Hentailover
Lurker
I like how people say that "newer talking belts are so obviously toys". Every single belt, even Ichigo is so blatantly a toy there no further grade. No I am dead serious it is not even an opinion. Every single rider belt is SO OBVIOUSLY A TOY none of them are more or less obvious because they are in the infinity grade of obvious so high, that there cannot be any difference between each. It's like saying that One explosion that blows up entire universe is bigger than other. They are so big, that differences don't matter
Now to be serious: I honestly don't understand what the problem with it being like a toy. How can you watch Tokusatsu if that bothers you even in the slightest? I've been watching Gokaigers alongside one kid and he went "Their swords are plastic"... Heck, super sentai has 50% of battle looking like two kids playing their transformers toys in the sandbox.
The only weapon in entire Heisei era of Kamen Rider that at least tried to look like a weapon was Agito's flame form sword. And even that is not successful.
Thinking that sounds are obnoxious? I understand. I found them amusing and catchy and fun in a very cheesy kind of way, but I still can understand. Some people are more invested in sound and stupid sounds take them out of the mood. I treat show and belt sounds as a completely separate entity, so no matter how they sound, it doesn't affect anything in the show for me, but I still can understand that.
But being like a toy? Seriously how come you all guys worship Super Sentai and I can barely watch it, yet belt in Kamen Rider Wizard is fine with me, but you can't stand the belt... Yellow shovel thingie from Boukengers as a weapon! Mandragora and in fact every single mascot! Giant toy transformer rip offs slowly and awkwardly slapping each other around! Yeah, that's all amazing, Rider belt being a toy... BETRAYAL!
Now to be serious: I honestly don't understand what the problem with it being like a toy. How can you watch Tokusatsu if that bothers you even in the slightest? I've been watching Gokaigers alongside one kid and he went "Their swords are plastic"... Heck, super sentai has 50% of battle looking like two kids playing their transformers toys in the sandbox.
The only weapon in entire Heisei era of Kamen Rider that at least tried to look like a weapon was Agito's flame form sword. And even that is not successful.
Thinking that sounds are obnoxious? I understand. I found them amusing and catchy and fun in a very cheesy kind of way, but I still can understand. Some people are more invested in sound and stupid sounds take them out of the mood. I treat show and belt sounds as a completely separate entity, so no matter how they sound, it doesn't affect anything in the show for me, but I still can understand that.
But being like a toy? Seriously how come you all guys worship Super Sentai and I can barely watch it, yet belt in Kamen Rider Wizard is fine with me, but you can't stand the belt... Yellow shovel thingie from Boukengers as a weapon! Mandragora and in fact every single mascot! Giant toy transformer rip offs slowly and awkwardly slapping each other around! Yeah, that's all amazing, Rider belt being a toy... BETRAYAL!