Kamen Rider Wizard, EP 21 -"Dance of the Dragons"

I, like others, was thrilled that Phoenix stayed true to his evil self. I concede Gamou reforming, but Phantoms are supposed to be completely NOT human AND evil, right?

I’m glad Phoenix mentioned the Sabbat again. They need more Phantoms for that, but we still don’t know the purpose. I don’t even think Haruto and the Band know about it; they just stop the Phantoms form hurting people without considering what they are truly after.

White Wizard and Wiseman sure seem to NOT be the same person now, but that raises a question. Why do they want Wizard to become more powerful? Is Wiseman rooting for Dragon and White Wizard for Haruto?

Are the other Wizard Dragons coming from somewhere else in time or are they splitting Haruto into pieces? If he is splitting up himself, is that how Dragon will make his way to taking over, can he somehow “slip through the cracks†and wear on Haruto until he Despairs?

Does anyone else think Haruto was psyching himself out or bluffing when he beat his chest and said he was hungry for dragon? I think he is scared and we missed a chance to see deeper into him. HOPEFULLY he will get more fleshed out next episode.

Speaking of next episode, here is what we have in store!

[HIDE]- Gremlin (the weird Phantom) introduces himself to Haruto and Shunpei
- Phoenix kidnaps Rinko [And leaves her battered and bloody]
- He takes on Medusa
- Haruto wants to take Phoenix down
- Wiseman encourages him?
PLUS!!!
- NSA SECTION ZERO Special Agent Kizaki returns! [Is that just about Rinko or is there going to be something interesting with them and the fight against the Phantoms? I hope White Wizard has infiltrated their ranks!]
- All this and more on Wizard 22 The Phoenix Cuts Loose[/HIDE]
 
Haruto confronts Dragon in this exciting episode of Wizard!

- The White Wizard finally gets some focus, or at least more screentime, as he attempts to mold Haruto into a stronger wizard. Judging by his small fight with Beelzebub, it looks like White Wizard prefers to deal with his foes from afar than taking them on in a straight up fight. The rings he utilized in this episode seemed to specialize in long range attacks, or covering distances, so I think it's fair to say that in terms of combat the White Wizard is more conservative than Wizard or Beast. Not what one would expect from a Rider, but I'm hoping for a moment where he finally foregoes passive aggression and just starts hitting stuff. As a whole, nothing the Wizard did in this episode implied he didn't have Haruto's best interests at heart. Certainly not that he's actually Wiseman. Still, he's as mysterious as ever, and will probably remain that way for some time.

- So Beast is an "Archetype Wizard?" I guess that means Beast and others like him were testbeds for the Rider system Wizard and White Wizard use. Experiments in technology that could combat the Phantoms by using the power of sealed Phantoms.

- I'm disappointed that Wizardragon was mute once again. What's the point of giving him a voice if he'll never talk? Especially in episodes where he's of major plot importance! I also wasn't to crazy about the test Haruto had to take... it was too short, and when it got right down to it was just Haruto flailing about while being attacked by cheap CGI. Past Rider series have had better "earning the Mid-Season Upgrade" moments in my opinion. Though if anything interesting came out of that scene, it's that it showed that Wizardragon has access to the elemental powers of the Styles, not just fire. He really has been holding out on Haruto during Underworld fights!

- Rinko and Phoenix's scenes were pretty interesting, as Rinko inspires Phoenix to do what he wants and not just follow orders... only to learn too late how much that was bad advice. Phoenix is a psycopath, it doesn't matter whether he's a human or a Phantom, as long as he gets to kill he's fine. And now thanks to Rinko, he's no longer going to hold back. I don't blame Rinko. In terms of Phantoms, Phoenix is different. Just not in the way she had hoped. I also really liked that scene with the donuts, where Phoenix says he's never understood their appeal. Perfect contrast to Haruto.

- The "Dance of the Dragons" was awesome. All the Dragon Forms overwhelming Beelzebub and then finishing him off with a combination of their finishers and a Slash Strike was stylish and completely overwhelming, just what I've always come to expect from Wizard! I have to wonder how much the copy function of the Drago Timer will be utilized, considering how overpowered Wizard would be if he just summoned four of himself at the same time for every Phantom fight. ON the downside however, I feel it's a little early for a Mid-Season Upgrade like the Drago Timer. Not in terms of episode count, but in terms of the flow of the story. We just got done debuting the Dragon Forms, and now we get the Mid-Season Upgrade right off the bat? Pacing Wizard, pacing.

- Can't wait next week for Phoenix going rogue, the return of the mysterious Phantom and Kizaki, and Phoenix vs. Wizard and Medusa!
 
Last edited:
I'm still baffled as to why they thought an egg timer was a good idea for a upgrade. Also renders the circle complete as far as I'm concerned in regards to Kiva.
kivatatsulotqp0.jpg

Now they just work on the Ryuki aspect of it :laugh:
 
Personally I'm just happy that the upgrade toy still uses all of wizards forms, rather than abandons them for something more powerful, but also more generic.
 
I have a strong feeling that, unlike OOO, Wizard will have a final form. I just wonder if they will invent something unique for it, make it a fusion of the 4 dragon styles, or go the Den-O route and do both.

Keep doing it. Everyone gives their thoughts in their own way. It's pretty enjoyable.
I agree. I like your play by play reviews.

Thank you, and thank you. I will continue as I normally do.
smiley_bow.gif
 
Quite an awesome episode, first time in a while that upgrades had to be earned. I'm happy enough that I won't nitpick on the way it was done this time.

Am I the only one who thought it was really funny when the 4 Haruto went "phhhiii?"
 
Wizard 21:

- "Explosion Now" instead of "Please"? I don't get it.

- Shiho is pathetic and annoying. Even considering her situation, get a grip. She's less a grown woman and more a stereotypical bratty 'queen bee' from a kids' sitcom. Even Miu wasn't this bad.

- I like those Ghoul guards standing near Beelzebub. It's nice to see them in little roles beyond cannon fodder.

- ..... Why are there stuffed pigs in Shiho and Hisa's car??

- Phoenix has no sense of taste... He's not a Phantom, he's a Greed.

- Why would Shiho still be affected by her husband and friends' rejection when she now knows the cause of it? She knows they're just being controlled, so why despair over it?

- Why is Nitou still insisting on rivalries and duels? This just isn't working as a running schtick to me.
 
Wizard 21:

- "Explosion Now" instead of "Please"? I don't get it.

- Why is Nitou still insisting on rivalries and duels? This just isn't working as a running schtick to me.

White Wizard is supposed to be a mysterious and demanding guy.Now suits him.

It's common for goofy characters in television shows to consider others rivals in a humorous way.Gai from Naruto does it all the time.
 
- "Explosion Now" instead of "Please"? I don't get it.

The White Wizard Driver is demanding where Wizard's is polite. That's seriously all it is. Some people are looking at it as foreshadowing that White Wizard will turn out to be some sort of villain or antagonist.

- Phoenix has no sense of taste... He's not a Phantom, he's a Greed.

The Phantoms are not incredibly original villains. Kind of the opposite, really.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top