Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 46 - "The Fated Victor"

Well, that wasn't the finale for sure.

It would have made an okay one though.

I just don't like how abrupt the ending was. Could work on some level, cause it does leave a sense of hope (which Takatora symbolizes). But regardless, I feel like it needs that one more episode to really finish things off.

Maybe that's why Urobuchi got another writer to do it. He wanted to end like in this episode, but then realized that he didn't but didn't have any ideas for an epilogue.
 
Was it explained

[HIDE]what happened to Takatora? i.e. was he found? How long has Micchy known about him? Was Micchy aware the whole time that Takatora was alive and his visions of Takatora were just his own conscience?[/HIDE]

I believe Takatora was found swept up on the coast of somewhere. He had severe brain damage, so the chances of him surviving were very slim. This part of the episode is 3 months later, so I'm sure Mitchi was able to figure out troll-Takatora was a vision.
 
I believe Takatora was found swept up on the coast of somewhere. He had severe brain damage, so the chances of him surviving were very slim. This part of the episode is 3 months later, so I'm sure Mitchi was able to figure out troll-Takatora was a vision.

So why is he now OK and has all his brain function? Did God!Kouta magically heal him or what?
 
So why is he now OK and has all his brain function? Did God!Kouta magically heal him or what?

Yep, Kouta meets Takatora in what I assume is like what Alt. Mai does to talk to Kaito and Kouta and asks Takatora a favour - to help Mitchi and show him a path to free him of his guilt and pain. Takatora agrees, and then awakens in the real world.
 
You know, at the end of the day, I have no idea what to think of this episode.

It was awesome that the possible future and present battle aligned and the cinematography that contrasted Banana Baron vs Orange Gaim to Lord vs Kiwami was excellent. A great fight with lots of awesome Kiwami attacks but I felt like Kaito went down too easily (though it was cool that he killed him with his own weapon).

And Kouta becomes the man of the beginning? Anywho, Kurokage/Kiwami/Yuuya arm's solution to the Invess doesn't really solve anything. Yes, the Invess are gone and as long as Mai and Kouta are on this random planet in the middle of nowhere, Earth is safe. But Sagara is gonna continue the cycle, as seen with him and the alien planet (weird CG aliens Toei). So this doesn't solve the Sagara issue at all.

The 3 months later stuff was really good though. Jonouchi posting a missing person's sign for Hase was just heartwrenching. Holy moly, the feels. And Zack is still alive and everyone is dancing and happy. The way Mitchi is so closed in makes me feel like the finale will be an episode to give him a happy ending.

And I'm so glad Takatora is alive. It was a good way to bring him back IMO.

So at the end of the day, I liked this episode's latter part a lot but the former? Still iffy.

Also why are the energy Riders in the opening now of all times? A little late Toei xD
 
Last edited:
So this doesn't solve the Sagara issue at all.

Sagara is a multi-dimensional eldritch horror that exists to give power to species and help them evolve. He's a force of nature, you can't "resolve" or stop those. You'd have an easier time removing the evil from the heart of man.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top