despair and gave birth to their Phantom forms. The only ones who were able to fend off the Sabbath was Haruto and Koyomi, and then Mayu was able to fight off her own despair at the hands of her late sister. Those who are able to defy the transformation can become wizards and witches.

I'm really, really, really hoping that Gremlin's adherence to his human identity isn't another "I want to be human" plot like Ankh, Enter or Pinocchio. It does make the Wiseman's motives more interesting, since it shows that he may have some attachments with his former self.

The Infinity arc was subpar because it wasn't executed as well as Extreme or Cosmic. (Granted, the Cosmic arc was phenomenal and arguably the peak of Fourze's writing). It's also becoming formulaic so after the third go around of the protagonist suffering from a personal crisis and then overcoming it through conviction might get a bit old. Fourze's Cosmic arc was good because it was able to cap off not Gentaro's character arc, but Ryusei's character arc. It was able to integrate the final form toy spam into a meaningful arc for a secondary rider while also at the same time show off the culmination of the friendship theme of the first two acts. It wasn't just two episodes, it was also the end of Ryusei's arc so it definitely had more time to breathe and settle in for us, and thus was more climactic when Gentaro achieved Cosmic.

I appreciate the out of suit fighting on Shiraishi's part, and while on paper the story seemed good, the execution was sketch and it felt hollow, despite Koyomi's deteriorating condition. I was more impressed at how Nitou felt personal responsibility for WizarDragon's death and how Legion commented on how Haruto had changed Nitou. They didn't give him so bombastic arc like Fourze unfortunately, but he's pretty much on Team Haruto now.
 
The form itself is absolutely awesome.
What undermines the episode however is that once again, there's no feeling that anything has actually moved foward.
We learned that Haruto has a lotta heart.
Wow. What a revelation.
 
The idea that the Infinity Ring was made from Haruto's tears isn't that far-fetched, especially when magic's involved.
 
So I'm the only one to prefer this to Cosmic...but then, the Cosmic storyline frustrated the bejebus out of me.
 
The debut itself was good but there was no build up to it. I'm sure they could have delayed it for another arc considering that toy is supposed to be released two weeks after this. They could have done it Faiz-style where the main character just goes into a slump.

Infinity feels like Blade King form to me where the form isn't supposed to exist but appeared out of nowhere. (Blade King Form really was meant to be merely Spade Q+K instead of fusing all 13 cards together)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top