And now, it looks like DC isn't the ONLY one with an anime. DC has Gotham Knight but Marvel has Ironman the Anime. So THIS EVENS out the score.

MARVEL is MARVELOUS!

Thats not really a fair comparison, Gotham Knight was just DC's yearly animated special except this time DC wanted to try something different and went with the Animatrix approach with no set plot and just a bunch of shorts by famous anime studios. Iron Man and Wolverine are full anime TV series with one studio and episodes written by Warren Ellis all apart of a project to have four anime series based on Marvel comics.

saw the trailer, loved it but it's a little too much like anime to my liking haha

I wonder what the next marvel or DC comic that will be adapted into anime form...

and I was reading some manga that Stan Lee co-created, it's actually pretty cool haha

Thats not really a fair comparison, Gotham Knight was just DC's yearly animated special except this time DC wanted to try something different and went with the Animatrix approach with no set plot and just a bunch of shorts by famous anime studios. Iron Man and Wolverine are full anime TV series with one studio and episodes written by Warren Ellis all apart of a project to have four anime series based on Marvel comics.

Since when was Wolverine made?

Since when was Wolverine made?

The same exact time the Iron Man trailer came out. Come on the thread was only two threads below this one...

http://henshinjustice.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39318

And unlike Iron Man, Wolverine doesn't look so good. It stars some cross between Joe Dirt and Edward Cullen posing as Logan and looks like it has little to do with Wolverine in general aside from the claws. But episodes are also being written by Warren Ellis so I'll keep my thoughts open on it.

Remember, these are not for us. Madhouse was tasked with adapting the characters to a Japanese audience. I'm surprised Iron Man is as recognizable as it is.

Remember, these are not for us. Madhouse was tasked with adapting the characters to a Japanese audience. I'm surprised Iron Man is as recognizable as it is.

Well considering how Warren Ellis is the head writer I'm sure its not just Madhouse doing their thing. I'm not saying localization hasn't a place in these new anime projects but I'm just saying its not the only factor here.

Well considering how Warren Ellis is the head writer I'm sure its not just Madhouse doing their thing. I'm not saying localization hasn't a place in these new anime projects but I'm just saying its not the only factor here.

Oh, I'm sure we'll get them. I'm just saying we're not the intended audience, hence the new villains and the obvious changes in character design.

My guess is Madhouse came up with a premise, Ellis scripted it, Madhouse translated his script and gave it another pass and they'll do the animation and dubbing. The trick is, when it reaches these shores, will they translate and then get Ellis to do another pass?

Oh, I'm sure we'll get them. I'm just saying we're not the intended audience, hence the new villains and the obvious changes in character design.

My guess is Madhouse came up with a premise, Ellis scripted it, Madhouse translated his script and gave it another pass and they'll do the animation and dubbing. The trick is, when it reaches these shores, will they translate and then get Ellis to do another pass?

I don't think its so much as "intended for Japanese audiences" but rather taking the lore and putting a Japanese spin on it and have it appeal to both regions.

That sounds pretty close, although I'd say Marvel initially came up with the premise and then consulted and contracted Madhouse, with Ellis writing the whole thing. Ellis probably over saw some of the production that went on already, he's probably calling some of the shots. So by the time a few episodes make it here during the production stages I'd say Ellis has probably already approved of at least some of them. But from what I can tell from SDCC it looks like it'll be a simultaneous release.

Although the localization of the lore is curi'ous in itself. Since its been proven in the past that Japan loves Marvel for what it already is, so why was it necessary? I mean I'm glad its something unique and different for once (funny that it happens to be a Marvel multiverse tale), but I don't think a drastic localization (more so Wolverine's part) was necessary for it to be successful in both regions.

Last edited: