Lurker
It's obvious Koyomi will have something to do with the Macguffin of the series, most likely being that she is said Macguffin. And that she'll bite it, only to come back by some means, contrived or not. It's just basic Neo-Heisei formula.

Shining~
--His name is Legion?! HE IS L!!!!
shock-1-smiley-face.gif

And I can't believe I just noticed that now :shakefist

--Oh Shotaro, forced to be a street performer after all these years... Oh well! :anime: Maybe you'll get to perform a duo with Philip and--Oh. Well, guess we won't be seeing him in any more Rider team ups. :disappoin

....wait, that's Shotaro???

Really good episode! I kinda thought Haruto was a bit of an ass for doing that with Shunpei in the beginning. XD
Rinko was actually entertaining and well balanced. I didn't watch the Beast Hyper arc, but I was surprised to see him get handled like this so soon. Haruto fighting unhenshined was awesome, and it was nice to see him go back to the basics even if it didn't work out too well.

*Reads the episode title, and feels creative* ... I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his wizard's pride, but something struck me deep inside... The day the magic died~ 10 points to anyone who knows what I'm referencing. :169:

I was waiting for someone to make that reference! And your post was really fun to read too. :laugh:

Wizard 30:

- Is Legion played by the guy who played Hibiki's Doujis and Kiva's Bishop?

- Speaking of Legion, why is only around for a mere two-parter and was never mentioned until now? This show really doesn't build up its villains well. Phoenix did little, Wiseman is barely around, and now this guy. And last year we had the Horoscopes get rushed through toward the end in an assembly line fashion and end up as glorified MOTW, rather than function as a real organization. It's all very disappointing.

- Sushi... I'm surprised Kaba didn't serve them sushi donuts.

- Enough with the stupid effects! We don't need to see Rinko running away like it's the end of some cartoon, and for no reason either!

- I wish we could replace Nitou with Agito's Ashihara. He would know how to play Beast.

- :shakefist:shakefist Did Nitou really have to draw out his "Huh?" like that?? This is a serious moment, not another pointless gag! What is wrong with these people that silliness must be shoehorned in everywhere? It's almost as bad as OOO.

- "Another mage"? Haruto just said he was a mage, Legion. Pay attention.

- Beast finally lives up to his title and rides something!

Asian
*Reads the episode title, and feels creative* ... I can't remember if I cried, when I read about his wizard's pride, but something struck me deep inside... The day the magic died~ 10 points to anyone who knows what I'm referencing. :169:

How would the chorus go like, though? Bye bye Mr. Mahoutsukai?

Haruto faces off against the Legion Phantom in this good episode of Wizard!

- As a whole this definitely isn't a bad episode of Wizard, but as the first part to an Ultimate Form debut arc, it's quite lacking in much the same way as the first episode of Beast Hyper's arc.There wasn't the tension and excitement of past Ultimate Form arcs, at least until the very end, and as a whole it didn't really offer anything very important to the ongoing plot of Wizard save a few scenes where the protagonists weren't even present. I certainly didn't learn anything new or vital about Haruto character wise other than that he likes kids. Of course, the twist at the end offers up a slew of potential for the next episode, so hopefully Wizard's creative team is saving the best stuff for the second part like they did for the last arc.

- The Philosopher's Stone? Wasn't OOO the alchemy Rider :eyebrow:? Still, it's nice to finally get some details as to what exactly Wiseman is planting, even if it offers more questions instead of answers.

- If this is the first time Gremlin has met Wiseman, how was he able to get the Land Dragon stone? Is it a plot hole, or just another mystery in Wizard where we'll have to wait ten episodes to get even a hint of an answer?

- I will say that Legion was the definite high point of the episode. In one episode the creative team was able to establish him as an effective and credible threat, and definitely a foe I can see necessitating an Ultimate Form. That's one thing I'll give Wizard the edge on in comparison to Fourze's Ultimate Form arc, because despite how great I felt the arc was, to me Aries was its weakest part. Also, it was nice to have Mitsu Murata back as a Rider villain.

- As much as I have wanted a Dragon Vs. Chimera showdown, the two tag-teaming against Legion was pretty awesome. I'm only disappointed that there wasn't any real acknowledgement between the two which only further reminds me of how much the show has underutilized the Riders' respective Phantoms as actual characters. Why bother giving them voices if you're going to hardly use them? Especially when having them talk and react towards events could improve a scene? Still, it was a great fight nonetheless. And I took Dragons attack as less of a heroic save towards Beast and more as a badly timed assault on Legion. But considering how we haven't seen Dragons character develop at all, I guess the reason doesn't really matter.

- Can't wait next time for Haruto without his magic, Koyomi falling apart, and the debut of Infinity Style!

Last edited: