Don't! Get! Eliminated!
nSe9Thj.png

It's been discussed, considered and even argued at times...but who do you prefer: Super Sentai or Kamen Rider?

It's franchise vs. franchise here. Take into account Showa era riders? Only rate the current "state of the shows"? Either way Super Sentai and Kamen Rider both stir up different kinds of feelings in toku fans all over. If you had to pick just one to side up with though...who and why?

You all know me...I say Go go, rider kick all the way.

Last edited:
I'm going with Kamen Rider, but if I go over the score card of which series I enjoyed.... I think each franchise is damn near neck and neck.

Actually I may have enjoyed more Super Sentai series than I have Kamen Rider series.

Super Sentai and Power Rangers outweigh the amount of episodes and series that I've enjoyed compared to Kamen Rider, but I really hate the giant mechs and love the darker tone Kamen Rider uuuuuuuusually has.

****........ I think I might want to change my vote now that I think of it. :sly:

闇 戦士
I have to go with Kamen Rider. But like Keith said I have enjoyed more Sentai shows than Kamen Rider. But there has been way more Sentai shows than Kamen Rider due to their little hiatus after Kamen Rider Black. Sentai on the other hand has never taken any time off.

But even though I have enjoyed more Sentai shows. Kamen Rider is still the best. HENSHIN all the way!!!!:castlerock:

Last edited:
Siding with Kamen Rider. Riders, in my opinion, tend to have much deeper and character-driven stories than their Sentai counterparts. Plus, the closest Kamen Riders I've seen that I would label "bland" are Kiva and OOO, but even those shows still tried some interesting things. On the other hand, I have seen quite a few Sentai that are so bland and uninspired (Gaoranger, what I've seen of Goseiger, the first half of Go-Busters, Kyoryuger so far) that I can't help but feel they play it far too safe compared to the more experimental KR franchise.

Join me....Cloud.
This is a hard one after just watching Gokaigers. That series has me floating on air right now, and Wizard just doesn't have the magic Gokaigers had. W is the closest thing I can think of to compare Gokaigers too. So I will have to say I vote for both. Both series of had some homeruns, and both have swung at the ball and hit themselves in the face with the bat.

Very hard choice, but I think I have to choose Sentai for this. But There are plenty of good Kamen Rider shows so I would rather choose both.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Imo, both are kinda reduced in last few years. I enjoy neither Kamen Rider nor Super Sentai same way I did it with 90-00s time. If I had to decide prior to Gokaiger, I would definitely say Kamen Rider, but Gokaiger and Go-Busters were much better than OOO and Fourze.

Still, I think that Kamen Rider is overally better.

I love both franchises. But I'll go with Sentai. Sentai has had a far bigger number of favorite seasons for me. Kamen Rider, just a small handful of shows. Plus, Kamen Rider had a lot more really bad seasons than Sentai has had for me.

nice shot of the SH Figuarts! :thumbs: anyways, I've always been a fan of Sentai and I guess that comes from growing up watching its American counterpart though I did watch bits of Flashman and Jetman as a kid (it aired over here back in the day).

now that doesn't mean I think "Sentai is better than Kamen Rider!!!111oneone" or something. it's just... I can't really get into KR even if I try. in fact, I haven't been watching any of the series except for Blade, Kabuto, Kiva and Decade (minus its movies).