How do you respond to friends bashing your fav toku

Well, my friends don't know about me and toku.

But if they did, and they bashed it...I honestly wouldn't care.
 
I merely ignore friends who bash my toku because really, they can say whatever they want but their opinions are BS anyway so ...
 
I usually hear something like a ground-shaking bomb in the distance only to have my vision go completely black before losing consciousness. I awaken hours later to discover myself wandering the wastes near my home in a daze and covered in what appears to be human blood. Despite the perplexity and confusion which accompany this state, I also feel happy, warm and somehow vindicated.

No, it's more like:

Friend: Guys wrestling in rubber suits. That's so gay.

Me: Guys running around putting a ball through a net. Whoopee!! Guys driving in circles, wasting gas and getting called 'heroes?' Let's face it. People are stupid and the things they like are likewise idiotic and without justification. So, let's live and let live or I'm going to demonstrate the meaning of "defenestration" for you.
 
I have just three friends I talk to (but rarely, if ever, hang out with them).

Friend 1: Loves toku as much as he does anime.

Friend 2: Hasn't watched any toku yet, but thinks it's neat.

Friend 3: Doesn't like anything Japanese, but he knows I like this stuff and he respects my interests. In turn, I respect his.

So yeah... my friends aren't really a problem so much as the other people that hang around them that think it's all Power Rangers. Most will accept the "it's not Power Rangers" argument and go on with their day saying "I'll take your word for it". I've only encountered one asshole (he's notorious for being a closed-minded idiot) that was harassing me (as well as Friend 1) about watching lame Power Rangers shows, and gawking at us incessantly (this was after Friend 1 foolishly tried to pawn Kabuto on him). I promptly told him to mind his own damn business. This guy's an asshole to everyone though, so I try not to think too much of it. Still grates on my nerves though... :shakefist
 
I'm in the same thing but I do have one churchmate who is a Toku fan like me, but I left him back home in the Philippines. but my cousins back in the Philippines do understand me, but my American cousins don't.
 
with me i don't care if anyone think it's stupid. but if they insults me he will get a fist in his face. but than again here in holland they take insults as an opinion so that sucks.
 
In my case, I never met anyone who keep bashing me about tokusatsu, my friend usually make fun of it and say something like 'Uuh, you still like Power Ranger, even at your age' or 'why you still buy PR's toys?' etc at first when they know I like tokusatsu, but I simply said 'because I like it' and they kinda understand and never mention it again :D


Some roomates at my boarding house even ask me to share some eps of Kamen Rider(but probably because they already like anime, so they enjoy some toku shows too~ XD)
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top