JDF Talks About Austin St. John on No Pink Spandex

I assume you meant ASJ, but how do you know? More importantly, who cares!?
You assume incorrectly. I meant JDF.

But, Inui.... hypocritical in the sense how he said martial artists aren't suppose to talk smack, yet he was kiiiinda talking smack?
 
This sucks.

Whether or not all of that is true, there's a thing called professionalism. There's no need to air all of this dirty laundry in public. At a bar at a con, ok, I can see that happening. On an official interview with a fan podcast, it's just over the top.
 
But, Inui.... hypocritical in the sense how he said martial artists aren't suppose to talk smack, yet he was kiiiinda talking smack?

Not to mention talking about not holding grudges, leaving the past in the past, being professional, the importance of hearing both sides of a story.

You assume incorrectly. I meant JDF.
Then I don't get what you mean. What things did JDF do that would be in question?
 
Well.. JDF was saying how ASJ said he's been in a bunch of tournaments and had contracts overseas and the such.

And JDF talked about the fights he's been in and training.

I was saying JDF actually has done the stuff he said he did.

Good call on the "hearing both sides of the story" tho.

Work's done, time to roll.
 
But, Inui.... hypocritical in the sense how he said martial artists aren't suppose to talk smack, yet he was kiiiinda talking smack?

Yeh, thats pretty much what I meant. After seeing that Ikkicon panel, I watched other cons that he's been in. And he does talk some smack when the subject of ASJ comes around. I do put some of that to the whole MMA thing, cuz you have to sorta talk smack to get the fans excited. And thats sorta what I see here. He wants the fight to happen for the publicity, which is good and well. But, talkin about things that happened behind the scenes when the guy isnt there just doesnt seem cool to me.

Then I don't get what you mean. What things did JDF do that would be in question?

I think what he was saying was that though JDF talks big about his MMA fights, so far, he's undefeated. Its amateur, but still. He's backing up his talk as far as his MMA career goes. And the one thing I find admirable about him from what I see on his FB account is that he talks to his fans regularly. So he isnt totally a bad guy. He just talks a lot.
 
^What you said, where as... I remember hearing about ASJ's overseas fights first hand, but.... you'd think there'd be some proof of it somewhere.

I'm not making any final calls, but.. yeah..... lotta stuff in there I'm not sure I wanted to hear.

Doubt we'll be seeing ASJ at a Morphicon ever again after that. And ASJ was the best thing I experienced at the Morphicon. Faaaaaaaarrr more approachable than JDF.
 
^What you said, where as... I remember hearing about ASJ's overseas fights first hand, but.... you'd think there'd be some proof of it somewhere.
They were probably small, not televised. Not heavily talked about. I don't think he ever implied they were in the first place, could be wrong though.


Doubt we'll be seeing ASJ at a Morphicon ever again after that. And ASJ was the best thing I experienced at the Morphicon. Faaaaaaaarrr more approachable than JDF.
That's at the heart of what worries me the most. JDF talks about how he's gonna get him on a panel and call him out and force his hand. If he keeps this up he's going to scare off other Rangers from wanting to appear at cons. When/If JDF actually starts discouraging other PR alum from attending conventions, someone's going to have to take a stand and tell him to back the hell off.


I think what he was saying was that though JDF talks big about his MMA fights, so far, he's undefeated. Its amateur, but still.
Oh, I don't question his fighting ability. I've watched a few youtube clips and he seems to be doing well.
 
Seems like people tend to go overboard due to nothing. Everything JDF said about Austin St. John sounds a lot like a few people that I've known in my life. People that talk big and fabricate stories to make themselves look larger than they really are. Usually it's not meant to be harmful to anyone else. It's just a lot of little white lies.

It's hardly fair for people on some forum to start labeling JDF a hypocrite, etc, considering that no one here has the same experience with Austin as he does. Meeting a person one time at a convention is not the same as working with them over several years.
 
Honestly, whether or not the allegations JDF made are true or not is irrelevant to whether or not he's being hypocritical in this interview. And oh, MAN, how he is.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top