Kamen Rider Wizard, Ep 10 - "National Security Agency Section Zero"

I'm more disappointed at how the Phantoms now are conveniently stronger to match Haruto's new form without much of a reason given for it. I know some people apparently disliked Fourze turning the Horoscopes into monsters of the week, but I liked how Fourze at least gave a reason for the new form to be necessary, while in many other Rider series, including now Wizard, we just have the same old monsters now somehow being strong enough that the Rider has to use their new form to win.
 
I'm more disappointed at how the Phantoms now are conveniently stronger to match Haruto's new form without much of a reason given for it. I know some people apparently disliked Fourze turning the Horoscopes into monsters of the week, but I liked how Fourze at least gave a reason for the new form to be necessary, while in many other Rider series, including now Wizard, we just have the same old monsters now somehow being strong enough that the Rider has to use their new form to win.

You should really take into consideration that maybe not all Phantoms are created equal and last fight, Phoenix wasn't really trying that hard because he thought he could beat Haruto easily.

I mean seriously, Haruto has giant dragon to transform into if he submits to despair while some guy became a gnome.
 
Though in retrospect, until we get more details about how Phantoms was made we can't really tell.

Though it's funny how I could tell this episode wasn't written by Komura.
 
You should really take into consideration that maybe not all Phantoms are created equal and last fight, Phoenix wasn't really trying that hard because he thought he could beat Haruto easily.

I mean seriously, Haruto has giant dragon to transform into if he submits to despair while some guy became a gnome.

I don't disagree with that, but, if that's the case, I wish it had been made an actual plot point in the show, about how they'd need to call stronger phantoms now due to Wizard's interference, rather than just Wizard seeing a new phantom who happens to have a better ability than the ones that previous phantoms had
 
Last edited:
I don't disagree with that, but, if that's the case, I wish it had been made an actual plot point in the show, about how they'd need to call stronger phantoms now due to Wizard's interference, rather than just Wizard seeing a new phantom who happens to have a better ability than the ones possessed by the previous phantoms he had faced.

It might sadly be a cut scene. Which would seem like an odd choice.

Or it might just be like that because they know Wizard have a Style that can defeat Phoenix.
 
Maybe they'll introduce some sort of hierarchy within the Phantoms like the Go-Grongi or the Horoscopes that'll distinguish the stronger from the weaker ones, because there's really no reason that's been given for Phoenix and Medusa to be stronger lieutenant level Phantoms besides the fact that they communicate with the Wiseman.

Great episode today. I guess next week Haruto's gonna save Kizaki. Loving the whole secret bureau thing that they have going on, and hope they have a big part in the future of the series too.
 
Right now Kizaki went so far as to call Haruto a monster, despite that he's been saving people from becoming Phantoms themselves. This whole thing with the agency reminds me of ZECT, to where despite protecting the public, they still have their own agenda.
 
loving wizard, the new form is great and i think the story is going a better direction and has allot going for it right now. i love fourze too but damn this one might be better crosses fingers and hopes by episode 50 it will be and go down as better.
 
That's exactly my issue with upgrades that lack downsides. I understand that the point of an upgrade is to be stronger than the base form, but when there's no consequence, it really brings down the intensity and significance of using the upgrade in the first place. It makes the form less special. It makes you sit there and think "Why didn't he just go straight to the upgrade? There's nothing to lose".

You're right though. We've had a tiny amount of consequential upgrades before and they were horribly done. Maybe I'm expecting a bit too much.

It's not like it had immediate downsides last episode either. It was brought up twice that Haruto needs to be careful using the Dragon's power even Kizaki is weary or this. Dragon also mentions that using the power will eventually bring Haruto closer to his control. So it's obvious it'll have consequences later and not now.

As for the Phantoms being stronger. All Phantoms are probably not created the same. And it was mostly the Phantoms "Rock" ability that gave Haruto trouble. He handled it fine with Earth Style.

I loved how this episode started right after the last one despite it being the start of a new arc. It's also good Phoenix will have an ongoing rivalry with Haruto. I thought he would be sidelined after losing. I got plenty of secondary rider vibes from Kizaki. I really hope they do it but probably won't. If I'm right about the kids father being killed by the Phantom and his feelings toward Haruto, he has the perfect motivation to want to combat Phantoms himself.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top