Kamen Rider Fourze Discussion Thread 3! Masta Kita!!!!!

Hell no, let Tachibanana actually stay dead this time. >>

sIEXe.gif


"Me? Stay dead? Never!" :shakefist
 
Another awesome episode of Fourze!

- Overall, not much to say about Pisces. She had a nice design, a cool ability, and Ran being the Switcher was a nice twist. But in the end, with all the other Horoscopes out of the way, all Pisces was important for was being the final Horoscope. A plot device, I guess you could say. And personally, I kinda wish she had a trident which would've made her much more effective in combat than her swimming attacks. Actually, Pisces is supposed to have a trident in the movie... :eyebrow:

- But I definitely have a lot to say about Libra. For a character that was meant for 4-6 episodes, he certainly surprised everyone with how long he lasted in the show. Goes to show just how far being played by a former Rider can get you on a Kamen Rider show. Effectively becoming Fourze's rival after Sonoda got sent to the M-Bu... I mean Dark Nebula, Libra became much more important to the plot than I ever expected. Sure eventually his combat abilities became virtually nothing, and he became pretty much a joke to the new and higher up Horoscopes, but Hayami in all his smugness did more than Uva ever did. So all in all, I liked Libra. He may not have turned out to be the final villain, but he was a good villain nonetheless.

- I love how they dealt with the Sonoda is Scorpio reveal, something we all thought would be this big shocking event, with just Ohusgi being the only one acting shocked about it. Talk about playing with your expectations! :laugh:

- I'll admit that the action in Fourze hasn't been up to par with the Sakamoto directed episodes, but even so this episode still had some cool stuff. The combined Meteor and Fourze finisher with the Magnet Switch was nice, since we'll probably never get a proper Double Rider Kick in the actual show. And the Fourze vs Libra, and Meteor Vs Leo fights in a typhoon had an awesome atmosphere. Seeing Fourze beat on Libra in Base States, which was impossible before, was also awesome. All in all, the action wasn't half bad, but I'm excited for Sakamoto to come back and close off Fourze.

- Speaking of the end of Fourze, it's been a while since I've been really excited for a final fight. It helps that Gamou/Sagittarius has been really well established as a threat both physically and ideologically to Gentarou and the club. All his smugness, lines like "For someone like you to put an end to my ambition... it's simply impossible," and his insults to Gentarou's belief just get me fired up for when the two finally settling things one-on-one. Honestly, recent final fights in Rider have yet to really "wow" me, and I'm hoping Fourze can do that in spades. With 47 looking like setup, it's looking pretty likely 48 will be dedicated to Fourze and Sagittarius ending things once and for all which I'm perfectly fine with. Oh, there's also Meteor vs Leo but in the grand scheme of things the latter isn't that important.

- Can't wait next week for the truth of the Core Switch revealed, the Rabbit Hatch attacked, and Kengo as Fourze!?

Haha wow someone who has positive things to say about Libra. Am I the only one around who adores Libra's design? I love that he was fashioned after a monk with some sort of a straw-woven headgear. Love that the black body is made menacing by the lone red eye and the silver crystals. The horoscopes have totally rocking designs (even if their in-show characters didn't do the designs justice) and I'm so much a fan of Libra and Leo's designs that I pre-ordered their really expensive figuarts.

I'm disappointed that Libra didn't have physical powers relating to the nature of his horoscope... I was hoping he could have the ability to see through his opponent's weak points, maybe hit them at vital areas to cripple them, somehow reverse power scales in his favour and so on. I also thought there were many more ways he could have used his powers of illusion, teleportation, super speed (ep16) and the random lightning (16 again) and projectiles (33) he unleashed for just a short period of time. He only ever tipped the scales through his scheming, and his sabotaging of Kijima to the M-Bus was merely Virgo/Emoto/Tachibana's way of keeping things hushed for himself rather than an actual success of his evil manipulations. Plus, the only weak point he ever struck was Ryusei's crush on Tomoko in ep 31 when they fought in Subaraboshi... And how did he know there were developments between them anyway??

Oh well... Here's hoping the last two eps pan out well. Fourze ain't the deepest show in the KR series, but it has certainly been really entertaining.
 
Some thoughts about Hayami/ Libra:
On the whole, the guy seem to be a complete loser, but an arrogant one who wants to look down on others ; that's why he has been attracted by Gamou because Gamou was able to make him believe he's important:
- by becoming Libra, he's got a high hierarchic position in a big project, and as a result, is in a position of being other's mentor (and as a result, being the one who orders them); look how he makes his pupil Zodiarts call him "Master Libra" and the way he talks to Sonoda/ Scorpion; being also Amanogawa's principal also helps
- Generally speaking, he talks to others in a condescending way (except Gamou of course; he seeks more than anything Gamou's respect and approval), because as an Horoscope and as the principal, he has a sense of entitlement and superiority over others
However, in truth, he's a pawn and people who work with him know better
- he's despised by most of his fellow Horoscopes, regardless of their morality (evil Cancer, Leo and Aries; good Aquarius, and, likely, Virgo)
- Gamou has no real consideration with his sacrifice, seeing him as a mere pawn who was attracted by him, like a planet is attracted to a star, and certainly cares less about Libra's death, despite him being an ally, than Virgo's who has betrayed him; he certainly had much more respect for Emoto than for Hayami.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top