Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 39 - "The Deadly Tower Break-In Strategy!"

I just have to wonder what his agenda is. At this point in the series, I can't imagine him being able to make much of a comeback unless he thinks he can somehow use his precious data to win Redue or the king over.

I'm pretty sure his data is meant to make more upgrades for himself, like the ones he showed in the most recent battle. Ryoma is all about increasing his personal power, after all. And he wanted to see Kiwami in action to get new data.

And as I said, they've already said Kaito's popularity has effected them in that he got Lemon Energy Arms. Think of everything that resulted from Kaito having that power boost - that very well may not have been in the original script at all, or at least to the extent it's been thanks to the quick jump in power there.

Personally, like I've mentioned in previous posts, I think Lemon Energy arms pretty much doesn't exist in Urobuchi's script, aside from its own debut. Banana Baron could easily defeat Grape Ryugen, and yet Lemon Baron could only draw with Micchy as Zangetsu Shin (when he attacked Kouta in an empty warehouse, in his first battle as Zangetsu). Wouldn't that make much more sense if Micchy had a superior belt?

Then a few episodes later, when Kaito loses his Genesis Driver, he acts like he couldn't transform again without picking it up, ignoring the Sengoku Driver. Aside from that, in the overlord battles, he has mostly acted in support roles. The one victory that seems like he'd need the Genesis Driver (when he teamed up with Knuckle and actually forced Demushu's retreat) kind of loses some of the impact when Knuckle was just there doing just as good as Baron, and with a weaker lockseed than even Banana.

Even Lemon's own debut is kind of odd - Ryoma analyses and is disappointed by Kaito's potential, after he is trashed by Demushu, and yet giving him Kaito a stronger belt somehow makes Ryoma reevaluate him (something that hasn't been mentioned at all after that episode too...)?

From my point of view, nothing Kaito has done in Urobuchi's episodes, aside from Lemon's own debut, would really require an Energy lockseed and almost all scenes could work just as well with Banana, or Banana -> Mango when he does the "belt switch".
 
Last edited:
I think you are clearly buying too much into the OP. It's very clear the person who made the OP for Gaim were not privy to most of Urobuchi's plans and made it reflecting what was already known in the first 15 or so episodes. The Ryugen and Zangetsu Shin appearing after Baron and Gaim even after Micchy has taken his brother's belt really shows that the OP isn't a reflection of the circumstances that is occuring in Gaim. It's like in Fourze's OP how Gaimu was shown above the twelve horoscopes in the OP, but it later turns out he is ONE of them.
You mean Gamou? I don't think that's exactly a fair comparison. He was still in charge of them, and doing anything else would kind of be giving away a pretty big plot point.

And what you're suggesting is certainly possible too, but it doesn't disprove what I'm suggesting either. You say it's clear that the OP was made based on the early episodes - what if, rather than the person wasn't privy to the later plans, that's just simply what the plans were at that time?

He wants the Golden Fruit. Like Kaito he wants power, but discards friendship in his quest for it.
Well, I get that much, but it's the plan he has to get it that I'm referring to.

NeonZ said:
Personally, like I've mentioned in previous posts, I think Lemon Energy arms pretty much doesn't exist in Urobuchi's script, aside from its own debut. Banana Baron could easily defeat Grape Ryugen, and yet Lemon Baron could only draw with Micchy as Zangetsu Shin (when he attacked Kouta in an empty warehouse, in his first battle as Zangetsu). Wouldn't that make much more sense if Micchy had a superior belt?

Then a few episodes later, when Kaito loses his Genesis Driver, he acts like he couldn't transform again without picking it up, ignoring the Sengoku Driver. Aside from that, in the overlord battles, he has mostly acted in support roles. The one victory that seems like he'd need the Genesis Driver (when he teamed up with Knuckle and actually forced Demushu's retreat) kind of loses some of the impact when Knuckle was just there doing just as good as Baron, and with a weaker lockseed than even Banana.

Even Lemon's own debut is kind of odd - Ryoma analyses and is disappointed by Kaito's potential, after he is trashed by Demushu, and yet giving him Kaito a stronger belt somehow makes Ryoma reevaluate him (something that hasn't been mentioned at all after that episode too...)?

From my point of view, nothing Kaito has done in Urobuchi's episodes, aside from Lemon's own debut, would really require an Energy lockseed and almost all scenes could work just as well with Banana, or Banana -> Mango when he does the "belt switch".
I don't know - there have been a few times, I think, when it's clear to me Kaito's got a leg up on the other Riders for having that belt rather than a Sengoku one.

