Kamen Rider Wizard, Ep 1 - "The Wizard Uses Rings"

Pretty decent first ep after the disaster that was Fourze.

Anyone else have a problem with a Rider using a gun so much and with so little apparent consequence?
 
I might have an additional reason to like Haruto.

He likes donuts like me.

I love guys who love donuts. A guy that loves donuts can't be a bad guy. :anime:

On the other side, I'm a bit surprised that Haruto summoned the Dragon Phantom in the first episode. I thought that they would reveal it in later episodes. I'm also curious how they will play it. As for now it seems to be feral and only focused in scaping from Haruto's Underworld. I don't know but it might have some sentience and it would interesting to see if they will work it like Shinji/Draggreder or Naruto/Kurama.
 
Really good premiere. That belt takes seriousness away from dramatic moment, but if the show stays on the right path, I can get passed it.
 
....And we already have a 4 MVs comparing Wizard to other series...These ones with the rock version of Mystic Force's theme and Magiranger's OP.

So far:
[HIDE][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-fLiKqDc0Q"]Mystic Force[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6g-uMdaDlg"]Madoka[/ame][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCdsvE7_UDo"]Mystic Force Rock[/ame] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngrlrYYSC0"]?????OP??????????????? - YouTube[/ame][/HIDE]

2 Mystic Force 1 Madoka 1 Magiranger.

There's probably more on NicoNicoDouga if I go look..
 
Last edited:
Okay, apparently I am the only one here who thought for a moment that Rinko's dad was Jinno from W :laugh:
When I first saw the little picture and the smile on his face, I was like "Wait... wth!?" :sly:

Would have been cool though....

Hmm... We know that W-Wizard take place in the same series. Megamax establishes that it can't be too far after the end of W, since Shoutaro and Philip don't look that much older, and Wizard can't be too far after Fourze, since Haruto doesn't look that much older.

Now, we know that there's a year gap between 48 and 49 of W, and I want to say that there was a time gap between 49 and Movie War Core, with a smaller gap before W Returns. So the "final" end of W was probably at least 1 1/2 to 2 years after the end of 48. OOO has to take place somewhere in that time gap, since OOO was already active (and therefore had already started, time-wise) in W Forever. OOO's finale showed Kengo and Yuki, but we don't know if they were first or second year students at the time. Since OOO doesn't have a solid timeline on how long it took, we can put Fourze starting at the same time as the W Returns movie. Since Fourze definitely ends at the start of September, a year later, this puts Fourze's end at roughly 2 1/2 to 3 years after episode 48 of W.

For Rinko, to get into the police force, assuming she went in right after high school, she'd have to be at least 19 when she got in (high school graduates have a year of training to join the force). Assuming that a detective (which Wikipedia has no info on) can be any officer, and she is stated to be a rookie, she would have been at least 16 when W was occurring.

Jinno is certainly old enough to be her dad, but since his family is nowhere to be found in W (and he seems to have no problems trying to flirt with females), he would've had to have been divorced from his wife/her mother. Assuming he moved out, rather than them leaving him, it's probably been at least a few years, since he's had problems with Shoutaro pre-series, so he's been in Fuuto at least 3-4 years at the start of W. Which would mean that Rinko would have been 12-13 when he left.

That's still old enough to remember and look up to her father, so I suppose it is possible.

((btw, from my research into the way Japanese police work, Terui Ryuu has to be at least 24, and that's assuming he got special treatment due to his father))
 
The comedy was toned way down to the point that it supplemented the plot instead of overruling it. Surprisingly, I found myself chuckling a few times through the episode. That's something that hasn't happened in Rider for a long time.

If one more person posts about how awesome Wizard is because it's not funny, I'm going to put my head through the nearest wall.


Haruto strikes me as... a real person, unlike Eiji and Gentaro's one-dimensional schtick.

Because of course a wizard Kamen Rider is totally realistic and should be presented as a real person :rolleyes2:


I might have an additional reason to like Haruto.

He likes donuts like me.

I love guys who love donuts. A guy that loves donuts can't be a bad guy. :anime:

I just got back from my local supermarket, and while I was at the next counter, about five people were queuing around the bakery counter for donuts. Normally no one does that. Obviously this is Wizard's doing :sweat:


I assume we didn't get an opening sequence because half the cast who will be in the sequence weren't in this episode.

There's only two that we know of: the donut van owner, and Shunpei. But it's reason enough to not debut the OP right away


Honestly there wasn't enough to give me a good reading of him, but if anything he strikes me as a younger version of Kouga from Garo.

Sadly he does not have a mansion or a butler. I think Rinko is getting the short end of the stick here
 
yeah...Overtime doesn't really take it's time making the subs. But for what's it's worth it's decent for a sub that comes out in 24 hours...

That's funny, because I find their translations to be far superior to Nihon's. I mean really, "Space Time" somehow turned into "Space is Awesome." I know that things can be translated multiple ways, but there is a big difference in the context there. Awesome and Time have two completely different meanings.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top