Kamen Rider Drive Episode 21-"What the Irregular Dead Speak About"

Even the actor portraying him looks like he's just phoning it now. "Well, I'll just stand here looking emotionless waving some pistol...then back to the recording room..."

Technically, he is in the role. He was quite emotional before Medic changed his coding, but he was still mostly emotionless. Now, he is just emotionless. Though Brain's interruption might change it. Considering he does a really good voice act, I don't think he is toning down the actual acting.

Anyway, this was quite a good episode. The plan was brilliant and quite unexpected (both for us and the characters). I like how Medic decided to bring Heart. It is quite logical considering Mach could have either escaped and assisted Shin, or, worse, defeat her. Next episode looks weird, though. I still don't see where they are taking Chase. I could easily see them pulling a fake-death, only for him to return later as a Kamen Rider, after deciding what he wants to protect. And it seems that Belt-san is hiding shift cars... Also, what exactly is the formula? A car or a big van? In the episode we see a formula car, but in the preview we see something like a van. Hmmm probably missed some scans.
 
Regarding Chase's acting or lack thereof, bear in mind that this is a character who explicitly does not know what a personality is ...
 
Finally! Some plot development! No, I'm not talking about the Chase arc, but about Gen finally getting a clear view of Drive!!!

I also like the call back to the previous episode with Kyu, but I have to call BS on Chase using Chaser using Burning Solar before Drive. I don't think Solar is being control, the little guy simply defected to the Roidmudes because he was deny his moment in the spotlight unlike all the other Shift Cars, and I can't blame him.
 
Lol this show is called "Kamen Rider Druve" but it's not about Drive.
It's like Ryuki all over again! :laugh:

Also, what exactly is the formula? A car or a big van? In the episode we see a formula car, but in the preview we see something like a van. Hmmm probably missed some scans.
Formula is a Formula One race car. However he has a big gun (similar to Gaim's DJ gun) that is styled after a semi truck with a trailer. As far as fitting the theme goes, I guess it's meant to be the race car's transporter or something?

It's another case of Kamen Rider trying to ride the coattails of something that's currently getting a lot of attention, as the new F1 season begins this coming weekend and Honda are re-entering the sport after a six year break. At least it fits the series a little better than trying to shoehorn soccer into Gaim. :shakefist
 
Well, at least this episode as better than the last several, not that that takes much. Too bad once again Mr Belt has a mcguffin up his ass he conveniently never told anyone aabout.
 
Drive 21:

- Is that a factory where Chase and Gen are? It looks like Joker's hideout in Arkham City.

- I wonder if that black bird that flew onto the scene during Medic's appearance was just a happy accident.

- Formula isn't as hideous as I thought now that I have a clearer look at it. But it's still an ugly costume.

Drive hasn't been that great with Rider suits. Chase is the only one that really looks good, and he's (as he is now, anyway) not even a Rider.
 
Yeah. I like Drive's main costume, and Wild is not bad, but they just keep getting worse with each incarnation with Technique looking like utter ****. One of the worst Rider costumes I have ever seen.
 
This was a good episode, except for one thing: Seriously? Again with the secrets? They better come up with a better reason than "it's too dangerous," otherwise I'll be VERY angry.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top