Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 47 - "Transform! And to the Future" *FINALE*

And this was just made for Micchy's redemption moment with his brother and Kota. Which I didn't like in the first place, he should of died.
I thought it was nice that Kouta's faith in him wasn't entirely misplaced.

It's a more wistful ending than Double's, for sure, but as an epilogue episode to tie up all the character arcs I think it did a great job. The show had a different conclusion but I think they both hit the correct note for their series and in both cases the lead Rider (Shotaro/Kouta) was ultimately proved correct in their beliefs.
W was going to have a good ending, until they revived Philip for crossovers, which is ironic because Suda hates Kamen Rider.
I don't recall him ever saying that? He's mentioned that he wanted to play some more masculine roles and felt Philip didn't fit with that. Of course it was then immediately announced that he was playing a man disguising himself as a woman for the Princess Jellyfish movie. :sweat: He's really skyrocketed since doing Double though. TBH he probably just has loads of offers that come attached to a much larger paycheck than Toei would ever pay him for another glorified cameo as Philip. The "do it for the fans" argument doesn't hold much water either; The audience turnover for Rider is quick enough that most of the kids watching Gaim every Sunday morning will have gotten into Kamen Rider since Double finished airing.
 
That can still happen in the next Movie Wars, and it most likely will...
So long as they bother with one, and don't just follow the way OOO tried to completely handwave it with "he's come back in time from a point after his resurrection...why no we don't want to explain how that happened..." :shakefist
 
Killing Micchy would have been completely counter to the themes of the show and I liked that they stayed away from the typical toku trope of anyone who does something even remotely bad needing to die to atone for their sins. Instead, he made mistakes, felt guilty, tried to put things right and moved on. You know, the same as most people growing up (even if most of us don't literally shoot our friends in the back, it can be taken metaphorically).

It would have been nice to see a bit more Jonouchi (he couldn't have at least taken out some of the mooks?) and I think the final fight would have been a better more meaningful without god-mode Kouta helping out, but it was really a solid finale.

Seeing as how Jounouchi was utterly pointless in the entire series, he had enough screen time in the final fight.
 
I really liked this episode. I get that it was meant as more of a closure episode rather than a "finale," but we knew that going in, so it shouldn't be held against it. I admit, I wasn't sure what was going to happen here, but Kaito getting resolution while the story sticking to its guns was a nice surprise, and Micchy's end really won me over. I almost have to wonder if the real Kamen Rider who was born from this story was Micchy - part of me even was kind of hoping that we'd get a trailer at the end for a Kamen Rider Ryugen spinoff movie or something. The kid's really grown up through all of this, I think, and this was a nice conclusion for all of that. Takatora seems to be trying to mend things with him as well, and everyone's moving on. Great stuff.
 
So that's it. the most thrilling and exciting Kamen Rider series in Neo-Heisei era finally pull down the curtain. And it is not a disappointing one considering it is considered as a closure ep. Mitsuzane has finally accept what Kouta's been yelling to him throughout the series. And he finally has gone from the manipulative kid that doesn't hesitate to thrash his compatriot Peco (of course Peco still helds a grudge....but still) into becoming someone that hesitates to deal a finishing blow to an innocent human that got dragged into the mess.

Somehow I got a huge vibe of The Dark Knight Rises from this ep, except this was elaborated. Mitsuzane has the same vibe as John Blake, only Urobuchi wants to take another road with the story.

I got a feeling there's gonna be 2 ways for Toei to bring back all Riders back. Either through Kouta's god-like power that already transcended his ability to repair Kachidoki Lockseed, or by Takatora's words, rebuilding the Sengoku Driver through Ryoma's old blueprints. As for Kaito.... Come on. We already get a white Sentai members who's already dead, but being brought back for the team-up episode. It will obviously be played again.:shakefist
 
Damn you Jounouchi for robbing us of the chance of seeing Takatora kick ass as Kurokage! :shakefist

Other than that, I only really had one problem with this episode, as well as the one before it.
They make it sound like Micchy did the things he did because he was manipulated by the Overlords.
But they seem to forget that he was being a psycho even before he even knew that the Overlords existed.

He wanted to kill Kouta simply because he didn't do what he said.
And now they expect us to be believe that he was a victim?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top