is anyone else getting sick of the useless cellphone devices in KR?

Impulse87

Member
Ok so I've noticed that the last two KR series has had cellphones which pretty much don't do anything

such as Climax Ketaros Phone in Den-O which was nothing more than a henshin device, which could have been anything else rather than a useless cellphone device

the Ixa-phone/gun weapon seems to be better since it also doubles as a gun but it annoys me how it only has one code to activate something (193 to go into rising mode)

is anyone else a little annoyed?
 
Well, I'm tired of some of the excessive gimmicks in Rider in general. Oddly enough though with Faiz I found myself being more or less ok with the cellphone thing after awhile because at least it didn't seem totally incongruous with the tech theme of the suits. It felt less tacked on than something like magic phones or CCG cards. My feeling is that the idea of a modular type henshin belt is not so bad but how it is done.

With Blade, I started to enjoy it even despite my hate of the card gimmick and some aspects of it I got into. Like, the henshin wall the cards formed was used in some really cool ways, such as when they're jumping off from a high point and the wall forms underneath them allowing them to henshin when they pass through it and thus land safely because they're powered up. With Ryuki I hated the actual cards but I liked the henshins with slamming the deck into the Advent Belts. Something about that just works. It'd have been better if rather than pulling out Bandai CCG's to do everything, the deck was like something that captured the data of the monsters and allowed the Rider to summon the powers on their own either by force of will or verbal command.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind it if they had the balls to just let a henshin belt be a henshin belt again without critters, cards, phones, whistles or whatever. But if they could be a little less whackass with the gimmicks for the modular belts I'd be fine with that to.
 
To be fair, IXA's "phone" barely counts as one. It's not really even a phone gun (that is doubly used as a phone) like the others, but a gun shaped like a phone. There is a difference between the two. And it's an actual piece of the suit, not a separate gadget to slap on.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top