Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Set Sail! V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Many thanks.

The Boukenger tribute was a great episode. It's so much better than an episode of GoGo Sentai Boukenger.

I thought this Gokaiger episode seemed more "treasure-huntery," even if in a very quick and generic way, than most of the actual Boukenger episodes seemed. :laugh:

Why bring back Ryuuon, though? Why not Gaja? He survived the show, and his actor was another of the many Sentai actors who was in W, so...I thought he'd have popped up.

Zing on the comments of this episode being better than the actual series. :laugh: I personally liked Boukenger but it was also the first Sentai I watched in order, so take that as you will. I didn't see this episode yet, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. :)

As for Ryuuwon coming back instead for Gajha, who knows. The writers may've prefer Ryuuwon. Maybe the producers prefer Ryuuwon, either for his character or the fact he's played by a suit actor and voice actor, thus being cheaper (though not less awesome :castlerock:) than the human Gajah. Maybe the actor paying Gajah, Hiroo Otaka, couldn't find the time or wasn't interested. Just because Hiroo was in W doesn't mean he was able to guest on Gokaiger. It would've been cool for Gajah to make another appearance, but I'm in the camp of happy to see any villain come back.
 
Yeah, Gekiranger really got screwed big time.

Gekiranger screwed up big time? How about Abaranger, Zyuranger, and worst of all Timeranger? not only those three share their tribute in one episode, unlike every sentai series since Carranger (Megaranger will likely have episode 25, and Hurricanger and Go-onger will have one too, since the next additional mechas are a tribute to them) who have an individual tribute episode (Goseiger has the movie), they didn't even have a full change (instead, the only full change was Shinkenger), no music theme , the only Legend out of suit and with a speaking role was Abarekiller, and him, Timefire and Dragonranger appeared for less than two minutes. And after that, no allusion until the mechas appearances.
Ok, Gozyujin is amazing, but still.
 
Gekiranger screwed up big time? How about Abaranger, Zyuranger, and worst of all Timeranger? not only those three share their tribute in one episode, unlike every sentai series since Carranger (Megaranger will likely have episode 25, and Hurricanger and Go-onger will have one too, since the next additional mechas are a tribute to them) who have an individual tribute episode (Goseiger has the movie), they didn't even have a full change (instead, the only full change was Shinkenger), no music theme , the only Legend out of suit and with a speaking role was Abarekiller, and him, Timefire and Dragonranger appeared for less than two minutes. And after that, no allusion until the mechas appearances.
Ok, Gozyujin is amazing, but still.

True, but Gekiranger screwed up because it was the only NORMAL tribute episode that didn't use the original transformation or theme song.
 
Gekiranger screwed up big time? How about Abaranger, Zyuranger, and worst of all Timeranger? not only those three share their tribute in one episode, unlike every sentai series since Carranger (Megaranger will likely have episode 25, and Hurricanger and Go-onger will have one too, since the next additional mechas are a tribute to them) who have an individual tribute episode (Goseiger has the movie), they didn't even have a full change (instead, the only full change was Shinkenger), no music theme , the only Legend out of suit and with a speaking role was Abarekiller, and him, Timefire and Dragonranger appeared for less than two minutes. And after that, no allusion until the mechas appearances.
Ok, Gozyujin is amazing, but still.

Well, that is true. It could be the fact that they couldn't find any actors or actresses from those three sentai shows to come back for those tributes (besides Abarekiller, in which that character is dead).

Plus should there be a Gokaiger adaption, Saban would have to explain how the 6th ranger got his powers & how he got three 6th ranger mechas in a different way, since the american counterparts of Dragonranger, TimeFire, & AbareKiller never died in the PR versions of MMPR, Time Force, & Dino Thunder.

But like urugoji said, Gekiranger definitely got screwed over in their tribute episode because they didn't properly show off their normal henshin sequence, & didn't play the instrumental version of their opening theme like the other 7 tribute episodes did.
 
omg Gai asked for BoukenRed's autograph.. after the disaster that was Bullblack/Kuro Kishi last episode... ugh limit break.

anyway BoukenRed has never changed.. still as hot and sexy as ever and super awesome. i love how they changed the episode to a "bouken" quest premise... very nice :)
 
Plus should there be a Gokaiger adaption, Saban would have to explain how the 6th ranger got his powers & how he got three 6th ranger mechas in a different way, since the american counterparts of Dragonranger, TimeFire, & AbareKiller never died in the PR versions of MMPR, Time Force, & Dino Thunder.

Why is this a problem? Since Jason David Frank played one of them, and since PRDT establishes he has an assistant who knows her way around the Morphing Grid (and thus can tap in to Ranger powers), it won't take that much for the Gai equivalent to get a custom Ranger key along with a key guest star.
 
I want to add that I REALLY am honestly in love with Luka's actress. I've been noticing her all these while, and she adds so many nice mannerisms and facial expression that really brings "Luka" out perfectly... I think I enjoyed her acting the most out of the whole cast, with the worst being Gai's actor.
 
I want to add that I REALLY am honestly in love with Luka's actress. I've been noticing her all these while, and she adds so many nice mannerisms and facial expression that really brings "Luka" out perfectly... I think I enjoyed her acting the most out of the whole cast, with the worst being Gai's actor.

I agree; I think Luka edges out Marvelous if I have to pick one character as my absolute favorite in Gokaiger; she's just so interesting, and imo stole just about scene she's in even non-verbally. The way she slapped Bouken Red's hand away when he offered to help her was rather funny, and it shows that she doesn't take handouts from anyone. Hopefully we'll get another Luka-centric ep again.

I do hope Ahim will get more love in the future, though.
 
Gai's reaction in this part was funny...:laugh:
Gai: Let's go with the ninja *picks shurikenger*
All: Gokai change!
SHURIKENGER
KAKURANGER
Gai: eh????
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top