Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

He reminds me of TheBee for some reason.

It's probably the eyes and shoulder pads. Personally, I love the suit. The tire throws me off a bit, but I'm sure when we see it in action, it'll look better. The spoiler on the back of his head is a nice touch, since the suit and Trideron share a similar look and design.
 
I think it's a very safe suit design. It's not anything really unique, like Gaim's was, or especially cool like Wizard's was, but it looks nice. It won't take any time for me to get used to it, but looking at it, something feels a little too safe. I think it's better to have a suit that looks horrid at first, then once you get used to it, looks pretty cool, than a really kind of boring/generic suit that you get used to right away, but brings nothing to the table, nor looks extremely cool either. Falls in the same category as Agito and Den-O, maybe. Den-O did have a unique visor though.

Also, anyone else still wondering what the tires even do?

I don't think it's so much playing it safe as it is Toei going from a trend of innovative designs from W-Gaim, one getting more innovative after another, to a more simpler design early Heisei design. Reminds of Kyoryuger to ToQger, busy detailed designs to simpler classic designs. Alot of people have been comparing parts of him to Decade, TheBee, Sasword and Kiva and more. But general armor design wise, I think he looks more Kuuga-esque, plain black undersuit, red shin, forearm and torso armor, with knee armor.

And the tires are supposed to change form I believe, like a different tire gives him a different power, etc.

But you might be right considering this is the first time in over 40 years since the shows conception that the main vehicle is a car and I'm sure Toei is being innovative with other things in the show so playing it safe with suit isn't a horrible idea imo. :sweat:
 
Last edited:
If there's anything I'm not too fond of, it's that we have yet another Heisei Rider whose colors are black, red and silver. :laugh: But at least there's a lot of red which hasn't happened since Ryuki, as far as main Rider base forms.
 
I don't really like his eye(s), I feel like it would look better with 2 separate compound eyes. A friend of mine pointed out he has Sonic the Hedgehog eyes, which makes sense he's gotta go fast. Also, not really a fan of his spoilers but at least they're not the headlight ears that was shown in the fan art of Drive weeks ago.
 
The more simple suit could also be a sign that we are getting the bike action that everyone is hoping for.
Even W's suit, while being simple, was still full-body armor and not very stunt-friendly.
The Drive suit however looks like its very easy to manoeuvre in.
 
I don't really like his eye(s), I feel like it would look better with 2 separate compound eyes. A friend of mine pointed out he has Sonic the Hedgehog eyes, which makes sense he's gotta go fast. Also, not really a fan of his spoilers but at least they're not the headlight ears that was shown in the fan art of Drive weeks ago.
I'm glad it wasn't just me that saw 'Sonic eyes' on the picture of the toy. I think it's the angle the toy's head is at that makes it look very different. The mouthplate seems quite pronounced at that angle and my mind jumped to cerebus the aardvark. Then my mental image absorbed the red and the spoiler 'ears' and now all I can see is this:
1858402-spiderham.gif

Thankfully the actual suit doesn't resemble The Spectacular Spider-Ham. :sweat: More like a mix of TheBee and Sektor from Mortal Kombat. For me, more basic suits like this can be 50/50. Either they go into Agito "nothing really wrong with it but it just doesn't get my imagination going" mode or Kabuto "now that's a classic" mode. I'll have to see it in action to see which way it goes.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top