Is it time for a totally non-white ranger team

But you're talking about a situation which really can't be fought against without destroying something which is essentially human. A friend of mine, in a conversation similar to this one, said "let's face facts and look the matter straight in the face: everybody is a bigot. all that matters is how much of a bigot are you?" Racism is continue until we all look the same, act the same and think the same, as soon as another characteristic is brought into play the attack will happen and we'll start carving out our faces with knives.
I don't mean that the solution is to pretend that race doesn't exist, but to admit to yourself and that everyone else actually admits they themselves are also bigoted on some level, maybe not as much as others but deep down they are. but that goes into a philosophy of mine about humanity, which I won't bore you with here for it's pretty depressing and I don't want to bore you to tears. Basically, you will never do anything unless it's for your own benefit and racism serves this agenda as does fistfights do. You cannot get rid of it no more then you can get rid of fistfights, but you can certainly control it..

So, basically, your argument is "stop wasting your time talking about things like compassion and justice, because we're all selfish meatbags and you won't solve the problem overnight, so why bother talking about it?"

What a helpful attitude.
 
White, Black, Yellow, Green

who gives a **** as long as the actor is good.

I agree. People are making such a huge deal about it. :/ Like sometimes I wonder if they just get hired to fill a racial quota nowadays and forget the fact that they might not even do as good of a JOB.


It'd so ridiculous. Just hire the actor for their skills, not their colour.
 
A while back their was a (minor) kerfuffle over the fact they where only trying White guys for the role of ShinkenRed, it was rendered moot after a revised call sheet opened the role to all comers, but it go me thinking....

Is it Maybe the right time to have a Power Ranger team that is comprised entirely of Non-Caucasians?

I see no reason to go out of your way like that. It's just as bad as wanting white-only in a role.
 
So, basically, your argument is "stop wasting your time talking about things like compassion and justice, because we're all selfish meatbags and you won't solve the problem overnight, so why bother talking about it?"

What a helpful attitude.
You know it is really sad that we have been having this same exact argument since at least ancient Greece. And really the proper course of action isn't that hard to see. Yes we all are ingrained with some form of prejudice, to be honest we can be quite loathsome. We just have to admit we are flawed and try to adjust, I will admit is harder than it sounds but it is better than just saying it is just human nature and giving up. And really this isn't even about human nature, because human nature is solely about survival of the individual and the species. What we are discussing are societal aspects which quite honestly works against survival.

But this really isn't a conversation I want to have now, so getting back to the topic. You want to counter perceived racial inequality with overt?
 
I dunno, I'd find an entirely non-white team a little... disorienting.

Definately be fun to watch though- sounds like a spoof or something. Someone should suggest it to Adult Swim.:laugh:

Of course, we can definately throw out the entirely non-straight team of Power Rangers... I hope. lol
 
Nobody's ingrained with prejudice. Most people learn it, or don't learn it, from parents and peers.

Some people pick it up later in life as a way of dealing with their failures and insecurities, i.e., "Well, as long as I'm better than all Hispanic and black people, I guess I can handle making less money than the guy who lives next door."

In all cases, there is nothing universal or inevitable about it. People are rational and responsible for their own worldview. If you're both a racist dickbag and an adult, it's your own damned fault.
 
Nobody's ingrained with prejudice. Most people learn it, or don't learn it, from parents and peers.

Some people pick it up later in life as a way of dealing with their failures and insecurities, i.e., "Well, as long as I'm better than all Hispanic and black people, I guess I can handle making less money than the guy who lives next door."

In all cases, there is nothing universal or inevitable about it. People are rational and responsible for their own worldview. If you're both a racist dickbag and an adult, it's your own damned fault.
I don't mean it is ingrained at birth, it just becomes part of us from our interactions in society. Also I wasn't just referring to racial prejudice, there is also prejudice against religion, certain body types and even hair color. Frankly prejudice to me is just another luxury that our society affords us.
 
So, basically, your argument is "stop wasting your time talking about things like compassion and justice, because we're all selfish meatbags and you won't solve the problem overnight, so why bother talking about it?"

What a helpful attitude.

I never said I was going to say anything nice, just how it actually is. justice and compassion are almost always perverted and twisted for someones own gain(Stalin, Nepoleon, Julius Ceaser, just to cite a few of them.). it's repeated infinitely throughout history. If it was as easy as we think it could be, by our generation it would have been wiped out.

The right course of action is to realize the flaw isn't in just a specific few rednecks in the Appalachian mountains but in everybody. you cause it, I cause it, everyone causes it. people need to stop thinking things in a black/white manner about things and realize it's gray and in human hands.

Human beings are selfish, greedy little things which will do anything for themselves. Do I like to think like this? No, but I'm not going to look away and be ignorant. it's the truth of the matter and there is nothing we can do about it other then Lobotomizing the entire populace into not having free will.

Nobody's ingrained with prejudice. Most people learn it, or don't learn it, from parents and peers.

Some people pick it up later in life as a way of dealing with their failures and insecurities, i.e., "Well, as long as I'm better than all Hispanic and black people, I guess I can handle making less money than the guy who lives next door."

In all cases, there is nothing universal or inevitable about it. People are rational and responsible for their own worldview. If you're both a racist dickbag and an adult, it's your own damned fault.

When bringing in the selfish gene theory and sexual psychology into it, it doesn't seem to be as such. Have you ever seen Sweet Sweetbacks badass song before? In it the only sympathetic white characters in the entire movie are the women whom Sweetback Bones the crap out of. In the infamous movie a Birth of a nation, it portrayed ex-slaves as monstrous rapists. Basically racism means in that sence is "I wanna **** all dem purty women of yours and make them have my babies!!" Now when you think about it, it makes some sense doesn't it?

You know it is really sad that we have been having this same exact argument since at least ancient Greece. And really the proper course of action isn't that hard to see. Yes we all are ingrained with some form of prejudice, to be honest we can be quite loathsome. We just have to admit we are flawed and try to adjust, I will admit is harder than it sounds but it is better than just saying it is just human nature and giving up. And really this isn't even about human nature, because human nature is solely about survival of the individual and the species. What we are discussing are societal aspects which quite honestly works against survival.

Like I said I think it's half sexual and half social at the least.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top