Japan: it's not funny any more

BREAKING NEWS: Normal people live in Japan! People suck and rock everywhere! That is all!

The thing that those who have not been to Japan should really take from that article is this: Japan is not a land of milk and honey and perfection. It's just a land with people. People with a different culture, but they have their problems too. The same is true everywhere.
 
Some of ye is taking this article a tad too seriously. Did it come off a tad ignorant? Sure, but it's not worth the "NERD RAAAAAAAAAAAGE!"
 
I don't agree with you on a lot of things, but this I agree 100%. I enjoy Naruto Shippuden. IMO it would be incredibly lame to stop watching it just because there are a group of naruto fans that are stupid.

there are some fans out there that make me angry and ashame that I like Naruto, same goes for One Piece, Bleach, etc (I read a lot of manga...A LOT)

I enjoy every manga I read, and I try new ones, if I don't like it I stop reading it.

people take some stuff too seriously. and the way I see it, right now Dragon Ball Z is the father of Naruto, One Piece and Bleach.

Bad is in the eye of the beholder. Sure I think Chu-Bra sucks, but I am not going to lable ALL anime as crap.

Chu-Bra sucks, but its one series, out of hundreds.

I still think Manga is better than Anime, that's just me, I can read about 60-80 chapters in a day, while I can only watch 7-10 episodes in a day, and anime has too many fillers and useless talking that the manga does not have.

thank god for Dragon Ball Z Kai
 
BREAKING NEWS: Normal people live in Japan! People suck and rock everywhere! That is all!

The thing that those who have not been to Japan should really take from that article is this: Japan is not a land of milk and honey and perfection. It's just a land with people. People with a different culture, but they have their problems too. The same is true everywhere.

That isn't what you take from that article. What you take from it is some guy ranting about nonsense. Sorry to be rude, but how do you even come away with that?
 
there are some fans out there that make me angry and ashame that I like Naruto, same goes for One Piece, Bleach,

anime has too many fillers and useless talking that the manga does not have.

thank god for Dragon Ball Z Kai

Now don't you start making over blown generalizations yourself. Why should you be angry about some one else's problem? Just enjoy the shows you like. What others do or say or act is pointless to your enjoyment.
 
I meant to say that there are some fans out there that are too much, and they get mad when is not to their liking. I know this, I go to their forums to read spoilers.

I still enjoy Naruto and many other manga...I really don't care what complains they got towards Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, as long as the manga keeps me entertain.
 
After going through his article a little, just skimming through the longer parts, I don't agree with a lot of his points.

Mind you guys but the guy seems pretty smart. I looked up a short bio on him on the same website and I gave him some credit there from what I saw. That's my only respect I'll give him.

I don't know a lot about Japan. The times I was actually there was passing through connecting flights to Manila, Philippines. But after reading his 'little' rant and going through his bio, I think he should just move out of the area he is in or just get out of Japan.

If he has that many problem with the area he should just move. But of course he has a band so how can he promote them in smaller areas. He also wants to get a six figure job. Good luck with that. Hard to do in this day and age. He has problems with all the places serving meat products. Obviously there is nothing he can do about that sides keep finding places that aren't focused on animal products.

(I don't see a problem with that. It's kinda silly to complain about that)

I was born and raised in the early nineties and watched a majority of the nineties anime. DBZ to Initial D. The start of the Pokemon franchise. Hell the majority of us here were born in that era. Of course then came the 2000s and newer anime came out. Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, etc. I don't have problems with these shows (Only the stupid/rabid fan people). Obviously this guy has been on the streets seeing all the dojins, mangas, anime being sold under the harem category and such. It didn't start in recent years but so much more earlier than that. It has gotten more attention in recent times but it hasn't begun. Anime/manga isn't all like that as some of us here agree. There are some really good original japanese animation/manga in recent times, just have to look.

He has got issues with smoking where ever he goes. Well it IS Tokyo, one of the most congested cities in the world. Obviously smoking is going to be abundant. If that affects your little veggies that you grow then find another place (But this obviously contradicts your plans Mr. Rodgers?).

**** BE EXPENSIVE UP IN HERE

He has lived there for years now, the economy there is no walk in the park. Especially now with the economy in its state.

All the other things (Panchiko machines, Japanese movies, j-pop, the subjectivity, etc.) that his view and take but here is the thing...

The Japanese populous like and/or do those things for years. There is not much you can do sides talking to them about it (You'd probably get laughed at, be the target of someone's fist, or be ridiculed).

He wants to make his five year plan into reality? (Look at his bio) Then suck it up and get to it. Japan isn't all sunshine and rainbows that movies like The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift make it like. Its rough and its something he has to live with for the next few years.

Tim's Bio

This has got to be the longest post I've made, sorry guys :sweat:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top