Japan: it's not funny any more

I think Kai is a horrid series since it's pretty much raping and defiling one of my favorite anime's into something that panders to the lowest common denominator and is, if anything, insulting to Real fan's of the series.

Thats why i don't watch it. But that's only my opinion as a Hardcore DBZ fan.

Lmao, all Z ever did was yell and stare and each other, like really? XD
Kai is a good series cause it removes all that useless footage that they did with Z. Thats the main reason people like Kai. I mean hell, they finished the Vegeta arc in less than 10-20 eps I think.

And really, I prefer the manga :P

That "Useless" footage gave the series ambiance, weight, it made you sit there and take it all in.

What Kai does is take all that out and makes a plotline that should take 30-40 half-hours to compete and forces it to resolve in only 10, it makes it move too fast to really appreciate all the little things about the show, the interplay between the characters, the tension before a fight. just to name a few.

As for the Manga, never read it. But no Garlic Jr = no read for me. That guy owns.

Again, that's just what i think, my not buying the Kai DVD's when they come out won't make the guys at FUNimation sales lose sleep.

Isn't there a bomb at one point with a 2 minute timer that takes a season to go off? Kai honestly sounds like the best thing to happen to that series.

there is nothing bad with the anime, but Kai makes it better, is a manga you can watch for the first time, it follows the manga 100% or 99%, they killed Radits in 3 episodes and Vegeta 10-15, while the anime took about 2 disc to kill Radits and 7 disc to kill Vegeta.

the explotion on namek was when Freeza shoot his dead sphere into Namek after Goku went Super Saiya-Jin, took around 3-5 episodes I think, they kept switching on and off with the other characters and king-Kai saying "omg they will die" and stuff.

Kai is closer to the original (manga) and it goes straight to the point.

May 18 is the DVD and Blue-Ray release in the US

and by the way, I like both the regular one and Kai, but I like Kai more.
 
Kai is closer to the original (manga) and it goes straight to the point.

My only familiarity is with the manga. I started reading with "I'm Trunks and a time traveler, die space lizard" until the end "Boy i'm glad this space tournament is over." I really had no idea what was going on.
 
Like i said before, i've never read it, only seen the Ocean Group, and later, the FUNimation Dub's.

If i had read the Manga, i might have as different opinion of Kai. But i have no interest in doing so since i already know how everything goes down.

Long story short, I hate it, alot of other people like it. End of story.
 
On certain aspects I kinda agree with him because I see it really apparent in Asians over here and how they've adapted chinese, japanese (etc) culture in North America and it's really irritating..

I think a lot of people here are just crying out and dissing this guy's opinion because you all looovvee toku and other japanese things. And who wouldn't get defensive about the things you love?

:/ I'm also pretty curious to see how Igadevil responds to this..

The trouble there is...you're in North America. These cultures are foreign to you, so you (sort of) have a right to get irritated by them. He's in Japan. HE'S the foreigner. If it really bugs you...leave?

BTW. Z over Kai? GTFO. The Namek will explode arc is 12 episodes. I counted. Massive fail. I hope Kai does the whole thing rather than just the original two parts. Then I can forget DBZ ever existed and get the True animated version.
 
On certain aspects I kinda agree with him because I see it really apparent in Asians over here and how they've adapted chinese, japanese (etc) culture in North America and it's really irritating..

I think a lot of people here are just crying out and dissing this guy's opinion because you all looovvee toku and other japanese things. And who wouldn't get defensive about the things you love?

:/ I'm also pretty curious to see how Igadevil responds to this..

It's not because "we love anime/toku." In all those needlessly long paragraphs o'doom, the writer doesn't ever imagine that people's reactions to him might be because of something HE has done (& he does come across as pretty boorish in some places) or that the Japanese might find him just as annoying as he finds them. It's arrogant. People like him are the reason why white Americans (and other white westerners) are often not well regarded overseas.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top