I didn't have any issues with their release at all. Just remember it pretty much runs like **** if you're not using MPC with CCCP.
The weird thing is I used to use that, until one day I accidentally opened it up in VLC and it worked fine. No idea why they say not to use VLC, but I've now watched all of the over.time Go-Buster episodes in VLC and every one was fine *shrugs*
Okay, just guessing on my part here.
Flame is a reach left
Land is a reach down.
Hurricane is a reach up.
Water will be a reach to the right.
Yeah that's what I'm figuring.
Not a big fan of the OP song; I mean, I'm trying not to be biased here but, Anna Tsuchiya did have the better song.
That said, the episode itself was okay. Yay for police people but, I don't get why there was no Op sequence. I usually assume it's to not spoil stuff ala Faiz or Abaranger but, we blatantly saw Haruto transform so, *shrugs*.
I assume we didn't get an opening sequence because half the cast who will be in the sequence weren't in this episode. As for the theme, I honestly didn't even notice it in that scene. Go-Busters didn't have an OP in the first episode, but you still knew when the theme tune started playing. I had to go back to listen to it because it passed me by. It's not offensive, but it's not as good as the last three themes. I'll keep a mind open for next week though. Maybe seeing it with the proper sequence and with subtitles will hammer it into my head more.
He's completely in love with himself. You can see that in pretty much everything: his voice, his posture, the way he speaks.
I can see that he was kind of messing with that policewoman, but I didn't really come to that conclusion. Honestly there wasn't enough to give me a good reading of him, but if anything he strikes me as a younger version of Kouga from Garo.
Another Garo-like sequence was when he went into her Underworld. That kind of magic dimension, fighting a CGI monster, having a mounted battle, was all really Garo-like. But I'll expect that as time goes on this will get pushed aside, just like with the CGI batta legs or the Power Dizer.
The "Kick Strike" looks similar with combination of Garren's Burning Divide & Decade's Dimension Kick.
Yeah I thought that. Or like the Ryuki final vent where he makes that complicated jump up. The athleticism in that makes quite a nice change though. The way the circle powers up his foot first reminded me of Agito's finisher.
-Silver bullets?! Now this is a Rider that means business!
-Loved the model-kit-style, tiny assists machines. (Hibiki, Double, OOO, Fourze, and now this. Is this becoming a thing? Anything for toy sales?) If they make model kits of these things, I might actually buy them!
I think the toys do come as kits. I know I should hate how blatently toy-ad it is (the belt might as well have shouted "some assembly required please!" when it scanned the belt) but I quite liked it. Maybe because in one episode they managed to be as useful as the foodroids were all series.
Yeah, silver bullets? Are these things werewolves? Ah well, hopefully they'll explain it.
A pretty good opener. I'm trying not to draw any conclusions because Rider shows always mutate into something totally different in the first few episodes. The action was really good. The magic feels like there are actual rules for it's use. I actually quite liked the belt and wizarswordgun (or whatever it's called). They're a bit too talky, but not as long-winded as some of the blade card combo attacks. I also like how it becomes just a belt buckle when un-transformed, rather than disappearing into thin air like with a lot of riders. The one bit I don't understand is why they need a flip-down visor on the ring?
I don't feel like there was anything in this episode that I haven't seen before in another toku somewhere (Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Kiva, Garo, even a bit of Magiranger - though that's really just because of the similar themes and because I'm currently watching it), but I liked the mix of things it had. If I had one complaint, I think that cycling through three of the four forms was unnecessary. We had more than enough with the right hand magic rings. Alternate forms don't seem as special when you start cycling through them straight away.
Overall, a big thumbs up. Not perfect, but certainly one of the more exciting opening episodes. I just hope when the rest of the cast are added next week we don't get any insufferably annoying people (I'm looking at you, guy in the green and orange!). I'd also like to see a continued police involvement, not because I want this series to be all grimdark but just because it was an interesting thing I'd like to see more of.