Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 18 - "Farewell, Beat Riders"

Looks like we finally got that anti-smear campaign after all! But not without some resistance. :169:

--Nice ultimatum, Mai! Gotta make a choice. Either dancing or Inves! :)
--Oren keeping that villainous Hideyasu in line? That might be the only thing I actually like about him! I definitely approve. :coolshades:
--So, Kaito only cares about fighting Yggdrasil now... Figures. He's a power hungery, self absorbed kind of guy. What's the word that best suits guys like him? Hmm... I wanna say "Jerk" comes pretty close. :170:
--HA! High School Musical, eat your heart out! We've got dancers AND Kamen Riders, and they don't even need music to be cool! :D BTW, is it just me, or were they all over the place when they were trying to keep the beat? :eyebrow:
--Huh... Kaito passes off Team Baron to Zack. ...Am I suppose to be moved by this? I know I shouldn't, so why do I kind of like it? :sly: ... I wonder if Zack knows hip hop kido.
--Ooh, Duke wants you dead. Boss fight time! I guess Kouta will have to work his way up to Sid and Micchy's brother. :169:

Oren really got on my nerves today. He was worse than Kaito, really. But his plans really fell apart around him. The ending was kind of rushed, but it will be interesting to see how the Beat Riders keep the peace with the citizens now that they've won them back over. :) Also, anyone a little creeped out about Micchy not caring who he betrays to protect his city? This definitely will not go over well for Team Gaim's future...
 
You know one thing I realize while watching was the strange lockseed Kaito pick. It look like the futrue lockseed Kouta will have soon, you the upgraded orange arms and his second strongest form.

The seed had that same shape and was bigger then any other lockseed in the series. I think that lockseed could be Kaito's final kamen rider form

so what do you guys think about it the lockseed Kaito pick. I never seen any other lockseed like that in the series
Welcome to HJU. We hope you're enjoying Gaim.

I'm fairly sure it was just a Dandeliner lockseed, that summons one of those hoverbikes the Kurokage troopers use.
gridon.jpg
 
Gaim 18:

- I keep imagining it's Deneb narrating the story unseen.

- I like how it goes back and forth between Mai's proposal to the teams to Gaim fighting the monsters. Plus his "Yggdrasil won't get away with this!" is reminiscent of defying Shocker or Gorgom. Nice touch.

- So the pan hitting Jounouchi when he used the fake Lock is supposed to be literal now?

- How do these gangs even get their hangouts, I wonder? Do people just let them sit around in garages with cars?

- Oren should stick to televised demagoguery. Standing on top of a van doesn't cut it.

- Is there a definite system of what Helheim fruits turn into what Locks? It just seems randomized to me. Even the Dandeliner Locks are borne from the fruits? I though the Lock Vehicles were artificial.

- Why doesn't Kaito just tell Baron the real deal about the Invess and Yggdrasil? That way they could help him and he won't have to worry about being distracted by dancing.

- Now see, aren't Henshins much cooler without a constantly yapping belt?

- Are those the KR Girls in white? They look funny jumping around cheering.

- Are some of these dancers suit actors? They look a bit old to be high school/college kids.
 
-A very nice wrap-up of the Beat Riders storyline. The dance scene was very energetic (when they finally got it going after 3 false starts).
-Man, I'm loving how DJ Sagara is totally trolling Yggdrasill; specifically Takatora.
-We finally got our first good look at Kamen Rider Duke. Has it been confirmed yet that Duke is Ryouma? Because it's pretty obviously Ryouma.
-This was definitely a transition episode. Kouta and Kaito pretty much say good-bye to their childhood by leaving their teams, Micchy becomes more resolved in his new loyalty to Yggdrasill, Oren is finally put in his place, and Zack steps up and even fights alongside Gaim as Kamen Rider Knuckle (he's come a long way since his cheating ways in episode 1). Oh, what do you have planned next, Mr. Urobuchi?
 
I wonder how often Zack will appear... I like him a lot. I'm totally going to get a Walnut Lockseed!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top