Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors Thread 2: Suffering Incoming

As for why the movie is in July... Well, the teaser on the site just says July 19th is for a roadshow, so I dunno if that can be labeled as the movie date, can it? Is the roadshow when they have press conferences about the movie?
 
As for why the movie is in July... Well, the teaser on the site just says July 19th is for a roadshow, so I dunno if that can be labeled as the movie date, can it? Is the roadshow when they have press conferences about the movie?

Roadshow is "Japanese" for premiere date.
 
Ah, right. In that case... July 19th isn't really that far off from the usual date.

In fact, looking at the last few movies, they've premiered sooner and sooner. OOO was August 6th, Fourze was 4th, and Wizard was 3rd. I think the fact they air alongside the last bit of the show might just be coincidence given the shows wind down around that time.
 
Ah, right. In that case... July 19th isn't really that far off from the usual date.

In fact, looking at the last few movies, they've premiered sooner and sooner. OOO was August 6th, Fourze was 4th, and Wizard was 3rd. I think the fact they air alongside the last bit of the show might just be coincidence given the shows wind down around that time.

Errrrr, those are the exact same weekends. 2012 was a leap year hence the jump from the 6th to the 4th.

If today is March 29th, this Saturday a year from now will be Saturday, March the 28th, 2015.
 
I don't quite understand why it's assumed Gaim will be shorter because Wizard had a couple more episodes, it's not like two episodes is really going throw off that much. Decade was only 30-ish and that didn't result in W being... 70 episodes long as a result.

Because the premieres for the new shows since Double are always scheduled for the first week of September. With exception to Gaim since they weren't ready, which then had Toei putting Wizard into over time and topping up with 53 episodes. Several of those Wizard episodes ate into Gaim's episode count as did this special we just had, which is why they only have 22 episodes left. It's roughly the number of weeks remaining until the first week of September, which will be when the new Rider premieres.
 
Last edited:
Technically, Wizard was still only 51 episodes. I don't actually count those other two episodes as legitimate Wizard episodes, but more like specials the same way TimeRanger's 51st is and Black's 52nd episode.

As for Gaim, given that Psycho Pass 2 begins in Oct, I'm pretty sure Gen will be done with the show by mid Sept, which means the final episodes will air probably the last weekend of Sept, giving us 48 episodes. I doubt they would end the show with 45 episodes even though that would be awesome given it is the highest selling KR series of all time in terms of toys.
 
Maybe the early movie is happening due to the show reusing some movie props, like Wizard did? It seems like Gaim really could use a final set of extra lockseeds fir the final arc, which could all be reused from the movie.

I don't quite understand why it's assumed Gaim will be shorter because Wizard had a couple more episodes, it's not like two episodes is really going throw off that much. Decade was only 30-ish and that didn't result in W being... 70 episodes long as a result.

I think all that's going to happen is Gaim will end around mid October and the next show will begin the next week. Unless there's some officially stated logic to how they handle episode counts that leads to this speculation.

Wizard had 4 extra episodes, not just the 2 crossover ones. The Rider series usually start in September, and yet Wizard got to run through all of September, with Gaim only starting in October. The only way Gaim won't have a shortened run is if they're moving the series start dates to October permanently, which to be fair, could happen if Gaim's sales really are as high as Bandai advertised them to be.
 
As for Gaim, given that Psycho Pass 2 begins in Oct, I'm pretty sure Gen will be done with the show by mid Sept, which means the final episodes will air probably the last weekend of Sept, giving us 48 episodes. I doubt they would end the show with 45 episodes even though that would be awesome given it is the highest selling KR series of all time in terms of toys.

Anime writing is done much more in advance because of the length of time for the animation process. He likely finished any writing for that show before he even started on Gaim. For example in Madoka he has said he did the writing between 2008-2009 and the show premiered in 2011. In contrast to Gaim, which he has said he is only about two or three months ahead of the audience for the scripts, which ironically makes Gaim more recent than Psycho-Pass 2.
 
Last edited:
One could wish that Gaim was successful enough for Bandai to ask for a second season.
But we know that would never happen. :disappoin

I am perfectly fine if the show only gets 45 episodes. Look at how fast the plot moved in just 15 episodes. Even with a lower episode count, I do not expect Gaim to get a rushed ending
 
As much as I am loving the show thus far, I wouldn't want a sequel season. Better to let the show come to a naturally planned conclusion and leave it at that than to go on and potentially make a relatively contrived plot for a second season that given probable odds, would have little reason to exist.

I'm not very fussed about the lower episode count for this show. So far not a single episode has been utterly wasted and they've all carried the story along in varying degrees. Better to have a well-paced, tighter-written show even with fewer episodes in number than to have a show with around 52 episodes or so, but most of which feature barely anything conducive to the main overarching plot.

Still plenty of time to wrap all the current plot threads up in a timely way, unless Urobuchi inexplicably decides/is forced to have a Fourze moment and do a "OH YEAH, LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE PRESENTERS" thing at the 11th hour.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top