I'm not saying the Lemon Energy Arms changed everything - your examples could very well be things left over from the original plan, but there have been quite a few times where Kaito himself makes a point of saying the Genesis Driver has improved his abilities and how he couldn't have done such and such without it, as I recall.

As for the forgetting his other belt thing, well the way I see that is more how writers have Riders just... do that for the sake of a scene. I mean, look at how often Kouta still starts in Orange Arms despite having so many "higher" forms than it.

Certainly, scenes could work just as well if written that way, but they weren't - but maybe I'm wrong. It's possible. As I said, it's just an idea. Even so, it's still an undeniable fact that because Kaito was popular, the story was altered to introduce this new form for him. If nothing else, that shows that some changes have occurred, and lends to the possibility of others, which is ultimately my main point. You're right, the extent of those changes may be much less than I suspect, but on the other hand, we've all seen how a show can change over its run. Plus, the fact Jounouchi's yet to live up to his "favorite" thing (however it was said) might mean something too.
 
I don't know - there have been a few times, I think, when it's clear to me Kaito's got a leg up on the other Riders for having that belt rather than a Sengoku one.

I'm not saying the Lemon Energy Arms changed everything - your examples could very well be things left over from the original plan, but there have been quite a few times where Kaito himself makes a point of saying the Genesis Driver has improved his abilities and how he couldn't have done such and such without it, as I recall.

The only time Kaito having a Genesis Driver has been specifically referenced in the dialogue after Lemon Baron's debut itself was during his battle against Sid. Although, even there, he turns around the battle with Banana by itself before changing to Lemon... and then after using Lemon the battle just goes nowhere. The flow just doesn't make much sense.

Even so, it's still an undeniable fact that because Kaito was popular, the story was altered to introduce this new form for him. If nothing else, that shows that some changes have occurred, and lends to the possibility of others, which is ultimately my main point. You're right, the extent of those changes may be much less than I suspect, but on the other hand, we've all seen how a show can change over its run. Plus, the fact Jounouchi's yet to live up to his "favorite" thing (however it was said) might mean something too.

That could just have been referencing his role in the first arc, the trickster cowardly character. Maybe they thought that'd be more appealing to older audiences than the more standard types of the other characters. Kaito has always been the second highest billed character in the show though. So, I don't think there could be a scenario where his role was smaller.
 
Personally, like I've mentioned in previous posts, I think Lemon Energy arms pretty much doesn't exist in Urobuchi's script, aside from its own debut. Banana Baron could easily defeat Grape Ryugen, and yet Lemon Baron could only draw with Micchy as Zangetsu Shin (when he attacked Kouta in an empty warehouse, in his first battle as Zangetsu). Wouldn't that make much more sense if Micchy had a superior belt?

I think you have shown quite well that Baron Lemon Energy is not in the same league as Zangetsu Shin or Duke, but I don't think think Urobuchi is writing him as if he has no energy upgrade. The fact that he was able to destroy one of the Suika mechs this episode demonstrates imo that there was a noticeable power difference between say regular Baron and Lemon Energy Baron.

Rather I think Urobuchi isn't writing Baron Lemon Energy Arms on the same powel level as Duke or Zangetsu Shin, but on the same level as say Jinba Lemon or Marika. If you look at the fights, he and Jinba Lemon are pretty much are on the same level in the fight they have against Demushu and Siguard and then later Demushu alone. Likewise the lower power levels than compared to Duke or Zangetsu Shin would be why he would need backup from Knuckles or why he can still act as backup and a second for Kiwami.

I have no explanation for why he didn't change into regular Baron after having his Genesis Driver knocked out of his hand. Perhaps the setup we saw was different from what Urobuchi had in his script or maybe Uroubuchi just plain forgot.
 
Last edited:
You mean Gamou? I don't think that's exactly a fair comparison. He was still in charge of them, and doing anything else would kind of be giving away a pretty big plot point.

I'm referring to the Fourze OP. He is shown here above the 12 Horoscopes.

http://i.imgur.com/xZ1ey.jpg

Something we know now is clearly a contradiction of what eventually happens in Fourze and which demonstrates the OP and whoever is making it isn't a guidepost for future plot points.

And what you're suggesting is certainly possible too, but it doesn't disprove what I'm suggesting either. You say it's clear that the OP was made based on the early episodes - what if, rather than the person wasn't privy to the later plans, that's just simply what the plans were at that time?

Why would the person making the OP even be given the details of the entire story for Gaim? Even Micchy's actor wasn't given the exact details of his character's fate other than that he would turn evil (which everyone knew). And Urobuchi has said before he plotted out the characters and their fates before hand. Your assertions seem to fly in the face of everything we know.
 
OH, these constant break interruptions between episodes is getting very annoying. Why couldn't they choose to do these crossovers and breaks during a non-story driven Kamen Rider series? I don't want to wait until next week for the next episode as this show has already had enough stalls. JUST FINISH THE GOD DAMN SERIES ALREADY!!!! Take your stupid breaks before Drive premiers.
 
I'm referring to the Fourze OP. He is shown here above the 12 Horoscopes.

http://i.imgur.com/xZ1ey.jpg

Something we know now is clearly a contradiction of what eventually happens in Fourze and which demonstrates the OP and whoever is making it isn't a guidepost for future plot points.
I knew what you were referring to and already explained why that was likely what it was. They wouldn't just spoil that plot point/twist like that. Gamou acted as the commander of the Zodiarts, so that image actually works fine for his role in the story.

Why would the person making the OP even be given the details of the entire story for Gaim? Even Micchy's actor wasn't given the exact details of his character's fate other than that he would turn evil (which everyone knew). And Urobuchi has said before he plotted out the characters and their fates before hand. Your assertions seem to fly in the face of everything we know.
Based on what? What is it that we know that makes what I'm simply theorizing so clearly wrong?

In any case, I'm not saying that the person making the OP would be necessarily given the details on the entire story one way or the other. They could have had a general idea too, like Micchy. However, even the "general story," whatever it was at that point, may not necessarily be now what it was going to be then. That's all I'm saying. It's not like there have never been shows that have had changes that still end up being fantastic shows. I'm not saying any of this in a negative way, just that it could have happened.

For instance, it's a known fact that Miles Edgeworth in the Phoenix Wright series was going to have a very different role, but based on his popularity, the character Franziska von Karma was created for the express purpose of taking over his original role. The PW games are still all great games, and if you didn't know this, you might never suspect it was the case because it was so well done in the games. Who's to say something like that couldn't have happened here based on Kaito's popularity?
 
The newest scans indicate that Kaito is going to...

[hide]eat a Helheim fruit after being defeated by Duke.

This just seems like a very natural development for his character. I really can't see it being something done to him due to his popularity. Even the soccer episode, that obviously was Kaito centered due to his popularity, was about how much more Kouta has grown in power compared to him.

I just can't see a point where his character's overall direction changed, if even in spite of that extra upgrade the series is still calling him out as being too weak.[/hide]

Regarding the absence of the other Mai, the only thing she did in her tv show appearances was basically telling people that they could still turn back and avoid their fates by running away. After the characters went through their points of no return though, her words would be basically meaningless.

Personally, I think the opening is referencing only events within the first arc. That's why Zangetsu has such a big presence, not Zangetsu Shin, the dance teams are prominently featured, even though it was known from the beginning that their presence would be quickly reduced, Kouta screaming to stop himself (referencing his first battle). Micchy going after Takatora and being stopped by a wall, while Zangetsu attacks Ryugen can be entirely covered by the events of the first arc too. The other Mai's presence also would line up with her bigger role in the first arc, where she made most of her appearances in the show.

However, if you want to believe that it might be foreshadowing even later stories, there's a detail in the Kaito/Another Mai scene that might be referencing a future event...

She's holding a Helheim fruit, while Kaito extends his hand with a gesture that indicates he's going to hold the fruit... which might actually be referencing the event indicating in the recent scans, rather than any relationship between Kaito and the other Mai.

Note though, that she pulls the fruit away, to herself. So, that scene could be just another reference to the first arc, where she gave warnings trying to keep people away from Helheim related matters.
 
I really hope that Kaito will somehow gain a true final form that can match Gaim Kiwaki and Ryugen Yomotsu. I can't sse how Kaito suppose to have a fair fight for the Golden Fruit with Kouta's variety of lockseeds if he doesn't get a SERIOUS upgrade. Baron Lemon Energy is great, but is was not supposed to happen at first, so I don't think it can be considered as a serious upgrade
 
I really hope that Kaito will somehow gain a true final form that can match Gaim Kiwaki and Ryugen Yomotsu. I can't sse how Kaito suppose to have a fair fight for the Golden Fruit with Kouta's variety of lockseeds if he doesn't get a SERIOUS upgrade. Baron Lemon Energy is great, but is was not supposed to happen at first, so I don't think it can be considered as a serious upgrade
I think we'd know if there were any more Rider Arms suits for Kaito pending, esp as we've heard about Micchi's extra form.

Supposedly both Kouta and Kaito are turning into OverLords. My guess is that Kouta will be a Blade/OOO style "changing internally but still looks human" thing, while Kaito will get an actual monster form.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top