I submitted my story concepts top the Power rangers audition email

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue. Honestly.

You live in a country that has a completely differant entertainment industry that other major parts of the world. The only concievable idea I have is to try to, somehow, become friends with someone who is part of the show- and, because of the hidden agenda in this, I'm pretty sure this would just be harassment.

As you said before, keep searching and looking for a way through the cracks and take advantage of them. You have to never let your sights settle on one thing, do something they won't expect to get their attention in a good way & change your tactics when it's obvious they don't work.

There is only one other person from my area who got into the film industry in the last 50 years. How? He harassed Spielburg with weekly letters until he got his script read. That person was/ is now Chris Columbus, CEO of 1492 Pictures. Although, I have to admit that this isn't exactly a good idea anymore & Columbus had an original spec script, so...
 
Is there another option to make my ideas into a reality i mean im from a different country how will i find an agent,I just really want to see it come true,I haven't receive my degree and diploma yet? and 2013 a different power ranger season not based on my idea will be made ,I just wanted it to make it come true ,How?

Plenty of people want something, dude. But it simply doesn't matter how much you want it when your entire way of getting it done is wrong.

In all likelihood, if Saban has decided they want to continue adapting Sentai for the coming years, they already HAVE something planned or even decided upon. You're chasing what is, at the moment and like this, an impossible dream.
 
Okay, this thread has run it's course and the same advice is given and peppered throughout the now 8 pages.

kamsasdn13213231, if you want to take the advice others have posted, fine. If not, good luck to you.

If someone has some advice that has not been given, PM myself or one of the mods and the thread can be repopened.

EDIT- just to consolidate the advise given so it's in one easy to find spot.
1) If you're wanting to be working for an AMERICAN TV show, learn American grammar and writing style.
2) You're going to have to be represented by an Agent & become a member of the Writers Guild
3) More than likely you're going to have to move in California for any of this to happen. As I can't fathom any agent in America would represent an unknown person in another country.
4) Get a college degree in English, writing, or something that will help you in your goal.

It's okay to have a dream, we all do, but at some point you have to be realistic about your dreams and set realistic goals to achieve those dreams. Not every tale is a Cinderella story and not everything is going to be handed to you on a silver platter.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I actually know a fair amount about the animation/ tv/ film biz and I wanted to post this. I'll just quote what I gave to Rider Faiz because retyping it would be a little pointless since it's understandable. Anyways...
There is actually a lot of animation/ film stuff in India that I would like to let him know about before you close the thread again.
I don't know if he'll take my advice to start from the ground up instead of hassling the producers on the site, but linkedin.com is a great resource for production in India. There are groups he can join and he can make a network with professionals and ask for VALID advice.

Since english is obviously not his first language, it may help him to speak in his language so he can come across more professional on the site, or include "pardon my english" before contacting people there. You REALLY don't want to make enemies or waste people's time on there because the high-ups are well known in the industry and probably very busy people.. so try and stay polite.

For example, just by googling I found:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447809
"authors association of india
the group is dedicated to writers,poets and journalists and the purpose is to bring all of them on a single platform and exchange their views about writing and help one another to get jobs snd books published"

or

http://www.linkedin.com/title/producer/at-india-tv

He hasn't been listening to any of my advice, but maybe he'll listen to the advice of these producers.


Just thought I'd help.


Also, I believe I just found Saban's company page here:

http://www.linkedin.com/company/651...*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&trk=ncsrch_hits

and here

http://www.linkedin.com/company/135...*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2_*2&trk=ncsrch_hits

I just checked their website link and sure enough:

"Saban Brands LLC, an affiliate of SCG, was formed in 2010 to acquire, manage and license entertainment properties and consumer brands across media and consumer platforms globally, and currently holds the rights to Power Rangers and Paul Frank Industries in its portfolio."

You need to sign up in order to see most profiles, and to contact some people you may need to be connected with them somehow. Some people are much more lenient about privacy.. but I do warn you to exercise caution if you are going to send them a message. I am very serious about this.

I do not recommend contacting them. However, if you ARE going to approach them, do not send them your ideas through linkedIn, but rather, be polite and approach them professionally with questions that are more general like "I've always been a fan of Power Rangers and I am inspired to be a better writer, and if you could spare the time, I would like to politely ask you a question! What does you or Saban think is a good way to get started if my goal is to write for TV or a company like yours? Thanks for your time, it means a lot to me!"


LinkedIn can be a bit of a funny place.. apparently a friend/coworker of mine is a friend of one of Barack Obama's friends.. lol.. so he shows up as like a "3rd" connection from me. Funny how small the world can be.

Anyways, good luck :33
 
Last edited:
Last comments to I submitted my story concepts top the Power rangers audition email

Since you people decided to close my thread and not like my idea i decided ill try elsewhere like Facebook but i am leaving few comments

To Kiryurules who says :Plenty of people want something, dude. But it simply doesn't matter how much you want it when your entire way of getting it done is wrong.

In all likelihood, if Saban has decided they want to continue adapting Sentai for the coming years, they already HAVE something planned or even decided upon. You're chasing what is, at the moment and like this, an impossible dream.

Yes it might be impossible but i am not giving up yet

To Rider Faiz who said this :
- just to consolidate the advise given so it's in one easy to find spot.
1) If you're wanting to be working for an AMERICAN TV show, learn American grammar and writing style.
2) You're going to have to be represented by an Agent & become a member of the Writers Guild
3) More than likely you're going to have to move in California for any of this to happen. As I can't fathom any agent in America would represent an unknown person in another country.
4) Get a college degree in English, writing, or something that will help you in your goal.

I didn't talk English properly though because i didn't talk to any people that's what someone told me about it and and writers guild,I rather accept as free lancer than joining the guild,Ill elsewhere in america than leaving in California and yes ill get college degree but i pass in English in college .

ANd kura thanks for a bit of advice but ill deal with it my own because i did the same thing .
P.S here's an excerpt from my letter i send to the audition:

Dear Sir,
My name is Marty.A.Tholath, I’m a 22 year old person from a country called India who is a BBA student, when I heard that you are holding auditions in California, Los Angeles, I didn’t want to star or as an extra in the next power rangers season, I want to be hired as a screenwriter or a consultant, Because I watched the super sentai series which is the source material for the power rangers Goseiger and Gokaiger. I come with the potential Idea for the next 2 power ranger’s seasons.
1. Power ranger’s season based on Goseiger .
The season will almost be based on their source material Goseiger which has the angelic theme but it will be different, The rangers will be aliens from a different planet close relating to earth who helps people but remain secret, They protect the earth and their planet from evil invasion beings, One of the evil invader beings (later revealed to be the American counterpart of goseigers enemy Brajira who is a rogue and evil ranger) has destroyed their path that lead to their way to their home planet, Now stranded they are taken shelter by a 10 year old boy who is a best friend of the red ranger and his father. The story will be about them trying to find their way to reach their home, while doing their duties as protectors of earth while trying to find about who destroyed their path to their home world, a comedy relief will be about a press reporter who wants to expose the rangers to the whole world but with comedic results. The robot who is the ally of the current power rangers is the American counterpart of the goseigers robot ally Datas, his robot body in the show will remain Datas Hyper (Datas 2nd form) in this season because it will be ridiculous to show datas first form in the season which has anime eyes, The American counterpart of Datas (in Datas hyper body) will have a combination of C-3PO and alpha, when battle comes he will grow giant. The 6th ranger (American counterpart of goseiknight, who is a robot will not have a civilian identity and will be voiced by sentai actors of this seasons source material such as Yudai Chiba, Kyousuke Hamao, Kento Ono or Katsuyuki Konishi (who may portray as the American counterpart of his role) If they know English.

2. Power ranger’s season based on Gokaiger .
The next season which will be an anniversary season in 2013 will be loosely based on the sentai anniversary season Gokaiger it will not have a pirate theme because it is ridiculous , but there will be difference, The Story will begin in 1993 (which will take place after the episode green with evil: breaking the spell) where an invasion force (who are not rita and lord zed)is conquering the planet and the rangers of 1993 ( the mighty morphin) can’t handle them so zordon send the power rangers from the future and other dimensions from 1996 to 2011 to help them, After the threat is ended with the invaders destroyed, the rangers are victorious but the red ranger of the mighty morphin felt that they will be back, So he and every rangers decided to give half of their powers to a different set of power coins which has the images of the rangers helmets, and have their minds erase from theier battle with the invasion force until they return to conquer earth again. In the present year (2013)The new rangers (who are not pirates like their Japanese counterparts but rebels) from a different planet who are conquered by the invaders from 1993 landed on earth because they are trying to find a source that can defeat them, But the invaders (their conquerors follow them) and locate their headquarters on the moon , Now the rangers must find a source to defeat the invaders by trying to master the powers from previous rangers. My concept will have the rangers morphin device similar to the mighty morphing power rangers morphing device (the belt buckle with coin centre thing)because the coins have the previous rangers helmets imprinted on them, Instead of them turning into previous rangers (like their Japanese counterparts) they will summon them in the form of puppets to control and help the rangers. The sixth ranger will be similar like his Japanese counterpart who is a sentai fanatic but he controls the previous extra rangers as puppets as well. The red ranger’s battelizer will have to be powered by the mighty morphin red ranger coin to space coin by using the shield which absorbs the coins powers. The previous rangers will be cast by their actors from previous series if some didn’t appear they will appear in their costume forms but will be voiced by different actors, The American counterpart of Basco to jolokia the enemy of gokaired will just be an American made evil ranger, his costume will just like the red rangers costume but darker red and has a scar on its visor. The American counterpart of navi gokaigers informant parrot will be replaced by a different type of alpha who will have homages to the original alpha. The ship mecha of gokaiger will not be pirate sailing ship ,but a battleship instead, their cockpit will look similar to a star trek enterprise cockpit and instead of Akared it will have billy or Andros who give the red ranger coins (since he now remembers that the invaders have returned),Because he is either Andros or billys apprentice.

These are my two concept story ideas, I hope I can be hired as a writer or consultant not as an actor and I hope I can be hired.

Read them but don't say about my dream and wish to join the power rangers crew tell me what you think of my two stories?
 
another Last comments to I submitted my story concepts top the Power rangers audition

Look i know you closed the thread and i all say is one thing im sorry its just i just needed attention and wish my stories will come true but maybe in about 2014 then ill make it come true but for now what do you think of my story if its good im glad
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top